• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

45 days out

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I had read that 45 days out, any deposited week you hvae, no atter how week, will pull any avaiable resort. My big RED week deposit pulls 83 but with the WHITE week deposited only, 74 resorts show up. Why?
Thanks
JOAN

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
ronandjoan said:
I had read that 45 days out, any deposited week you hvae, no atter how week, will pull any avaiable resort. My big RED week deposit pulls 83 but with the WHITE week deposited only, 74 resorts show up. Why?
ThanksJOAN
The downward VEP filter still applies within the 45 day window. Any resorts that RCI considers to be not good enough for your white week's resort to exchange into will not show up when searching with that week. Is your white week resort of higher quality than your red week resort?
If you see a flexchange week with your red week deposit that you want to get with your white week, call a Guide and request it.

Sorry Madge, I forgot I was on your board.

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I suspected that

Well, it stil makes me uphappy becausethe the general word out is that ANY deposit will take ANYTHING available and then it doesn't.

However,m that is a good idea to call a VC and request it. I'll do that when i need to.THANKS

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joan,

Downward VEP is always in effect. Our system still wants to provide a vacation that's within a reasonable quality range of yours. The range is very broad, but it does remain even for close dates.

If you'd like to know for sure, you can send a message to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can check if for you.

cclendinen

TUG Member
Reaction score
This does not make since?

Madge said:
Joan,

Downward VEP is always in effect. Our system still wants to provide a vacation that's within a reasonable quality range of yours. The range is very broad, but it does remain even for close dates.

If you'd like to know for sure, you can send a message to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can check if for you.

If the issue was the downward VEP filter shouldn't the white week pull more weeks in the 45 day window than a red week?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
cclendinen said:
If the issue was the downward VEP filter shouldn't the white week pull more weeks in the 45 day window than a red week?

White and Red are indicators of demanded season and not of VEP. The White week in question might be a Gold Crown while the RED week may be unrated.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
cclendinen,

Spence has this right. VEP speaks only to quality; whereas, season speaks to demand and Trading Power.