• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

4* Tokyo Hilton - $2-$3/night!!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Got this on a fare alert. I just tried it for Easter weekend and the prices are still showing up.

The Hilton Tokyo is offering rooms for only $2/night (and $3/night for executive level rooms which include breakfast). This offer appears to be valid at least through August 2006, and should work for all dates where the hotel is not sold out. In order to book this rate, go to Booking Buddy, click "Hotel", enter "Tokyo" as the city, and "Hilton Tokyo" as the hotel name, then search Expedia, and sort the results by price.

Maybe we could have a TUG get together in Tokyo!

Flo

TUG Member
Reaction score
going to Tokyo

We consider ourselves super lucky to have found this information! We are already scheduled to visit our son who lives in Tokyo in early Dec. He had booked a room at a Hyatt for about $300/night and now the whole hotel stay will cost us $14 in a Hilton.
Due to the time difference, we haven't been able to tell him, we're hoping this hotel isn't too far from where he lives in Roppongi.
Anyone know how far Roppongi is from Shinjuko?

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got three weekends during "triple mile March" next year. We'll see if this sticks. Expedia is well-known for backing out. Since the deal wasn't on Travelocity, I'm thinking it wasn't a Hilton issue.

At any rate, I'm seeing W fares (3 day) SFO-KIX for 715 on UA. A little cheaper to NRT, but then there's the train to deal with. I'll pull the trigger at 600. With no add-on segments, EQM's will be 5398 each way. With the promo and 1P bonus, RDM's will be 43184. East-Coaster's likely can do better, cents/mile-wise.

Good luck!

Pat

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Pat, what do you mean by "3 day" fares? Is that the minimum stay?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
camachinist said:
With no add-on segments, EQM's will be 5398 each way. With the promo and 1P bonus, RDM's will be 43184.

How do you get to 43,184? I get 21,592 - base miles plus 1P bonus.

I'm apparently missing something. The only current promo I'm aware of is the double EQM opportunity (for a fee), which doesn't affect RDMs.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
W fare has three day minimum as measured from departure date/time

RDM's are determined by base miles plus 1p bonus plus 2x base for triple mile "elite choice" promo, which I qualify for. I imagine those posting here who are UA elites do as well. IIRC, it's 125K EQM's for 1K's... so total would equal 4x base r/t RDM's

link

Pat

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I won't qualify for the choice bonus unless I do a long mileage run. If I did, a trip to KIX in March would get me almost 64,000 miles. Hmmmm, maybe it's worth it!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ah.... My goof.

I missed that you were planning March travel and taking advantage of the March triple miles option. I was thinking "current" travel.

I'm planning a Singapore run in March for the same triple miles for a total of 4x.

Last edited:

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat H said:
I won't qualify for the choice bonus unless I do a long mileage run. If I did, a trip to KIX in March would get me almost 64,000 miles. Hmmmm, maybe it's worth it!
Where are you, EQM-wise? By long, do you mean overseas?

The only rub with the 2xEQM promo is that they don't post until 12/31, so qualifying has to be by BIS, VISA promo EQM's or UA tix purchases.

Have to give UA credit for really rolling out the incentives. I pro-actively booked my MR's once yogi started feeding us advance info on the promos in September. Still was able to get in on the 150-180 transcon deals, which mostly are gone, although I saw some at 165, ex-PHX a couple days ago.

If you're interested, let me know what you need.

Pat

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
camachinist said:
Where are you, EQM-wise? By long, do you mean overseas?

The only rub with the 2xEQM promo is that they don't post until 12/31, so qualifying has to be by BIS, VISA promo EQM's or UA tix purchases.

Have to give UA credit for really rolling out the incentives. I pro-actively booked my MR's once yogi started feeding us advance info on the promos in September. Still was able to get in on the 150-180 transcon deals, which mostly are gone, although I saw some at 165, ex-PHX a couple days ago.

If you're interested, let me know what you need.

Pat

I'll be at 57,889 on 12/31. Do you do all these trips in coach?

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat H said:
I'll be at 57,889 on 12/31. Do you do all these trips in coach?
Some in F, some in coach. Last trip was in Y (SFO-BDL last weekend). Depends on the upgrade fairy. H-fare for SFO-KIX was 1144 for 3 day. Since I'm not 1K, I don't have SWU's (yet ;) ), but I do have miles. I've done 17 hours in Y (JFK-JNB) and it wasn't fun, but I survived it.

Working on a nice F trip to Oz on UA, NZ or SQ for the Mrs. and myself.

I should be at a tick over 54K by 12/31. 42K BIS. 37001 currently. Nice move from historical GM. I can thank you, Dave and FT for that. What fun :)

Pat

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
camachinist said:
Nice move from historical GM. I can thank you, Dave and FT for that. What fun :)

Pat

Me?? I wish I could take advantage of more of these deals. Need to retire first.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Don't be surprised if the hotel chain won't honor the rate. Somewhere in the online info it says errors in rates can be corrected, and those rates will NOT be honored.

Happened with other web posted rates before. Just to say you were warned.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy Lovell said:
Don't be surprised if the hotel chain won't honor the rate. Somewhere in the online info it says errors in rates can be corrected, and those rates will NOT be honored.

Happened with other web posted rates before. Just to say you were warned.
Heh...considering the "risk", I'm hearing someone wished they had been in on it ;)

You need to spend more time on FT. More often than not, the rates/fares are honored, with some stipulations. FT was instrumental in the effecting of travelocity's online guarantee.

Who knows, I might throw some business Hilton's way as a result. Expedia too.

Pat

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
There have already been several reports of people getting replies from Expedia that the rates WILL be honored. Expedia will be paying Hilton the correct amount but the people who booked reservations will not be penalized.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat H said:
There have already been several reports of people getting replies from Expedia that the rates WILL be honored. Expedia will be paying Hilton the correct amount but the people who booked reservations will not be penalized.
Hope you're right, Pat. Guess I'll have to learn a little Japanese ;)

I'm still leary of their CSR's spinning a positive web to keep folks placated until they make a real decision. I'll just sit back and wait. I've got plenty of time :D

Pat

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
One of the posters on FT said that he called the hotel. He spoke to them in Japanese so there would be no misunderstanding and the hotel told him that it didn't matter what he paid since they get paid by Expedia. They confirmed that he did have a reservation.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Well yes, I guess I did not read very well, it was Expedia that was offering the price, not Hilton directly.

Last year on FT when the Sheraton Bora Bora Nui missed a 0 on the sheraton's website, they would NOT honor the rate. But that was the hotel directly and not expedia selling it.

Different situation.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Looks like Expedia is now sending cancellation notices. Even those people who had previously received emails saying the reservations would be honored are getting cancelled. Haven't received mine yet. Expedia is going to get a lot of bad publicity from this.

Flo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a cancellation email from Expedia tonight and just spent a long time speaking with a supervisor. I was irate and insistent that this was totally wrong of them to cancel as I had confirmation numbers from both Expedia and Hilton. They are "looking into the matter".
I don't have much hope that it will be resolved in my favor but we'll see.......

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I apologize to those of you who booked this deal and are now out plane fare or vacation time due to Expedia's cancellation of the fares. I did book a few days but did not get my air. I got my cancellation notice this morning. Sure makes one hesitant to post these deals in the future. :(

Last edited: