• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2024 Weekly Ownership Interests StarOptions

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
The salesperson I dealt with last week in Maui was very definite. He didn't even talk about Vistana Elite status, it was all about moving up on the MVC Elite Status https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/common/cms/mvc/pdfs/myvc/orl-benefits.pdf He was pitching buying another EOY unit at WKORV to get me up to the Prresidential Level. The two types of units he pitched was an EOY 1 bedroom OV for $22K, and an EOY 2 bedroom IV for $33K. He also said that the integration was pushed off for two more quarters because of COVID. Although he did not have specific information on the relative values in MVC, he thought that the Westin properties would carry a bit of premium in terms of points. I'm really curious if anyone knows anything more definite.
They gave me a lot of the same story, they are basically assuming that if you are at the highest elite level in the Vistana program, you'll be grandfathered into the highest elite level in the MVC program; if you're at the middle level in the Vistana elite program, you'll be grandfathered into the middle level in MVC, etc. But I think that's pure speculation (though it may end up being true.)

But I spent time looking at the two programs, and I think Vistana owners are likely only to gain some benefits from any merger (note I'm only talking about program benefits, not benefits related to how you can use your ownership.) Even the lowest level of MVC ownership ("Owner") gets you Platinum Bonvoy status, which Vistana doesn't give you unless you reach 5* elite. Upper levels of MVC give you Titanium Bonvoy status, which isn't achievable with Vistana's current program.

I do not think the available information, and some reasonable speculation based on what we do know, points to the need to make any new purchases now just to get a leg up if the programs merge.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
They gave me a lot of the same story, they are basically assuming that if you are at the highest elite level in the Vistana program, you'll be grandfathered into the highest elite level in the MVC program; if you're at the middle level in the Vistana elite program, you'll be grandfathered into the middle level in MVC, etc. But I think that's pure speculation (though it may end up being true.)

But I spent time looking at the two programs, and I think Vistana owners are likely only to gain some benefits from any merger (note I'm only talking about program benefits, not benefits related to how you can use your ownership.) Even the lowest level of MVC ownership ("Owner") gets you Platinum Bonvoy status, which Vistana doesn't give you unless you reach 5* elite. Upper levels of MVC give you Titanium Bonvoy status, which isn't achievable with Vistana's current program.

I do not think the available information, and some reasonable speculation based on what we do know, points to the need to make any new purchases now just to get a leg up if the programs merge.
Owner is the lowest level in MVC which comes with Bonvoy-GOLD status.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Owner is the lowest level in MVC which comes with Bonvoy-GOLD status.
Whoops, you are right, I apologize, I misremembered. But every level above that gets Platinum or Titanium, whereas with Vistana, nobody gets Titanium and only 5* gets Platinum.

sharktzu

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing that concerned me is the MVC Destinations program which they also discussed. They were pitching it was a way to enhance the number of different ways that you can utilize your ownership, but from my understanding isn't Destinations a glorified flex/points program? My wonder is if this will be handled on year to year basis or whether there will be a one-time decision to place your ownerships into Destinations? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
One thing that concerned me is the MVC Destinations program which they also discussed. They were pitching it was a way to enhance the number of different ways that you can utilize your ownership, but from my understanding isn't Destinations a glorified flex/points program? My wonder is if this will be handled on year to year basis or whether there will be a one-time decision to place your ownerships into Destinations? Does anyone have any insight into this?
Since its inception in 2010 Marriott has offered owners who enrolled, the option to continue to use their Deeded-Weeks as usual [including deposit with Interval]. Each year enrolled owners have a choice on how they use their enrolled weeks [Convert-To-Points, Exchange-As-Week, Deposit-With-II, Convert-To-Bonvoy, Explorer, Cruises, Packages, Villas, more...].

The program has been quite flexible with no restrictions introduced in over a decade, so I hope Marriott will continue that trend.

On the contrary Marriott has continued to add more options [Pulse-Properties, Villas-Of-Distinction, Additional-Resorts, Vistana-Resorts via Interval] while maintaining Club-Dues at almost the same in over a decade. We pay $0 in Interval-fees [includes II-Membership, M-M Exchanges, Vistana-Exchanges].
When we enrolled in 2010 Club-Dues for a single week was $165, raised to $215 in 2012 and is still $215 in 2021 for Owner & Select [up to 7000-Points]. The highest we pay is $280 for Chairmans [15000+Points] which includes Lock-Off, Banking, Borrowing and more.

Last edited:

sharktzu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, this sounds intriguing, but I'm a bit unclear on what you meant about club fees. Are those fee's to participate in Destinations? Also, is participation a one-time election or done on a year-to year basis? Thank you for the information! This is all new to me coming only from the Starwood/Vistana side.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
d owners who enrolled, the option to continue to use their Deeded-Weeks as usual [including deposit with Interval]. Each year enrolled owners have a choice on how they use their enrolled weeks [Conv
Hmm, this sounds intriguing, but I'm a bit unclear on what you meant about club fees. Are those fee's to participate in Destinations? Also, is participation a one-time election or done on a year-to year basis? Thank you for the information! This is all new to me coming only from the Starwood/Vistana side.
Marriott Annual Club-Dues are Marriott Destinations program fees [similar to Vistana-Club-Dues currently $205] that cover all services [Exchange, Lock-Off, Deposit, Borrow, Bank, Cancel]. They also cover Interval-Membership-Fees. The Marriott Interval-Membership includes FREE or $0 UNLIMITED Marriott-Marriott exchanges, Unlimited M-M Changes [Cancel/Re-Exchange] which means you do not need to purchase E-Plus if you can stay within the Marriott [including Westin + Sheraton] resorts.

Once enrolled in the Destinations program you are enrolled forever as long as you own the enrolled weeks and/or points. Enrolled owners have to pay the Annual Club-Dues.
Each year you can choose how you use your enrolled weeks as described above.

Last edited:

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
Since its inception in 2010 Marriott has offered owners who enrolled, the option to continue to use their Deeded-Weeks as usual [including deposit with Interval]. Each year enrolled owners have a choice on how they use their enrolled weeks [Convert-To-Points, Exchange-As-Week, Deposit-With-II, Convert-To-Bonvoy, Explorer, Cruises, Packages, Villas, more...].

The program has been quite flexible with no restrictions introduced in over a decade, so I hope Marriott will continue that trend.

On the contrary Marriott has continued to add more options [Pulse-Properties, Villas-Of-Distinction, Additional-Resorts, Vistana-Resorts via Interval] while maintaining Club-Dues at almost the same in over a decade. We pay $0 in Interval-fees [includes II-Membership, M-M Exchanges, Vistana-Exchanges].
When we enrolled in 2010 Club-Dues for a single week was $165, raised to $215 in 2012 and is still $215 in 2021 for Owner & Select [up to 7000-Points]. The highest we pay is $280 for Chairmans [15000+Points] which includes Lock-Off, Banking, Borrowing and more.
Are resale units eligible for this?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Are resale units eligible for this?
Resale weeks purchased prior to June-2010 are eligible by enrolling them for s small fee.
Resale weeks purchased post June-2010, can be eligible if the resale weeks are enrolled. However, this comes at a steep price.