• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 Club Wyndham Annual Owners Meeting on Wednesday, June 7

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
2023 Club Wyndham Annual Owners Meeting on Wednesday, June 7
Held at Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Wonder why not at CW Bonnet Creek?
Perhaps more of a "business / logistics" decision

Connect With Your Club At The Annual Owners Meeting
It’s time to save the date so you can join your fellow owners and club leaders at the 2023 Club Wyndham Annual Owners Meeting on Wednesday, June 7. You can participate in this year’s event virtually via laptop, tablet, or smartphone, or in person (limited capacity) in sunny Orlando, Florida at the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. This fun and informative event will offer owners the following:
  • Important club updates
  • Instructive owner education sessions
  • Interactive Q&A with club leadership
Registration for this exciting event will open soon. Keep an eye on your inbox for more information on when and how to register to attend, plus additional event details like the check-in process, agenda, and parking information.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Maybe they have Hilton points to use? :D

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Is anyone here going?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Not going this time.

I wonder if they'll have the vendor tables back? When I went to the meetings at this location back in 2014-2016 they served a very nice meal, wines and deserts.

The resorts don't have the facilities to hold the meetings.

2017 was at a downtown Orlando location.

2018 was in Las Vegas at Caesar's.

2019 was in Austin. Team TUG won the Wyndham trivia game! I posted a picture of us here on TUG. https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/get-together-in-austin.297150/post-2354744

2020 was supposed to be at Clearwater, the Grand Hotel side, but was cancelled due to Covid.

2021 online only
2022 online only?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
2022 online only?
2022 had an in-person component. I only remember because when they drew names for prizes they had separate drawings for the in-person participants and for the online participants.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Key Learnings:
No mention of new resorts or relationship with Margaritaville. I wonder about status of CW / MV relationship. I feel that relationship has been weakening overtime.

New Club Pass upgrade looks nice. Demonstrated it would look just like booking a regular CW booking. Cheaper online fee of $49 vs high via operator.

Acknowledged the need to better monitor and display guest reservations and more importantly the 2 "owner priority" reservations. Mentioned that this should be next in IT queue after Club Pass upgrades (I like the perspective of getting Club Pass right, then go to next issue. Trying to not juggle to many things at once).

Financials: Mentioned balance sheet is strong BUT inflation is coming. Specifically mentioned Bonnet Creek and Las Vegas Grand Desert are being impacted by inflation. Highlighting many fixed cost expenses like property tax, insurance, and utilities. Hoping for the best

Vacation Perspective: Liked the things they highlighted like food trucks and seeking better ways to share resort / area best practices and tips. Highlighted Sedona Team on how they partnered with local restaurants to coordinate local cuisine in unique settings. (Like how CW is seeking ways to enhance owner experiences)

Will NOT be bringing back one night stays in near future. Mentioned "Permanently eliminated one night stays". Cited expense as the reason.

Extra Holidays now accepts up to 7 days prior to date of reservation:
"Reservations placed in the owner rental program must meet four basic requirements. (1) The reservation must be reserved with points. (2) The reservation must be at a participating Club Wyndham resort, which can be found in the Extra Holidays Owner Rental Listings Participating Resorts List. (3) The length of stay must be a maximum of seven nights and a minimum of two nights. (4) The listing agreement must be received and accepted by Extra Holidays at least 7 days prior to the arrival date on the reservation."

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
New Club Pass upgrade looks nice. Demonstrated it would look just like booking a regular CW booking. Cheaper online fee of $49 vs high via operator.
This is stupid. It shouldn't cost anything. You pay the program fee for CW and WM owners pay theirs. There doesn't need to be an additional fee when the only people who can actually utilize club pass have already forked over thousands of dollars.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No mention of new resorts or relationship with Margaritaville. I wonder about status of CW / MV relationship. I feel that relationship has been weakening overtime.
They opened a brand-new, built from the ground up Margaritaville resort exactly one year ago and it's been receiving rave reviews ever since. I'm not particularly concerned.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
This is stupid. It shouldn't cost anything. You pay the program fee for CW and WM owners pay theirs. There doesn't need to be an additional fee when the only people who can actually utilize club pass have already forked over thousands of dollars.
Since when did Wyndham care about people forking over their hard-earned dollars for something that should cost $0? Sounds like their general business model.

UGA1981

Reaction score
They opened a brand-new, built from the ground up Margaritaville resort exactly one year ago and it's been receiving rave reviews ever since. I'm not particularly concerned.
They showed advertisements of Margaritaville today. Also, Margaritaville Vacation Club is now the Dolphin display sponsor at the Georgia Aquarium. And. I expect 2-3 new Margaritaville resorts to be announced in the months ahead.
Key Learnings:

Acknowledged the need to better monitor and display guest reservations and more importantly the 2 "owner priority" reservations. Mentioned that this should be next in IT queue after Club Pass upgrades (I like the perspective of getting Club Pass right, then go to next issue. Trying to not juggle to many things at once).

Financials: Mentioned balance sheet is strong BUT inflation is coming. Specifically mentioned Bonnet Creek and Las Vegas Grand Desert are being impacted by inflation. Highlighting many fixed cost expenses like property tax, insurance, and utilities. Hoping for the best

Vacation Perspective: Liked the things they highlighted like food trucks and seeking better ways to share resort / area best practices and tips. Highlighted Sedona Team on how they partnered with local restaurants to coordinate local cuisine in unique settings. (Like how CW is seeking ways to enhance owner experiences)

Will NOT be bringing back one night stays in near future. Mentioned "Permanently eliminated one night stays". Cited expense as the reason.

Extra Holidays now accepts up to 7 days prior to date of reservation:
"Reservations placed in the owner rental program must meet four basic requirements. (1) The reservation must be reserved with points. (2) The reservation must be at a participating Club Wyndham resort, which can be found in the Extra Holidays Owner Rental Listings Participating Resorts List. (3) The length of stay must be a maximum of seven nights and a minimum of two nights. (4) The listing agreement must be received and accepted by Extra Holidays at least 7 days prior to the arrival date on the reservation."

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Some additional observations:
Extra Holidays - They explicitly mentioned that they will not accept any reservations for rental that are during Owner Priority times.

On the financials side they were emphasizing the balance sheet differences between CW (the exchange program) and the various resorts. Supposedly they will be using a surplus in the CW treasury to reduce the next program fee increase. They emphasized this had nothing to do with resort MFs and (as I heard it) were really working to prepare people for upcoming MF increases that would be higher than normal. Costs cited as problematic were insurance (I think a 40-something % increase was mentioned for Bonnet Creek), property taxes, utilities (it was mentioned that Limetree is now 80% solar supplied), staff salaries refurbishment materials costs and maybe 1 or 2 others.

Also mentioned no plans for any pet-friendly rooms and unlikely it would ever be economical.

Overall, I didn't feel like I would have missed anything if I had not attended. The emcee (forgot his name) really needs some public speaking experience. He should look into Toastmasters or something similar; he was awful.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
A notable increase in MF is to be expected given inflation. It’s not like the resorts are somehow immune from higher prices.
This was the message they were trying to convey indirectly - higher HOA MF increases are coming - and higher program fee increases are coming - all directly tied to higher inflation costs.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The cost to implement the new system was not free. If they didn't charge people who used it $49, they would pad the cost into the program fee and then everyone would be paying for it. I personally only to prefer to pay for it if I actually use it.

Every timeshare system has fees. Most charge to book. Wyndham doesn't charge to book online, but there is no such thing as a free lunch. The cost of that is padded into our program fee because everyone needs the ability to book a reservation. Not everyone needs to book Club Pass.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The cost to implement the new system was not free. If they didn't charge people who used it $49, they would pad the cost into the program fee and then everyone would be paying for it. I personally only to prefer to pay for it if I actually use it.

Every timeshare system has fees. Most charge to book. Wyndham doesn't charge to book online, but there is no such thing as a free lunch. The cost of that is padded into our program fee because everyone needs the ability to book a reservation. Not everyone needs to book Club Pass.
Yea but since it's a retail benefit, the cost to implement should be in the original purchase price since you paid retail prices for the ability to use it. It doesn't matter to me personally. I highly doubt I will ever make a retail purchase. The only exception I will probably ever have to that is DVC. 50 Grand Floridian points cost $400 more retail vs resale. Non of the other systems remotely come close to having the ability to liquidate if you need to.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Charging for a service is only (partly) about recovering the service's costs. It's also about monetizing that service if it has value to the customer. Customers pay for value. Companies pay for costs. If value > costs, then you have a viable product.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
From Club Wyndham:

UNDERSTANDING POINTS

Reservation Transactions​

Reservation Transactions are your ticket to great vacations and are required for specific transactions within the Club Wyndham program. One Reservation Transaction is needed for each of the following transactions:
  • Resort reservations
  • Worldwide External Exchange deposits
  • Converting points to maintenance dollars
  • Wyndham Club Pass reservations
You’ll receive one Reservation Transaction for every 77,000 points you own. If you need additional Reservation Transactions throughout the year to complete a transaction, you can purchase more for $39 through the Vacation Planning Center. The fee for additional Reservation Transactions will be waived when booking on your owner website.

Important Information​

• Reservation Transactions are awarded to your account on January 1 of each calendar year, regardless of your Use Year.
  • Owners with VIP Gold, Platinum, and Founders status enjoy the benefit of unlimited Reservation Transactions.
  • Only VIP-Eligible Points are eligible for VIP benefits. For more information about VIP eligibility, please click here.
  • Reservation Transactions are deducted from your account at the time you confirm one of the above transactions.
  • Reservation Transaction fees are nonrefundable.
  • Unused Reservation Transactions will expire on Dec. 31.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Oh, this is for Club Pass, where you can book Worldmark as a Wyndham owner, and vice-versa. It's not a terribly high fee. I misunderstood. I am pretty reactionary when it comes to Wyndham policies.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Club Wyndham:

UNDERSTANDING POINTS

Reservation Transactions​

Reservation Transactions are your ticket to great vacations and are required for specific transactions within the Club Wyndham program. One Reservation Transaction is needed for each of the following transactions:
  • Resort reservations
  • Worldwide External Exchange deposits
  • Converting points to maintenance dollars
  • Wyndham Club Pass reservations
You’ll receive one Reservation Transaction for every 77,000 points you own. If you need additional Reservation Transactions throughout the year to complete a transaction, you can purchase more for $39 through the Vacation Planning Center. The fee for additional Reservation Transactions will be waived when booking on your owner website.

Important Information​

• Reservation Transactions are awarded to your account on January 1 of each calendar year, regardless of your Use Year.
  • Owners with VIP Gold, Platinum, and Founders status enjoy the benefit of unlimited Reservation Transactions.
  • Only VIP-Eligible Points are eligible for VIP benefits. For more information about VIP eligibility, please click here.
  • Reservation Transactions are deducted from your account at the time you confirm one of the above transactions.
  • Reservation Transaction fees are nonrefundable.
  • Unused Reservation Transactions will expire on Dec. 31.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
unless some are your points are listed as resale and some aren't.. The transaction credit get shorted in my case.
Club Wyndam don't care either
Daniel

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an aside, Wyndham no longer tracks (or charges for) reservation transactions [edited: that are made online]. They do still charge for Points Deposit (to a future year), but that was never covered by the Reservation Transaction credits.

[Edited to add: They *do* track them, and if you call when you are out of your allotment, they will charge you. So don't call.]

Last edited:

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an aside, Wyndham no longer tracks (or charges for) reservation transactions. They do still charge for Points Deposit (to a future year), but that was never covered by the Reservation Transaction credits.
It s the housekeeping credits that I care about they are shorting me one of these also on even years

Club Wyndham don’t care
Daniel

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
As an aside, Wyndham no longer tracks (or charges for) reservation transactions. They do still charge for Points Deposit (to a future year), but that was never covered by the Reservation Transaction credits.
I believe they do track reservation transaction credits for reservations completed by phone. At least for those that do not get unlimited because of their VIP status.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It s the housekeeping credits that I care about they are shorting me one of these also on even years

Club Wyndham don’t care
Daniel
If you can count the number of vacations you have taken and can prove that they are less then the number of housekeeping credits you have, you can request that the housekeeping fee get waived if you have to buy one. Ask them to waive the reservation transaction credit as well (if they charge one) since the issue was with their system and your only option was to call to get it fixed. They've done that for me.