• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$3,800 on eBay for 1 br. platinum LV Strip -- Wow.

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to the fact that this eBay auction (item 350153892759) closed at nearly 2 a.m. this morning, I was outbid by $50. :zzz: I knew I should have bid more before I went to bed. But what are the chances that it will pass ROFR at $3,800?

PS - congrats to the winning bidder, and I hope it does pass ROFR. Good luck!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to the fact that this eBay auction (item 350153892759) closed at nearly 2 a.m. this morning, I was outbid by $50. :zzz: I knew I should have bid more before I went to bed. But what are the chances that it will pass ROFR at $3,800?

Can you give us a link?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see lots of people buying from ebay and from brokers, does anyone have statistics about how many sales went through successfully from TUG Marketplace. Just curious.

Thanks

ctyatty

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow 80 cents a point

I've thought that Hilton was overpriced at $1.00 to $1.25, when it gets down to 50 cents a point, I'm a buyer.

Bill4728

Reaction score

I see lots of people buying from ebay and from brokers, does anyone have statistics about how many sales went through successfully from TUG Marketplace. Just curious.

Thanks

There are only a few people how know if a TS that was sold has passed ROFR, one of them is a broker who posts here often. Seth Nock. He has said that HGVC is still using ROFR to pick up really cheap weeks.

I'd bet that this week doesn't pass ROFR, maybe if it was a gold week but no way is a platinum week worth 5000 pts going to pass ROFR at $3800.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to bid on that one but saw it was listed by redweeksforless, with American Timeshare Closings as the mandatory closing company. I backed off, based on opinions about them expressed in the buying selling forum.

mbsteward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never lose an eBay auction again!

Due to the fact that this eBay auction (item 350153892759) closed at nearly 2 a.m. this morning, I was outbid by $50. :zzz: I knew I should have bid more before I went to bed.

For future reference, look into an auction sniper that automatically will make a bid on your behalf in the last few seconds of the auction. There are several to choose from out there. A quick Google search of "ebay snipe" will land you a few options. I tried snipeswipe.com for the free trial and it worked great! I plan on never losing an auction again that I really want.

jamstew

TUG Member
Reaction score
For future reference, look into an auction sniper that automatically will make a bid on your behalf in the last few seconds of the auction. There are several to choose from out there. A quick Google search of "ebay snipe" will land you a few options. I tried snipeswipe.com for the free trial and it worked great! I plan on never losing an auction again that I really want.

I used to have one of those and was certainly wishing I sitll had it last night. The last 10 minutes of my auction nearly gave me a heart attack, but I was successful in getting week 52 at Eagle Point in Vail :cheer: It took me a good hour to stop shaking from the stress.

mbsteward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Auction sniper software certainly takes the fun out of the chase on eBay! I even get excited when I when Buy Now auctions sometimes. I know it's silly, but the eBay folks do a good job of making it feel like you are "winning" something rather than simply buying goods or services.

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my Bay club at Waikoloa for $4000 for 4800 anual points. It passed ROFR. Did this one pass?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I got my Bay club at Waikoloa for $4000 for 4800 anual points. It passed ROFR. Did this one pass?
HGVC affiliates are a completely different story than the true HGVC resorts.