• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

5 Night Suite Night Upgrade elected through 2020...

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a suite night upgrade attached to a pre paid package stay for August, which we had to cancel yesterday due to early college start for our daughter. Called into Bonvoy this morning because I wasnt seeing either in my husbands account after cancelling. They seperately confirmed that both the package and the (5 night) suite night upgrade should be back now, but only seeing the prepaid (5 night) package at this point. I will wait a day and see if its back tomorrow, but wondering if the upgrade should show in the same place as the package (Activity=>Awards) or somewhere else because its elected, not awarded (cant remember where it was before, lol). If anyone does remember - thanks in advance for the info!
Vicki

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Should be in the same place....Activity page, Earned Awards section.

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had the suite night upgrade cancellations take a week to be updated in the system. When you click on "account activity" you should see your remaining
suite night awards at the top of the page.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry yes, they were returned to my husbands account, showed up the next day. Thanks for responses!

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our SNA cancellations seem to usually show up immediately after a cancellation.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
I'm curious, I hear about suite night upgrades mentioned. I am not familiar with these. Can anyone briefly explain what these are and how they work? Or maybe a link with the explanation?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I hear about suite night upgrades mentioned. I am not familiar with these. Can anyone briefly explain what these are and how they work? Or maybe a link with the explanation?
In a nutshell If you stay 50 nights bonvoy members get an annual award and suite nights is one of the choices.
You can request to upgrade your room (use your suite nights) at certain hotels at certain times and you are not guaranteed you will get the upgrade until a few days before the stay.
You should be able to find the details under bonvoy benefits on Marriott.com.
I used mine last October- it was complicated it a great benefit when they came through.

Here’s a link- keep scrolling down to platinum elite 50 night annual choice benefit.

Last edited: