• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 bedroom at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a 3-bedroom unit at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos. We have been banking points for many years and finally have enough to take our son and his family with us during the kids' spring break in 2021.

We have owned VDP for several years but usually stay in a 1 bedroom. We were there just a few weeks ago, but I did not check out the location of the larger units.

I assume that all of the 3-bedroom units face the ocean, but the only floor plan I could find shows the layout within the unit but it does not show location of these units within each building. Are they all ocean front in buildings 1 and 3 or are any set back in building 2? Are any oriented toward the pool rather than the ocean?

We have enjoyed VDP Flamingos several times, and we are really looking forward to sharing it with our grandchildren who will be 8 and 10 when we go next year.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We had a two bed penthouse at flamingos. I think the three bedroom unit includes the studio lock off. We were building 1 ocean front.

Today we are in a flamingos two bed unit . if I remember I will ask.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it seems that the two bed ocean penthouse units at Flamingos are what we had which is two master suite bedroom bathroom set ups. The are more penthouse units at the end of building 3. There are I think 3 ocean front penthouse units in building 1. Both sides have issues. The noise from the restaurant and sales team would be building 1. We actually left building 1 for building 2 this week because of the noise. Building 3 issues are noise and smoke. The hot tub is in front of the building 3 penthouses. So is the designated smoking area.

I found out that the 3 bedroom penthouse is a 2 bedroom penthouse with a studio lock off . There are 2 of these units only in building 1.

Bill

Last edited:

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,

Thanks for checking. We will cross our fingers that we end up in a good unit. It is too bad we can't request a specific location until check-in. I'm sure the kids will be OK wherever we are. The kids will care only about the pool, the beach and the iguanas. :)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill,

Thanks for checking. We will cross our fingers that we end up in a good unit. It is too bad we can't request a specific location until check-in. I'm sure the kids will be OK wherever we are. The kids will care only about the pool, the beach and the iguanas. :)

You should be good. I like building 1 better because the smoking section and not tub is in front of building 3. I think you have nothing to worry about.

Bill