• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 to Present: Vistana On-Line Reservation Experiences (Good/Bad)

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was successful tonight booking Sunday check in for my WKORV OFC unit. The 'checking eligibility' step completed much faster, maybe because fewer people trying to get Sunday. Only problem I had was with the 'Confirm Guest' button, had to refresh the page three times before the button would turn blue. On the third try it came back with my Bonvoy account number & let me keep going. After that, everything was fine.

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked our home week WKORV OV Thursday night for Sat Feb 3 2024 and had the same issue with having to refresh. Finally got the confirmation button to work after 15 minutes. I am assuming others had the same issue so maybe my time stamp won’t be too bad - if that is even a thing anymore. So many rumors about how they will assign units floating around. We are on Maui now staying in Kula a few days. Rented OF unit at south from Denise for this year because the system was so squirrelly last year! Will find out Sunday what kind of view we have with that. Hopefully not the dreaded 1st floor but whatever it is - it is still Maui!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I was able to reserve a couple of SDO units through the app yesterday. I was in total shock because I normally can not utilize my Iphone for reserving.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I booked our home week WKORV OV Thursday night for Sat Feb 3 2024 and had the same issue with having to refresh. Finally got the confirmation button to work after 15 minutes. I am assuming others had the same issue so maybe my time stamp won’t be too bad - if that is even a thing anymore. So many rumors about how they will assign units floating around. We are on Maui now staying in Kula a few days. Rented OF unit at south from Denise for this year because the system was so squirrelly last year! Will find out Sunday what kind of view we have with that. Hopefully not the dreaded 1st floor but whatever it is - it is still Maui!
I had the exact thing happen last night for WKORV-N OV to arrive the Feb 9-2024. It took about 15 minutes as well. Very frustrating, I tried IPad as well and it was the same. Could not get the darn button to light up. Agreed, still Maui.

TARIE7291

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC OKW, Westin Lagunamar
Well it just took me 25 minutes to book 12 months out at WKORV. I kept getting kicked out, couldn’t click on blue buttons. I’ve never encountered this in my years owning. I can only imagine my OV will not be an OV I’ll guess we will see next year.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked 2BR OV WKORV, 1BR OV WKORV and Studio OV WKORV, along with a 2BR IV WKORV-N last night, for 2/10/2024 arrival. Initially, I'd get to the blue button right before the actual reservation, but the button was grayed out. It took 20-25 minutes before everything started working. After that, the reservations were easy and quick. It seems after an initial overload, the system works. On 2/6 I was also able to book a 2/3 reservation at WKORV-N. Availability was good three days after the initial opening of the reservation window.

jsonline

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana / MVC: WKV + SDO
HGVC: Elara
I'll chime in with my experience on a Home Week reservation from 2022 as well as on a StarOptions reservation from 2023. All reservations were made right around midnight, which like @DavidnRobin I always try to do for the best booking.

** March 2022 >> Home Resort Reservation >> Booked 7 nights in a WKV 2-BR unit starting Saturday 3/11/2023. This is prime Spring Training during Platinum season. I didn't have any technical issues and there was good availability. Rented the unit for 2.3x Maintenance Fees.

** January 2023 >> StarOptions Reservation >> Booked 13 nights in a WKORV-S OFD unit starting Saturday 8/19/2023. This is the tail end of summer season going into Labor Day Weekend. There were two OFD units and one OFC unit in WKORV-South, and numerous OF units in WKORV-North available at booking. I did not have any technical issues. Going for fun on this trip!

** StarOptions Maui Test Bookings: I did a few test bookings the next day for the same date + time period, and the South OFD unit was still available, as were numerous North OF units. What's more, I kept doing test bookings throughout the week, and found continued 2-week availability for North OF units starting in Week 2 of August. This basically means end-of-season availability was strong when generally booking 8 months out. I looked at availability in peak season too (mid-July) and, as expected, there was no OF but I did find 7nights in a North Island View unit available in late July.

** BOTTOM LINE: If Abound is bleeding availability in prime Vistana properties & seasons, I haven't seen it. Fingers crossed things stay that way because I've gotten a ton of benefit from the WKV to WKORV trade over the years, and more recently in renting WKV during Spring Training.

jsonline

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana / MVC: WKV + SDO
HGVC: Elara
I'll chime in with my experience on a Home Week reservation from 2022 as well as on a StarOptions reservation from 2023. All reservations were made right around midnight, which like @DavidnRobin I always try to do for the best booking.

** March 2022 >> Home Resort Reservation >> Booked 7 nights in a WKV 2-BR unit starting Saturday 3/11/2023. This is prime Spring Training during Platinum season. I didn't have any technical issues and there was good availability. Rented the unit for 2.3x Maintenance Fees.

** January 2023 >> StarOptions Reservation >> Booked 13 nights in a WKORV-S OFD unit starting Saturday 8/19/2023. This is the tail end of summer season going into Labor Day Weekend. There were two OFD units and one OFC unit in WKORV-South, and numerous OF units in WKORV-North available at booking. I did not have any technical issues. Going for fun on this trip!

** StarOptions Maui Test Bookings: I did a few test bookings the next day for the same date + time period, and the South OFD unit was still available, as were numerous North OF units. What's more, I kept doing test bookings throughout the week, and found continued 2-week availability for North OF units starting in Week 2 of August. This basically means end-of-season availability was strong when generally booking 8 months out. I looked at availability in peak season too (mid-July) and, as expected, there was no OF but I did find 7nights in a North Island View unit available in late July.

** BOTTOM LINE: If Abound is bleeding availability in prime Vistana properties & seasons, I haven't seen it. Fingers crossed things stay that way because I've gotten a ton of benefit from the WKV to WKORV trade over the years, and more recently in renting WKV during Spring Training.
P.S. Just realized that I forgot to mention that all the StarOptions bookings (real and test) were for 1BR units. Thought everybody would want to know that.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Well, I did have an issue today when I was booking. I had to close the page and was able to book on the 2nd try.

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Does anyone think there is a difference in when you log into your Vistana account? In the past I heard not to log into your account until the 5 minutes before midnight EST if that really was an issue? Also, once you click on "make a reservation" from the dashboard do you feel you can enter all your information except the date and then do you wait til it hits midnight EST to click thru the months and see if when you get to the correct month your release date is available to click on to book? Or do you have all entered and then advance to just before the month you need and then advance to the correct month from there once it hits midnight? Just looking for anything that might save any seconds on booking. Thanks.

zdarskyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was able to book an 8 month out star options exchange tonight for October 14 At St John. Timed out once and got a 11:03 time stamp. Last week reserved a home resort reservation at WKORVN for February 10 after 6 time outs. Got a 11:07 time stamp. So overall not as good as it used to be reasonable

eunsill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying for a couple days now to grab a president's day week reservation and I keep getting the timeout message and then when it eventually goes through, it says that there is no availability. Based on what another owner said above I'm going to keep trying to search for a bit longer tonight (yesterday I quit after 30 minutes). But this is honestly such an annoying experience. I didn't used to have so many issues booking my home resort even for holiday weeks.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I had success in reserving our WKORV OFD studio - as I reserve this week almost every year.

I got through to 'Confirm Guest' relatively easy after logging on at exactly at 9pm PST - took about 2-3 minutes. But then had grayed out blue confirm guest button for 8 minutes while countdown clock counted down from 10 minutes. Then it went blue - took another minute to confirm reservation - then success!

Received confirmation at 9:12pm PST

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Another reservation rant thread...

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana KOR South and North. Vistana Nanea.
Another reservation rant thread...

eunsill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess persistence really does win out in the end. After 20 minutes of trying I finally got a result to pop up, but after getting all the way to the confirmation screen, it died on me and then kicked me out back to the reservation search window. After being annoyed for another 5 minutes of timeout errors - another finally popped up and this time it went through to the end with only a couple glitches along the way. I am finally booked! hallelujah.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Same results for me this evening. Failures at each step multiple times only to end up with no availability. Marriot knows the issues with their platform and refuses to address them. Why? Other than perhaps this is all intentional, all part of their business model - create dissatisfaction and convince owners that buying whatever we are currently selling will solve their problem.

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
I guess persistence really does win out in the end. After 20 minutes of trying I finally got a result to pop up, but after getting all the way to the confirmation screen, it died on me and then kicked me out back to the reservation search window. After being annoyed for another 5 minutes of timeout errors - another finally popped up and this time it went through to the end with only a couple glitches along the way. I am finally booked! hallelujah.
I had the same situation where I was all the way to the very last screen and got thrown back to starting over from scratch. I thought for sure all the oceanview 2 bedrooms would be gone at WKORV but I got one! So happy my sister and her significant other will be able to now join us for their first hawaiian experience!! Amazing at 11:45 central there is still all 3 unit types available in oceanview!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m 38 minutes in. Found availability. Waited for confirm guest button to enable, at 2:00 minutes remaining on the ten minute clock I refreshed the page, the button went hot, clicked it and success. It’s now 9:46 pm. Unbelievable.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I had 2 br OF Maui WKORVN at 9pm, but couldn't click confirm reservation. After trying for 40 minutes, I scored Studio. This is ridiculus. I will try again tomorrow for 1 bedroom.

j59kim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was attempting to get a 2-bedroom OF at WKORVN…got a studio to show up and booked it at 9:35 then was able to book a 1-bedroom at 9:50.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just booked 1 bedroom at 10:05pm after booked studio at 9:39pm. It was a nightmare refreshing like 500 times in the last hour. At least I got what I want. Thanks everyone!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I tried to reserve our WKORV OV villa tonight and was able to get all the way to the last page at 3 minutes in and then after clicking the final confirmation button, the spinning ended in being kicked out to the beginning of the reservation page where we have to enter in the date, number of nights, etc. Had to start all over. Then lots and lots of retries, timeouts, special popups I haven't seen before that are red writing on white background and pop up at the top of the page and not the bottom. Finally worked with a timestamp of 9:15:26.