• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

4* Tokyo Hilton - $2-$3/night!!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Sandy Lovell said:
Don't be surprised if the hotel chain won't honor the rate. Somewhere in the online info it says errors in rates can be corrected, and those rates will NOT be honored.

Happened with other web posted rates before. Just to say you were warned.

Hate to say it, but I told you so. They have a way out of a error in loading a rate.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy Lovell said:
Hate to say it, but I told you so. They have a way out of a error in loading a rate.
Unfortunately, you haven't been following closely. There are dozens of reservations which are being honored (at the minimum), and there's a group of us working with the press to put pressure on the companies regarding the rest. Those of us who are shareholders, I am enouraging to contact investor relations with our concerns.

IIRC, there are currently two FT'ers in Japan on this deal. Considering FT is only the tip of the iceberg, I trust there are many more.

We're learning a lot about Hilton (Itl.) and Expedia from this. That's good, IMO.

Pat

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with this situation is that Expedia confirmed the reservations at these very low rates, sent e-mails out acknowleding that the rates were incorrect but that they would honor them as long as no changes were made to the itinerary, then more than five days later made a blanket cancellation. By that time, I had booked airline tickets and requested and received a week of unpaid vacation. Not to mention I felt that I had read enough Expedia e-mails (I counted at least nine separate "we will honor our rates" posted on the Flyer Talk thread) to be able to tell my teenage son that we were going to Tokyo together. If Expedia had cancelled within 1-2 days I would have understood and I would not have made plans.

Pat- it was a great post and no matter what happens it was very nice of you to bring this to the attention of Tuggers!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Glenn, I read on FlyerTalk that Expedia is now reconfirming reservations for people who called or emailed and got assurance that their reservations were good or already got their flights before the cancellations were sent out. It might be worth a phone call to Expedia.

Pat, were your reservations cancelled?

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
This saga just goes on and on. Now Expedia is telling people that ALL reservations are cancelled with no exceptions. You would think they could get their act straight.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This must have caused quite a ruckus. The following story about this deal was a featured story on my AOL homepage tonight:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051112155909990007

It seems that they are honoring some that are for this month, and are giving others a "$250 coupon for a package trip to Japan." Do they mean $250 total for a trip to Japan? If so...not bad for people who booked this deal.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Dani said:
Hi,

This must have caused quite a ruckus. The following story about this deal was a featured story on my AOL homepage tonight:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051112155909990007

It seems that they are honoring some that are for this month, and are giving others a "$250 coupon for a package trip to Japan." Do they mean $250 total for a trip to Japan? If so...not bad for people who booked this deal.

The $250 is only good on a package deal and must be booked by 12/31/05. For most people who booked the $3 room it's a useless coupon

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I see Pat...silly me. I thought that they were giving an entire package to people for $250 and not discounting a package by $250.