• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2hr Pool time a day

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
So, we are in Palm Desert for a week. Avg temperature is 110. And I just discovered we can only be in the pool for 2hrs/day. My kids are going to lose their minds.

Is this a normal resort policy for CA TS or is it just Marriott?

We just came back from 4 days at HGVC. Only 2 pools w/ zero time limit.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
COVID-19 social distancing rules only.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
New normal probably, for social distancing. Time to bust out some games or puzzles when you have down time.

We've been in Palm Desert in the summer and sometimes the pools are too warm to be refreshing if this is any consolation. The hotel pools have chillers but the timeshares don't. Sorry about this for you. 2020 is just full of surprises, and so far very few of them are good surprises.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
San Diego has the same social distancing rules so I was just shocked that it was only for 2hrs.

My children are under 8 so they could care less about the temperature. We usually go to Arizona.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
New normal probably, for social distancing. Time to bust out some games or puzzles when you have down time.

We've been in Palm Desert in the summer and sometimes the pools are too warm to be refreshing if this is any consolation. The hotel pools have chillers but the timeshares don't. Sorry about this for you. 2020 is just full of surprises, and so far very few of them are good surprises.
I grew up outside Los Angeles. My parents had friends who lived in Palm Springs and we would go down and visit them from time to time. I remember them throwing ice into their pool to cool it down. The pool would get quite warm.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
San Diego has the same social distancing rules so I was just shocked that it was only for 2hrs.

My children are under 8 so they could care less about the temperature. We usually go to Arizona.
With our cool weather, it was probably self limiting. We still haven't put a toe into our pool this year!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Vacation saved w/ re-trading. We are now going to be at Shadow Ridge which does not have any pool limitations.
Now I know to ask about pool restrictions ASAP since that’s all my children want to do when it’s HOOOTTT

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation saved w/ re-trading. We are now going to be at Shadow Ridge which does not have any pool limitations.
Now I know to ask about pool restrictions ASAP since that’s all my children want to do when it’s HOOOTTT
Were you using eplus?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I had used my last EPlus to switch in. Sucks I had to pay a retrade fee but it’s better than no vacation.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport Coast did not have a time limit for the pool.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It’s not all MVC. I don’t know how they came up w/ the rule.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to save a vacay. We were to be in Venice now in the middle of a back-to-back cruise, suite class with the son and his wife. We're out close to $15,000 AND no vacation. Keep your whining in perspective. It can be worse.

Jim

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you were able to save a vacay. We were to be in Venice now in the middle of a back-to-back cruise, suite class with the son and his wife. We're out close to $15,000 AND no vacation. Keep your whining in perspective. It can be worse.

Jim
Yikes. Did you get a credit from the cruise line?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Both future cruise credits and airline future flights. But both of those expire in about a year, and what if there is still 'social distancing' then?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They are doing a similar process at Marriott's Oceana Palms because the beach is closed.

The problem is that at the resorts, they have removed a lot of the pool chairs for social distancing. That means if a lot of people come and park themselves in the morning for the whole day, then there will be many that won't have use of the pools. Think of it as rationing the use of the pool so everyone can enjoy it.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
So, we are in Palm Desert for a week. Avg temperature is 110. And I just discovered we can only be in the pool for 2hrs/day. My kids are going to lose their minds.

Is this a normal resort policy for CA TS or is it just Marriott?

We just came back from 4 days at HGVC. Only 2 pools w/ zero time limit.
Which resort was this?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Wow, can you retrade mid trip? Or did you do it on the first day? I had no idea retrade was possible once you began a stay. I’ll have to remember that

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Smugglers' Notch is doing a reservation system for the public pools. I think you can probably reserve more than one block a day, but they are trying to monitor numbers, and this seems to be a way to do it. Prevents some people from hanging out there all day, keeping others from using the pool because it's too crowded.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

@klpca, I own units at Desert Springs (Palm Desert) and I recall from an owner's meeting that they installed pool chillers a couple of years ago when Bill Gunderson was the newly installed GM. I happened to see them working on the pool equipment at the Palmeras pool following the owners' meeting.

Having said that, it doesn't address the 2 hr. pool time though....:rolleyes:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Is it still just two hours at Villas 2 for pool time?
7/12/2020, 948PM PDT:
Select Pools are open with limited seating capacity and reduced operating hours for enhanced cleaning protocols and social distancing requirements. Hot Tubs/Spas and Kiddie Pools remain closed at this time. Each day Owners and guests may book one, 2-hour seating at the pool of their choice per reservation (subject to availability).