• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2022 MF's Discussion Thread

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Moderator Note: [Discussion posts in the 2022 MF's sticky thread have been/will be moved to this thread.] <-- SueDonJ

Very similar for our 2br (External) 2022 Total Amount Due $1,890.76 plus International Service Fee $34.50
3br $2,447.46
Just to add - I did not immediately realise, as the Owner website has rarely been updated with resort documentation over the years, that scrolling down the 2022 MF Invoice the latest Newsletter appears below it.
This includes a very helpful 6 year summary of MF changes, which it would be helpful for all MVC resorts to provide.
I rather suspect that some may be too embarrassed to do so though?

47FE5DE0-11AA-4090-85BF-AC017A34F4A2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to add - I did not immediately realise, as the Owner website has rarely been updated with resort documentation over the years, that scrolling down the 2022 MF Invoice the latest Newsletter appears below it.
This includes a very helpful 6 year summary of MF changes, which it would be helpful for all MVC resorts to provide.
I rather suspect that some may be too embarrassed to do so though?

View attachment 42475
That is very helpful. Oceana Palms doesn't even provide a comparison to the previous year.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
A request:

Noted in the first post in the sticky thread, "Operating Budgets for each of the resorts may be posted to owners.marriottvacationclub.com when the bills are sent out. Sign in, click on "Maintenance Fee/Club Dues" under "Managing Your Ownership" in the column on the right, then the "View eBilling Invoices & Inserts" link."

If you've posted only the total amounts due for your Weeks in the sticky thread and want to help your fellow TUGgers by providing the breakdown as indicated on your invoices, but your posts are now beyond the 48-hour edit window, you can send me the info (click on the envelope on the top right of this page) and I'll be happy to do the edits.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
I got the email for our MOC (data already supplied by others) holdings but nothing about "Club dues" - about $210 or so, yet.
When does that bill get posted/arrive ?
Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I got the email for our MOC (data already supplied by others) holdings but nothing about "Club dues" - about $210 or so, yet.
Your Club Dues billing invoice should already be showing online.

tahoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Not sure if this applies to you.... My wife and I have separate accounts for MVC website. The "Club Dues" only posts on 1 of the 2 accounts.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Just finished posting my MF amounts for my MVC properties on the dedicated thread. Overall, my MFs increased 3.52% this year including Trust points, over 2021. I guess that's not too bad compared to some other years. Not to overuse the term "it is what it is" but to be able to vacation for 2022 using our weeks and points at that amount of increase, I don't consider that terrible.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I paid my fees in advance for 2023 just a few days ago. Of course I had already paid my fees for 2022. Marriott sent me a link to pay my MF's. I guess I should pay 2024 too? I paid because I have the money to pay and would rather not have it just sitting in the bank.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I paid my fees in advance for 2023 just a few days ago. Of course I had already paid my fees for 2022. Marriott sent me a link to pay my MF's. I guess I should pay 2024 too? I paid because I have the money to pay and would rather not have it just sitting in the bank.
Since you dislike a bloated bank account, I’ll take some if you still have extra. ;-)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait... what? So you have paid for 2022 year and 2023, and wanting to pay for 2024? I think you are trusting their systems more than you should. When I prepaid/overpaid in the past, MVC applied to the wrong weeks and it was a mess and they took ages to straighten out, and in the meantime, they froze use of my week which they said I had not paid up while another week had double payment. Don't do it... you must resist! :)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

You'll miss out on your 3 cents interest though?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Moderator Note: This post and replies to it have been moved from the MF's sticky thread.] <-- SueDonJ

Anyone know why my Florida Club fee is so much more than the $4 everyone else is this thread is being billed? This is my first year owning both of these weeks.

Grande Vista 2BR- Platinum
  • Operating Fee .....................$941.95
  • Replacement Reserve .........$374.49
  • Property Taxes ....................$156.16
  • Florida Club Fee ..................$34.50
  • TOTAL: ................................$1507.10

Grande Vista 2BR- Gold
  • Property Taxes ....................$121.95
  • TOTAL: ................................$1472.89

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone know why my Florida Club fee is so much more than the $4 everyone else is this thread is being billed? This is my first year owning both of these weeks.

Grande Vista 2BR- Platinum
  • Property Taxes ....................$156.16
  • TOTAL: ................................$1507.10

Grande Vista 2BR- Gold
  • Property Taxes ....................$121.95
  • TOTAL: ................................$1472.89
That is a little odd. Years ago, they used to bill out the Florida Club Fee kind of like this where it also included the Owner Services Fee in that amount. They changed that a couple years ago and started including the Owner Services Fee in the general budget and only billing $4 for the Florida Club Fee. That doesn't look to be the problem here though because the Owner Services fee on the budget is $44.23. The $34.50 looks to be the same amount at the International Owner Surcharge. Did you buy from a foreign owner? Perhaps that is why it is messed up. I suggest calling Marriott Vacation Club to get it straightened out.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a little odd. Years ago, they used to bill out the Florida Club Fee kind of like this where it also included the Owner Services Fee in that amount. They changed that a couple years ago and started including the Owner Services Fee in the general budget and only billing $4 for the Florida Club Fee. That doesn't look to be the problem here though because the Owner Services fee on the budget is $44.23. The $34.50 looks to be the same amount at the International Owner Surcharge. Did you buy from a foreign owner? Perhaps that is why it is messed up. I suggest calling Marriott Vacation Club to get is straightened out.

YES! The owner I bought both weeks from was in the UK.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
FYI, I had to call in for something today and there's a message about errors on MF's that they're dealing with, something about interest/late fees being accrued incorrectly? I didn't catch the exact words but they do say they're aware of the problem and working on it. It took me a few tries to get through so if it's something you're seeing, you might want to save yourself some aggravation and wait it out if you can.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, I had to call in for something today and there's a message about errors on MF's that they're dealing with, something about interest/late fees being accrued incorrectly? I didn't catch the exact words but they do say they're aware of the problem and working on it. It took me a few tries to get through so if it's something you're seeing, you might want to save yourself some aggravation and wait it out if you can.

Yeah, I called to deposit a week from points and heard the same. I presume that's for financed folks. I think it best to ignore for now as well, and just let them re-bill and fix.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
[Moderator Note: This post and replies to it have been moved from the MF's sticky thread.] <-- SueDonJ

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
2br EOY (double amount for annual)

2022 Operating Fee $858.59
2022 Property Tax Fee $112.59
2022 Replacement Reserve $302.77
2022 Total Amount Due $1,273.95 (+$36.48, +2.95%)
2021 Total Amount Due $1,237.47

Do you know exactly what the MFs are for 2023 for MKO? What do these additional fees represent: $36.48 and 2.95%? I do not see additional charges on my account. I only see MF charges.

I am trying to calculate the cost per point for my EOY week. I paid $1274 for 2023 and it converts to 2475 DPs EOY. My calculation of 0.51 sounds too low.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What do these additional fees represent: $36.48 and 2.95%?
That was just the year over year increase from 2021 to 2022. Both the amount and the percentage.

I am trying to calculate the cost per point for my EOY week. I paid $1274 for 2023 and it converts to 2475 DPs EOY. My calculation of 0.51 sounds too low.
It seems you own a 2BR OV given the point value you indicated. Since you are using half of the amount you get every other year and one year MF, which is half the usage. Then you are getting a number close to the real cost. The actual cost should be two years of MFs divided by 4,950.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know exactly what the MFs are for 2023 for MKO? What do these additional fees represent: $36.48 and 2.95%? I do not see additional charges on my account. I only see MF charges.

Increase over previous year's.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
That was just the year over year increase from 2021 to 2022. Both the amount and the percentage.

It seems you own a 2BR OV given the point value you indicated. Since you are using half of the amount you get every other year and one year MF, which is half the usage. Then you are getting a number close to the real cost. The actual cost should be two years of MFs divided by 4,950.

The MF I am calculating based on these numbers is lower than DP MF. Tell me if this is correct. $1274 (what I paid for 2023 usage - half the annual fee) divided by 2475 (Half the DPs) = 0.51. That seems low bc I thought Hawaii was expensive.

I pay a lot more in total MFs for the Maui week with Vistana at $3206 total for one week EOY. However, if I enrolled the week, the MFs would be really low. I calculated 0.385. $1603 EOY divided by 4162.5 EOY = 0.385. I have been told twice by 2 different sales people in two different offices that it is 8325 DPs annually.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Son Antem, Mallorca 2BR 3BR. All Seasons

Total maintenance fee 2021 1,134.63 1,294.24

Maintenance fee 2022:
Operational Costs 835.76 939.52
Reserve for Replacement 249.29 301.24
Sub Total 1,085.05 1,240.76
15% Management fee 162.66 186.01

Total net maintenance fee 1,247.71 1,426.76
10% Spanish VAT 124.77 142.68
Total maintenance Fee 1,372,48 1,569.44

Credit Note -208.22 -241.42

Actal Maintenance fee 1,164.26 1,328.02

The actual maintenance fee to be paid was reduced by a credit note.
A refund relating to the savings in the operating fund in 2020 due to the pandemic was issued to owners in good standing in 2020.

Change from 2021 to 2022 before credit note : 20.95%
After credit note change from 2021 to 2022: 2,61%

Increase in ‘Reserve for Replacement’ from 2021 to 2022 is 77.98%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this in USD or euros? What does the MF per point end up being if one converted to points?

Is the credit note a one time occurrence or will the MFs go up after this year?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The MF I am calculating based on these numbers is lower than DP MF. Tell me if this is correct. $1274 (what I paid for 2023 usage - half the annual fee) divided by 2475 (Half the DPs) = 0.51. That seems low bc I thought Hawaii was expensive.

I pay a lot more in total MFs for the Maui week with Vistana at $3206 total for one week EOY. However, if I enrolled the week, the MFs would be really low. I calculated 0.385. $1603 EOY divided by 4162.5 EOY = 0.385. I have been told twice by 2 different sales people in two different offices that it is 8325 DPs annually.
Hawaii is expensive for MFs, but some of the best MF to DC point ratios are in Hawaii because they got a lot of DC points allocated to the weeks.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hawaii is expensive for MFs, but some of the best MF to DC point ratios are in Hawaii because they got a lot of DC points allocated to the weeks.

Okay so my calculations are correct. I am pretty shocked that the MF to DP ratio for WKOVRN comes out to 0.385. It seems like enrolling a high point value Maui make makes financial sense on a value basis. I like MVC Destination Club and having all the options to travel so it might make sense for me.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@mogens.h1951
Not sure if you saw my question. You said at Club Son Antem there was a 20.95% increase in MFs but then a credit was applied and it brought the increase down to 2.61%.

Is the credit note a one time occurrence or will the MFs go up after this year? What caused the 20.95% increase.

Also, I am seeing that with the current MF, the DP cost after enrolling comes out to 0.79. This is much higher than than Marbella, where my MFs are 0.53. Do you know what the ratio is so much higher?

Maybe some other Tuggers know the answers. @Gemini Chica @bazzap @Dean I see you commenting on Club Son Antem a lot or periodically. Not sure if you are owners. If you are, do you know the answers to my questions?

I may be buying an enrolled Club Son Antem but concerned about MFs.