• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

24 starts Sunday night

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
there used to be a website with spoilers and other information about the show. My link no longer works. does anyone know how to find it?

Blue Skies

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the links you are searching for, but am looking forward to a new season of 24! Kiefer Sutherland was on Leno last night and was very tight-lipped about the upcoming shows.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Looking forward to a great new season!!

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not having watched it on network TV when it came out, I've been catching up by watching 4 - 5 episodes at a time recorded from A&E. It took me a while to get through Day 1. Here's what I learned:

1. Never believe Jack Bauer if he ever tells you "I promise, it will be ok". I ran into Keifer last year in an elevator at the W Union Square. He didn't tell me everything would be ok, thank goodness. Though he did make a remark about the odd elevator music. I didn't even realize it was him at first since I did the usual elevator thing of trying not to make eye contact. I think he must be about 5'6".

2. Why did Palmer marry that woman? She didn't turn evil overnight.

3. CTU needs to do a little bit better background checks on their own people. Why would anybody want to work for CTU?

4. Don't worry, Senator Palmer .. you have a lucrative future in the insurance biz.

5. Watching the episodes all together like that made me wonder about Kim's karma. I can't believe the situations she kept getting into, one or after the other.

And mostly, this thing is your basic Saturday afternoon serial. I enjoyed it, but I'm sure glad I got to watch the first 24 episodes over a matter of a month or so, 4 or 5 at a time.

So, I'm watching Day 2 now, which for some reason didn't begin till 8AM for some odd reason. Poor Kim, already in the thick of it.

-David

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We LOVE 24 and cannot wait for the new season. After watching a full day throughout the season, we have enjoyed watching a "full day" over our own version of a marathon over a weekend. It is much more cohesive that way. It's too easy to miss or forget a fine point or small incident watching week to week. Real life just gets in the way sometimes.

Yvonne

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Entertainment Magazine has an entire pull-out section on 24. It has profiles on some of the new and old characters for this coming season. This should be a great season, as we find out more about Jack's background and history. Here's a link to the online version of the magazine, which doesn't have the same coverage as the print version.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20006893,00.html

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I love "24"! I hope Chloe will be featured as much as in prior seasons, but with Jack on that slow boat to China alone, it could be awhile before we get back to CTU and our other fave characters. P.S. RIP Edgar Stiles. I still miss ya!

Here's a fun site with Jack Bauerisms for 24-addicts in need of a good laugh:

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/index.php?topthirty

Blue Skies

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss Edgar too, he was such a great character. He and Chloe were an awesome team, too bad they killed him off.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Best show on TV =)

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I read the other day that Palmer's brother is now President? Seems like a strange choice...but I love the show.

Brian

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keifer Sutherland was on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning. What big earlobes he has! I never noticed before today and all those closeups on a talk show format. Hey, now I'm wondering about his shoe size! :p

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is decent preview of the season opening (though it gave away a bit too much info for me) in today's Wall Street Journal. DH has been soooo excited about the fact that the new season is about to start. I enjoy 24 but I don't love it the way DH loves it -- he even buys the novels based on 24 and all sorts of other 24 related books. :rolleyes:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok..so um....damn what a premier! =)

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
But no Golden Globe last night :(

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just love this show! I've been watching since the first episode when everyone thought the wacky format wouldn't catch on. Once again it hasn't failed me. Nearly the best 4 hours of TV I've ever watched.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we enjoyed the first 4 hours. But it continues to bug me that Jack doesn't look as gaunt as he ought to look after spending nearly two years in a Chinese prison being tortured. He should not have been fed every day (as punishment) and when fed, presumably he was given bread and water or plain Chinese porridge (watered down rice). Yet Jack looks physically fit with just some scars on his hands and back. I thought actors/actresses routinely lose/gain weight now to make their characters look more believeable?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
There are a number of things bothering me with this year's effort, such as another year with a President who has trouble making decisions or knowing how he even got elected. In addition, considering the program takes place over only 24 hours Jack has made a less than believeable recovery in only 4 hours so far. Details, details ... but I still can't wait until next Monday.

Brian

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
well true. we too are finding lots of things that really wouldn't be the case in real life ... but :shrug: it's TV for entertainment not surgery. :)

all the little things, just give us more to discuss after the show at home.