• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2nd Booster shot

uop1497

Reaction score
I will have my second booster shot at Safeway this weekend. Does anyone here gets a booster shot with a new Pfizer updated vaccine. I would like to know, what side effect you encounter afterward, and how long it last .

When I have my 1st booster shot ( original Pfizer vaccine ), I was sick for 2 weeks. Just feeling very tired, body aches and very sleepy the whole time. I am concerned I may facing the same side effect like the first booster shot.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
We (wife and I) had our flu shots about 2 weeks ago. We get the high dose version due to our age. Noticeable soreness at injection site for 2 days.

Bivalent Pfizer Covid vaccine yesterday AM. So far, no side effects for either of us. Absolutely minimal arm soreness, if any.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kept notes on my reactions to each shot. 5 in total. I have had less reactions with each shot. Sore arm for 2 days each shot. Some fatigue, but almost none on #5. Easiest shot so far. Flu shot upcoming 3 weeks after #5

uop1497

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. I have done my flu shot two weeks ago. And tommorow is my day with 2nd booster shot. I just hope that my symptom afterward is very minimum. I will come back and update later.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
DH and I got the double whammy: flu and bivalent COVID shot at same time around 3 weeks ago. Had sore arms and stiffness and the next day or so. I also had one short 1-2 hr bout of some chills and fatigue. Not DH tho'. All in all luckily pretty minimal effects for us.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We got our Moderna Booster yesterday, some side effects but not as bad as others. DH had flu shot too.
I had flu shot last week. Now we are set to go traveling next month!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We also got the bivalent Covid-19 booster and the high-dose flu vaccine on the same day a couple of weeks ago. A little sore the next day but nothing more.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My 4th shot was a little worse than my 3rd. 1-3 my reaction started about 10-12 hrs after the shot. 4th shot my reaction started within 5 hours. I guess my body is recognizing and putting up a fight quicker. Which is fine. I then had about a 15 hour feeling crappy/sleepy vs the 10-12 for the other shots.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Interesting thread. My Dr. wants me to get my booster before our next timesharing trip later this month. Since I am still very busy at work with an upcoming deadline, I am trying to time the covid vaccination, my work deadline, and our upcoming trip. I usually have a nasty reaction to the covid shots - most likely because of being immunosuppressed. I will be cautiously optimistic for a lesser reaction, but I will probably wait until after the deadline to get the shot.

I had the flu shot on Wed. The only side effect was a sore arm for two days - plus a good size bruise - which is a first. I wasn't surprised because it hurt going in. I'm not sure that the person administering the shot had a lot of experience. She seemed very indecisive about where to injected it. Not a big deal though. If I can skip the flu I'll be pretty happy.

uop1497

Reaction score
This time, the side effect is not too bad. Besides mucle sore, feeling cold and some discomfort at the area of injection shot, I am not that tired . DH have fever for 2 days and body aches.
Today, I am back to normal.

Hopefully, the 2nd booster will protect us from Covid-19 before and during our international trip.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I got my second Moderna booster yesterday. My arm is a little sore but no other problems. They offered me a flu shot also, but I will probably get it when I visit my GP later this month. I do want to have both before our trip to Florida next month.

geekette

Reaction score
My 4th shot was a little worse than my 3rd. 1-3 my reaction started about 10-12 hrs after the shot. 4th shot my reaction started within 5 hours. I guess my body is recognizing and putting up a fight quicker. Which is fine. I then had about a 15 hour feeling crappy/sleepy vs the 10-12 for the other shots.
Yeah, this is what happened with me, too. It didn’t take long to start feeling crappy and within hours I simply had to crawl in bed and would have stayed in bed next day if I could have. I’m ok with side effects from vax, would not be ok having Long Covid. This brain don’t need more fogging.

but the previous shots were more of the ho hum, my arm hurts a little…

geekette

Reaction score
This time, the side effect is not too bad. Besides mucle sore, feeling cold and some discomfort at the area of injection shot, I am not that tired . DH have fever for 2 days and body aches.
Today, I am back to normal.

Hopefully, the 2nd booster will protect us from Covid-19 before and during our international trip.
I experienced what your DH did, but I am Moderna track.