• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

250 SPG points for opinions on SPGFlights.com

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read FlyerTalk from time to time but hadn't come across this yet. Thanks for posting it here. A few easy points scored.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We both did the survey - score a quick 500 SPs...

If you think Tuggers whine a lot - we are great compared to FTers.

Overall - I like that this program works without restrictions even though the ROI for SPs is not the best (e.g. compared to using in EU Hotels), but it is great not have to play the FF point game.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Did you have to clear the cookie for Robin to do the survey after you did it?
She did it from her own computer - independently

working backwards - it gives a good idea of what flights cost

I am still curious what KathD was asked to change - like nodge - I feel left out...

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rocky! I haven't made it over to FT for a while and an extra 250 SPG points always helps.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
How would two people with two accounts respond from the same computer/internet account ?

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
How would two people with two accounts respond from the same computer/internet account ?

I did my wife's on my computer by using a different browser the 2nd time (used Safari for mine & Firefox for hers).

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rocky!

Ya know, this survey is just like the surveys SVO management did shortly after it "enhanced"/"killed" the SVO elite program by eliminating the upgrade benefit and shortly after it silently switched from selling “mandatory” to “voluntary” villas at the same resorts.

Oh wait. Nevermind. SVO has never asked us what we thought of those things.

SVO management takes over $20 million a year in membership fees from us owners (in addition to SVO’s "management fees" associated with actually maintaining our properties, which are billed separately) to more-or-less serve as our reservations/booking agent, yet despite being promised this feature nearly 10 years ago by SVO’s top management, we still don’t have the ability to book or search for ANYTHING online.

In contrast, SPG membership includes not only the ability to book and search Starwood hotel and SVO timeshare’s (for rent via Starwood) online using SPG points, it now also includes the ability to search for and book third party air carrier availability online using SPG points.

All I can say is that if $20 million a year gets SVO owners squat online from Starwood, this SPG membership thing must cost an absolute fortune to join.

-nodge

Last edited: