• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 bedroom Hilton Head

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a 3 bedroom on Hilton Head? Looking at May 2022

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Surfwatch have 3 bedrooms villas.
Exchange thru II.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Dunes on Port Royal Plantaion have 3 bedrooms villas.
Exchange thru II & RCI.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwind Villas on Shipyard Plantation have 3 bedrooms villas
Exchange thru RCI & II.

Last edited:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Pedro has been very helpful. We stayed at Island Links one Christmas and at Coral Sands at Eastertime in 3 bedroom units.

FWIW, my strategy when looking for units is to go the the RCI directory and filter with the # of bedrooms needed. Once that is determined, Iconsider location, amenities and reviews both on the RCI site and here on TUG. If no units are currently available I put in an Ongoing Search (OGS).

I suspect the same strategy can work for II.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside by Spinnaker has 3 BR units at their location in Hilton Head by Coligny Plazza. Grocery store, several restaurants and shopping all within a short walk. They also provide a shuttle to the beach or you can walk. It's not far unless you have to lug a whole bunch of stuff with you.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Port O’Call has 3 bedroom stand alone cottages. They are very nice. Exchange through RCI.

Yes. I am in one as I type this.

Spinnaker Waterside is also good for my purposes (with a slight/mild preference for a Port O'Call cottage). Both are fairly easy exchanges if planning ahead. If you are on the points side of RCI, you can book Port O'Call at 10 months out. If you are on the weeks side, get your OGS going ... and you should probably do that on the points side as well to give you more options.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Regarding how nice the listed 3BR villas are, I'd say they're all nice and would be enjoyable. None are bad.
My ranking would be in this order, best first:

Surfwatch (definitely the best)
Waterside by Spinnaker...renovated last year, very nice.
Royal Dunes....also renovated, always nice.
Southwind II, Port O' Call, Egret Point, Bluewater, Island Links.......(all tied)

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a 3 bedroom on Hilton Head? Looking at May 2022
We enjoyed a stay at Port o Call..nice cottage style... lots of space, right on a lagoon. Also Royal Dunes was very nice.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good choice. What month are you going? We are going in October.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My ranking would be in this order, best first:

Surfwatch (definitely the best)
Waterside by Spinnaker...renovated last year, very nice.
Royal Dunes....also renovated, always nice.
Southwind II, Port O' Call, Egret Point, Bluewater, Island Links.......(all tied)

In my opinion the best 3 bedroom on HHI by far is Marriott's Crown Suite. Probably the only way to get a Crown Suite Week is to see if Marriott Rentals has one available for rent. It will cost you an arm and a leg but if cost is not important, the Crown Suite is ultra fabulous. Trust me. I used to own one...

George

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
In my opinion the best 3 bedroom on HHI by far is Marriott's Crown Suite. Probably the only way to get a Crown Suite Week is to see if Marriott Rentals has one available for rent. It will cost you an arm and a leg but if cost is not important, the Crown Suite is ultra fabulous. Trust me. I used to own one...

George

Note the Crown Suite is the only 3BR unit at the Marriott Monarch in Sea Pines! It's great - penthouse, oceanfront, twice the size of a 2BR - but availability is severely limited. So while it's definitely worth adding to a list of exchange requests and/or worth the cash if available at marriott.com, consider this one with realistic expectations. :)

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Good choice. What month are you going? We are going in October.
Stayed in a 3BR there last October. Was a great trip. If you like being walking distance to a grocery store, good restaurants, and the beach ... it is a great place.