• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 - 2024 Directory

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Is this saying that a guest reservation that overlaps with an owner reservation (i.e. "free") during an owner priority window must be done by calling (not online)?

1674502961974.png

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Is this saying that a guest reservation that overlaps with an owner reservation (i.e. "free") during an owner priority window must be done by calling (not online)?

View attachment 72038
I can see why you would read it like that but I think if it was a requirement it would say "must" and not "can". One implies there is no choice. The other implies you have more then one option. "You can turn right if you want. Or you can turn left"

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I can see why you would read it like that but I think if it was a requirement it would say "must" and not "can". One implies there is no choice. The other implies you have more then one option. "You can turn right if you want. Or you can turn left"
I read it the same a PAXSARAH, 'if you need to................you can do so by calling'.

My initial read on this was that the system will want to take 1 of the priority GC's without regard to there being an overlapping reservation. Perhaps by calling, the Vacation Coordinator can keep the GC from using 1 of the 2 we receive. The system is so wonky, perhaps, they felt calling would help with reducing calculation errors.

Now, as I write that I see a potential problem. I reserve, I call to reserve for my guest, get the reservation such that it does not take from my 2 priority GC's. Then I cancel my reservation. Get the priority reservation with a GC without it reducing from my limit of 2.

Still think the call is being made because the system can't handle priority GC calculations on overlapping reservations. If the call creates a workaround to the GC priority limits........well, certainly, Wyndham won't let that happen.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I guess I see what you're saying, like, "If you feel nervous about booking for a guest (even though it's spelled out that their guest certificate is always allowed when you're also traveling with them), you can call." It just seems weird that this is pretty much the only instance I can think of where Wyndham specifically says you the option to call but the implication you're saying is that you can also do it online, they're just not telling us.

There are other instances of "can" in the directory where "can" is telling you the only way you can do something. For instance:

"Waitlist requests can be submitted from 10 months to 2 months prior to your check-in date." Can't do it at 11 months, can't do it at 1 month.
"When booking during the Standard and Express reservation window, you can book up to 10 suites per resort, per night." Can't book 11.

If it can only be done by phone, they should say that. If you can do it online, why mention the phone?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I guess I see what you're saying, like, "If you feel nervous about booking for a guest (even though it's spelled out that their guest certificate is always allowed when you're also traveling with them), you can call." It just seems weird that this is pretty much the only instance I can think of where Wyndham specifically says you the option to call but the implication you're saying is that you can also do it online, they're just not telling us.

There are other instances of "can" in the directory where "can" is telling you the only way you can do something. For instance:

"Waitlist requests can be submitted from 10 months to 2 months prior to your check-in date." Can't do it at 11 months, can't do it at 1 month.
"When booking during the Standard and Express reservation window, you can book up to 10 suites per resort, per night." Can't book 11.

If it can only be done by phone, they should say that. If you can do it online, why mention the phone?

I agree it's not 100% clear here - @Richelle and I can seek clarity on this item from Wyndham and reply back with any guidance we receive back. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I agree it's not 100% clear here - @Richelle and I can seek clarity on this item from Wyndham and reply back with any guidance we receive back. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Lack of clarity has become expected when Wyndham states policy.

Is no one there capable of writing unambiguous, definitive policy?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Lack of clarity has become expected when Wyndham states policy.

Is no one there capable of writing unambiguous, definitive policy?

We received some guidance back already. It's not a literal statement in the member directory. For example, when someone is using their timeshare for a church group that is going and must figure out one off exceptions, the point of the phone number listed is for when owners have odd circumstances like this - they should contact Owner Resolution for explicit guidance in these cases. This statement is really geared toward the average owner - not power owners (like TUG).

We also validated that the online system is aligned and calculating properly for these same use cases (this is the claim at least). In cases where a priority GC reservation is in order and there is no overlapping owner reservation, the online system will decrement a Guest Allowance. If there is an overlapping owner reservation, it will not burn a Guest Allowance.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We received some guidance back already. It's not a literal statement in the member directory. For example, when someone is using their timeshare for a church group that is going and must figure out one off exceptions, the point of the phone number listed is for when owners have odd circumstances like this - they should contact Owner Resolution for explicit guidance in these cases. This statement is really geared toward the average owner - not power owners (like TUG).

We also validated that the online system is aligned and calculating properly for these same use cases (this is the claim at least). In cases where a priority GC reservation is in order and there is no overlapping owner reservation, the online system will decrement a Guest Allowance. If there is an overlapping owner reservation, it will not burn a Guest Allowance.

Sounds good. If only it turns out to be that way.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
In cases where a priority GC reservation is in order and there is no overlapping owner reservation, the online system will decrement a Guest Allowance. If there is an overlapping owner reservation, it will not burn a Guest Allowance.
...and what happens when the overlapping reservation is cancelled? What happens if an overlapping reservation does not exist at the time the GC is issued, consuming a Guest Allowance, but later that overlapping reservation is added? I think I know what is supposed to happen (it is decremented/it is restored) but I bet that's not what happens.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you for making and sharing this. I tried to order a copy of the new directory but the website is not allowing me to submit my request.
You’ll need to call in. Te submit button issue is a known Issue that is being worked on. I called and was able to order it, no charge.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
...and what happens when the overlapping reservation is cancelled? What happens if an overlapping reservation does not exist at the time the GC is issued, consuming a Guest Allowance, but later that overlapping reservation is added? I think I know what is supposed to happen (it is decremented/it is restored) but I bet that's not what happens.

That's why they list the phone number I suspect - call into Owner Resolution when special situations like this arise.