• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 HGVC Black Friday deals coming 11/21

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Talent312

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If only they sold TV's or power tools.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane, Borgo alle Vigne x2
I can't turn my points into any of those??? :D

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
It appears that the Promo is live today. I re-booked some January Sea World reservations I had and saved a bunch of points. Part of my stay must overlap the end date, as I saved about 20% and dates earlier in January are 40% off.

Might want to look at any existing reservation. I just simply did a Change Reservation and did not have to Cancel/Rebook.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
No announcement in my account and no love for my reservations. Perhaps not fully executed yet? I cannot find a master list.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The master list normally comes out a little early. Maybe we'll see it later today or sometime tomorrow.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is how it has worked for us in the past.

No love here for Feb Lagoon and March W57th trips.

Cheers.
Same for me.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
1700524646103.png

Black Friday Sale Terms & Conditions:​

Last Updated: November 20, 2023

This program is subject to availability and can be suspended at any time. The Discounted Stay offers highlighted here are valid for Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members only during the offer periods stated, subject to availability. HGVClub Members must use Hilton Grand Vacations ClubPoints, Saved Points or Bonus Points to book and confirm their reservation. Open Season rates are not eligible for this Discounted Stay offer. Standard Hilton Grand Vacations Club rules and regulations apply to all reservations.

The 30-45% off HGV ClubPoints required to make a reservation is only valid for new reservations booked from the time of receiving this offer through November 28th, 2023.

The discount percentages vary by date and destination; the discounts by resort are as follows:

During the offer periods stated, HGV ClubPoints required to book eligible unit types will be equivalent to or less than the value of the eligible unit types as referenced in the HGV ClubPoints and Open Season Rental Rates Club Reference guide.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Quin is 40% off 1/6-2/26. This includes the penthouse units.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Full listing isn't posted yet but I see a few resorts are bookable. Most through March 15.
  • Oahu
    • Grand Islander...
Yay! And thank you so much! I just saved 30% on my February Grand Islander reservation (though at 30% off that Premier Luxury Ocean View was awfully tempting...;-)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our KL was already booked saving some points (15.3%). It's this coming week, so couldn't change anyway. Nothing else on the list applies to us.

Cheers.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I was able to re-book some Sea World reservations last night and only got 20% off. Re-booked again tonight and got the 40% off.

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunately nothing on the list that I’m going to, or traveling to during those dates.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Wish I didn't already have plans for the week of January 6th - my favorite unit at The Quin just popped up for only 13,900 points....

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems most if not all of these dates are during HGV off season or at least when most people don't go.

Perfect way to unload inventory - I'd wish that HGV would had included some dates during summer time as well.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yup, they're trying to give folks an incentive to use their points to fill those empty rooms. ;)
It's a great idea to get folks to make or move a reservation. Helps to free up higher demand resorts and/or higher demand travel periods.

There's no reason to offer an incentive at resorts that are usually booked during this time period or during higher demand travel times unless the resort has lots of availability (mostly likely due to higher point requirements or a less desirable location/amenities or a new resort offering with active sales). I'm assuming this will also assist in freeing up availability for HGVMax bookings. ;)

They have used similar promotions at other times of the year (which included summer dates).
Here are the discounts we saw throughout this year to direct usage.
TIP: You'll need to look through the entire threads to see all available dates and resorts.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They seem to use the discounts frequently for some of the DRI/HVC resorts. Cabo Azul has a points chart that is Platinum year round and only gets less expensive to book when they have the discounts. Not sure if that's how Diamond always managed the availability there, but it does have the advantage of giving them dynamic control of the cost to book so they can respond to changes in demand.

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the DRI properties seem to have perpetual promotional discounts running on them. Why is this? Seems like superfluous inventory that will be shuttered at some point.

I take advantage of the 40% Vegas discount. January-March is one of our favorite times to go.