• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 to Present: Vistana On-Line Reservation Experiences (Good/Bad)

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I was able to book 2 bedroom Lock-off @ SDO at 12:20AM. It took 20 minutes of retries and refreshes before it would go through. I've worked in IT for over 25 years and this issue would have definitely been considered a RGE (Resume Generating Event) in many places. I guess Marriot sees no reason to improve since they have a product that is in demand and they are not loosing customers using their existing infrastructure.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was able to book 2 bedroom Lock-off @ SDO at 12:20AM. It took 20 minutes of retries and refreshes before it would go through. I've worked in IT for over 25 years and this issue would have definitely been considered a RGE (Resume Generating Event) in many places. I guess Marriot sees no reason to improve since they have a product that is in demand and they are not loosing customers using their existing infrastructure.
It’s pathetic…. Marriott is pathetic

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It’s pathetic…. Marriott is pathetic
I agree. I was trying to get online for 30 minutes to book for next year, but we did book Hono Koa early this morning for 2/17/2024, so I guess we do HK for three weeks, and then maybe rent our Westin for next year. I don't see us going to Maui for six weeks in 2024.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

This is a likely result of lowest bidder syndrome… among other endemic IT management issues at Marriott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I have been trying for a couple days now to grab a president's day week reservation and I keep getting the timeout message and then when it eventually goes through, it says that there is no availability.
I’ve had your exact same experience 2 nights in a row now and am beyond frustrated. I log in a few minutes early, do a couple searches, then the next date becomes enables, so I do that search at exactly 9pm Pacific. Did you ever get your week?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was able to book WKORV OV and OFD villas last night despite the usual timeouts, error messages, Confirm Guest page delays, and starting over numerous times. There was still availability in both categories at least 30 minutes later, so it seems that demand for that resort was not high, but the system was slow anyway. Maybe everyone was booking ski weeks or Cancun or somewhere else. I didn't get the final confirmation page for the OV reservation, but received an email confirmation as I was continuing to try to book it. The system told me I didn't have a week to book, which is when I looked at my emails.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I guess I'm fortunate. I've never had any real problems. I've only ever booked St John and the Colorado resorts.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I guess I'm fortunate. I've never had any real problems. I've only ever booked St John and the Colorado resorts.

Thanks.
This thread is intended for both good and bad experiences. Often we only hear about the bad ones.
So glad to hear that you are having no issues with online booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yannick007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
We purchased WKORV OFC last year. This is our very first booking attempt, so we carefully reviewed all the tips in the forum -- and this thread -- and were ready to go at exactly 9pm Pacific on Friday to book for Saturday check-in next year. We anticipate using only the 1BD side but searched for that and studio. Both were available, so we chose the 1BD. We experienced the same grayed-out "Confirm Guest" box as others, but refreshed and were able to click the button to proceed fairly quickly so we thought luck was on our side. But then we got an "Uh oh, we're experiencing technical problems" pop-up. Closing that took us all the way back to the "Find Your Vacation" page. By the time we entered the search parameters again, it was 9:03 and this time we got "0 RESULT(S) ACROSS 0 RESORT(S)." Tried again last night (Saturday, for Sunday check-in), also at exactly 9pm, but immediately got "0 RESULT(S) ACROSS 0 RESORT(S)." Bummer. Guess we'll try again next weekend. On the positive side, our first stay there is in two weeks, so we're pretty excited. In the meantime, if there are additional tips and tricks we newbies could benefit from to navigate the booking process, we're all ears.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We purchased WKORV OFC last year. This is our very first booking attempt, so we carefully reviewed all the tips in the forum -- and this thread -- and were ready to go at exactly 9pm Pacific on Saturday to book for next year. We anticipate using only the 1BD side but searched for that and studio. Both were available, so we chose the 1BD. We experienced the same grayed-out "Confirm Guest" box as others, but refreshed and were able to click the button to proceed fairly quickly so we thought luck was on our side. But then we got an "Uh oh, we're experiencing technical problems" pop-up. Closing that took us all the way back to the "Find Your Vacation" page. By the time we entered the search parameters again, it was 9:03 and this time we got "0 RESULT(S) ACROSS 0 RESORT(S)." Tried again last night (Sunday), also at exactly 9pm, but immediately got "0 RESULT(S) ACROSS 0 RESORT(S)." Bummer. Guess we'll try again next weekend. On the positive side, our first stay there is in two weeks, so we're pretty excited. In the meantime, if there are additional tips and tricks we newbies could benefit from to navigate the booking process, we're all ears.
If you are trying for an OFC checkin day for 2024 (likely only Saturdays), then you needed to be booking on Thursday night at 9:00 PM Pacific. Your post mentions that you were trying on Saturday? To book this week for March 2, you will need to be online on Wednesday night, March 1. Were you online on Thursday nights in February, or Saturday nights?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you were online on the right day and time, then my next advice to you is to keep trying even after it returns zero results. Try for longer than 10-15 minutes. Try for an hour or longer. Our timestamp for this year's OFD week is 10:35 PM Pacific after continually trying for over 90 minutes last year at 12 months out.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I haven’t had any issues booking via phone app or computer however, I am not receiving my email confirmations again especially from Marriotts system.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Our timestamp for this year's OFD week is 10:35 PM Pacific after continually trying for over 90 minutes last year at 12 months out.
@Denise L Is there a place you can go after the fact to confirm your timestamp? We did not get our requested high floor this trip, and I'm pretty sure we were only 10 minutes past the time. Makes me wonder if you try for prime season, and it takes another 90 minutes to get through system errors and timeouts, all of those people who did not have errors will be ahead of you.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Denise L Is there a place you can go after the fact to confirm your timestamp? We did not get our requested high floor this trip, and I'm pretty sure we were only 10 minutes past the time. Makes me wonder if you try for prime season, and it takes another 90 minutes to get through system errors and timeouts, all of those people who did not have errors will be ahead of you.
I take a photo of the screen once the confirmation page appears. That is pretty much what I use for the timestamp.

yannick007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
If you are trying for an OFC checkin day for 2024 (likely only Saturdays), then you needed to be booking on Thursday night at 9:00 PM Pacific. Your post mentions that you were trying on Saturday? To book this week for March 2, you will need to be online on Wednesday night, March 1. Were you online on Thursday nights in February, or Saturday nights?
Sorry, I meant we were online at 9pm Friday trying for a Saturday, 2/24/24 check-in (and again Saturday for a Sunday, 2/25/24 check-in). I've edited my post to correct that. Thanks.

yannick007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
If you were online on the right day and time, then my next advice to you is to keep trying even after it returns zero results. Try for longer than 10-15 minutes. Try for an hour or longer. Our timestamp for this year's OFD week is 10:35 PM Pacific after continually trying for over 90 minutes last year at 12 months out.
Wow, that seems so counter-intuitive it never would have occurred to me. Thanks for the tip -- we'll definitely try that next weekend.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, I meant we were online at 9pm Friday trying for a Saturday, 2/24/24 check-in (and again Saturday for a Sunday, 2/25/24 check-in). I've edited my post to correct that. Thanks.
If you were online at 9:00 PM on Friday, this past Friday was 2/24/2023, and if you wanted to try and book for 2/24/2024, you would have needed to be online at 9:00 PM on Thursday 2/23/2023 (midnight Eastern time on Friday 2/24/2023).

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I was trying to reserve a home resort unit last night at 9pm PT and the system kept spinning and then timed out. It happened several times and then finally went through. I am glad we were successful but it sure added extra stress to the process.

Best regards.

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
HomeResort reservation of 1Bd P+ (81K SO) WKV for Sat-Sat , March 9 2024

That was semi-rough, but better than one year ago when I got shut out for 2nd week in March (Sat-Sat) for 1st time in 10+ years. When this reservation was a lot easier.

I converted our other week to Club Points for some MVC stays.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
HomeResort reservation of 1Bd P+ (81K SO) WKV for Sat-Sat , March 9 2024

That was semi-rough, but better than one year ago when I got shut out for 2nd week in March (Sat-Sat) for 1st time in 10+ years. When this reservation was a lot easier.

I converted our other week to Club Points for some MVC stays.

I had difficulty with WKV last night as well, but I eventually do through, it took about 25 minutes. It was never like that that before, as you say DavidnRobin, in the past 10 years of making these reservations.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I had difficulty with WKV last night as well, but I eventually do through, it took about 25 minutes. It was never like that that before, as you say DavidnRobin, in the past 10 years of making these reservations.

Glad that both you and David got your WKV ressies. Any pearls of wisdom? Did you use multiple devices? Where in the process did things break down?

I have 2 WKV and 2 SDO units to book for hopefully the same check in date later this month. Hopefully your success indicates that it's just that the system is glitch and not that anything nefarious is going on with inventory.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I had the same issue last night for WKV. After about 22 minutes of time outs it finally came up. Once it showed availability the process was smooth. Just keep hitting refresh until it comes up. Frustrating but at least it finally worked.

Best regards.

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Glad that both you and David got your WKV ressies. Any pearls of wisdom? Did you use multiple devices? Where in the process did things break down?

I have 2 WKV and 2 SDO units to book for hopefully the same check in date later this month. Hopefully your success indicates that it's just that the system is glitch and not that anything nefarious is going on with inventory.

Hi Glorian - nothing really, just kept on refreshing after getting timed out on search (1st page). I’m am just using one device (MacPro with Safari).

Prior to last year, I used to be able to reserve both weeks for same week (Sat-Sat, 2nd week in March) without issue.

I assume that their system can’t manage an onslaught of reservation requests at popular times, and therefore get timed out.

Just keep at it - they don’t use timestamps for Kierland, so doesn’t impact villa location.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Booked our one bedroom premium at 12:03 Eastern Time (email came to me at 12:03) for 3/8/2024, Westin Ka'anapali Center OF. I was online about ten minutes before, chose 3/7/2024 right away and chose the flexible date option. As soon as that one bedroom premium appeared, I grabbed it.

I couldn't get the studio. The system kept timing out. I needed the two to be separate for renting the studio next year.

Now if only I could get my Marriott reservations without calling.