• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2022 Maintenance Fees Broadway Plantation

47vampire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
I am undecided about my deedback of Broadway Plantation. I got an auto generated email that 2022 Maintenance fee notices were posted on the Vistana dashboard. When I logged in, they have already cut off my access to my 2 bedroom unit even though I have not received or signed the deedback. In my owner update in early September, the Marriott salesman who was trying to get me into the whatever the new program will be claimed owner fees would be taking a huge jump because "this property does not meet Marriott Standards". I would love to know what other Vistana Broadway Plantation owners have seen as the 2022 fees verses 2021 for a 2 bedroom.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

47vampire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
This looks like Owner's meeting agenda info. I did get that but Owner's meeting occurred Sept 14. I was actually staying there then but had about decided to do deed back and did not attend. In another timeshare I owned, the parent company tried many times to load the board with folks who would vote for what the parent company wanted. I am really looking for confirmation that the $1107.09 is the bill an owner got.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sheraton Broadway Plantation fees for 2022:
2 bedroom Plantation phase: $1063.50
2 bedroom lockoff Plantation phase: $1,330.78
1 bedroom small Plantation phase: $471.83
1 bedroom premium Plantation phase: $858.95

2 bedroom Palmetto phase: $913.41
2 bedroom lockoff Palmetto phase: $1,204.73
1 bedroom premium Palmetto phase: $710.97

You can check your own account to see the fees, but this is what I am paying. I don't pay the VSN fee.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own 3 of the sizes and the mf's all match those listed at the top.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

47vampire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
Sheraton Broadway Plantation fees for 2022:
2 bedroom Plantation phase: $1063.50
2 bedroom lockoff Plantation phase: $1,330.78
1 bedroom small Plantation phase: $471.83
1 bedroom premium Plantation phase: $858.95

2 bedroom Palmetto phase: $913.41
2 bedroom lockoff Palmetto phase: $1,204.73
1 bedroom premium Palmetto phase: $710.97

You can check your own account to see the fees, but this is what I am paying. I don't pay the VSN fee.
Thanks for the confirmation. Fees did not increase as Marriott sales suggested they would. I could not check this account as they have locked me out as my deedback paperwork is on my way to me. I am trying to decide whether to keep it or not. Thanks again for the share.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
My invoice says MF for small 1BR Plantation is $603.70? Does this seem right? Last year I paid around $575. Maybe I have a deluxe 1BR? Edited to add: I called and I do have a small 1BR and was told that this bill is correct. I don't have any program fees.

1633461002188.png

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My invoice says MF for small 1BR Plantation is $603.70? Does this seem right? Last year I paid around $575. Maybe I have a deluxe 1BR?

View attachment 40644
If you pay $603 you have the stand alone one bedroom, not the smaller or larger part of the 2BR lock off.
The deluxe (small side of the 2 BR lock off - no balcony) is $472 this year. Your one isn't a lockoff but is smaller than the premium and I believe does have a balcony. The premium is the larger half of the 2BR lock off and does have a balcony. It is $859 this year.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This looks like Owner's meeting agenda info. I did get that but Owner's meeting occurred Sept 14. I was actually staying there then but had about decided to do deed back and did not attend. In another timeshare I owned, the parent company tried many times to load the board with folks who would vote for what the parent company wanted. I am really looking for confirmation that the $1107.09 is the bill an owner got.
The estimated MF's totals were all approved by the HOA so they are all the final MF's for each size/type.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
If you pay $603 you have the stand alone one bedroom, not the smaller or larger part of the 2BR lock off.
The deluxe (small side of the 2 BR lock off - no balcony) is $472 this year. Your one isn't a lockoff but is smaller than the premium and I believe does have a balcony. The premium is the larger half of the 2BR lock off and does have a balcony. It is $859 this year.
Thank you, much appreciated.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I have a small side of EOY 1 bedroom of SBP Plantation gold plus. My 2022 MF is $235.91, which matches the 1/2 of the amount above. I've been using this SBP as Interval trader for years, but have recently experiencing huge decrease in trade power since 2020. It is still one of the best value out there, but I think SVV 1 br platinum is probably the best trader now.

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott OceanWatch, DVC Bay Lake Tower, Christie Lodge, Sheraton Broadway Resort, Cliff Club
I know this is an old thread but is it weird that the older, smaller units have a higher maitenance fee than the new bigger ones? I think the plantation 2/2 LO only has a balcony or patio with one of the bedrooms - the other doesn't have any outside access?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know this is an old thread but is it weird that the older, smaller units have a higher maitenance fee than the new bigger ones? I think the plantation 2/2 LO only has a balcony or patio with one of the bedrooms - the other doesn't have any outside access?
Yes, the older ones are also the most updated ones. Palmetto will be getting an update. I thought Plantation was in better shape than Palmetto on our last visit. Look for fees to increase on Palmetto (which are hard to find, by the way).

You are correct that the small side has no patio.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the second bedroom in the older sections (Palmetto Sectiond) twin beds or queen beds?

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott OceanWatch, DVC Bay Lake Tower, Christie Lodge, Sheraton Broadway Resort, Cliff Club
Palmetto is the newer section - looks like sleeping options are the same in both?

The 2 bedroom palmetto has king, queen and 2 sleepers

Plantation
2/2 LO has a King, Queen and 2 Sleeper sofas. https://www.vistana.com/destination...700#two-bedroom-lockoff-villaplantation-phase
Are the second bedroom in the older sections (Palmetto Sectiond) twin beds or queen beds?

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, the older ones are also the most updated ones. Palmetto will be getting an update. I thought Plantation was in better shape than Palmetto on our last visit. Look for fees to increase on Palmetto (which are hard to find, by the way).

You are correct that the small side has no patio.
Ahhh that makes sense! Thank you!

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Two full size beds.
Two full size beds
OH how does that work getting the 2/2 Palmetto with the 2 full and 1 king? On vistana it says it's the 2 bed side of the 3 bed lock off... https://www.vistana.com/destination...wo-bedroom-villapalmettothree-bedroom-lockoff

That's a great call out though - how do you differentiate to get that room that sleeps 6 in actual beds vs 4 in beds and 4 on pull outs. Are the pulls outs the least bit comfortable?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OH how does that work getting the 2/2 Palmetto with the 2 full and 1 king? On vistana it says it's the 2 bed side of the 3 bed lock off... https://www.vistana.com/destination...wo-bedroom-villapalmettothree-bedroom-lockoff

That's a great call out though - how do you differentiate to get that room that sleeps 6 in actual beds vs 4 in beds and 4 on pull outs. Are the pulls outs the least bit comfortable?
Through Vistana it is easy. It will say the section and will say whether it is a lock off. Through II, I don't think that you can tell before exchanging. Perhaps the code you get after confirming will show which one is which.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far, I have never seen a 3 bedroom Palmetto for sale anywhere. Those are probably extremely tough to get.

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far, I have never seen a 3 bedroom Palmetto for sale anywhere. Those are probably extremely tough to get.
And is that booking with your Vistana flex points or with your weeks that are 2/2 in Palmetto that you'd be looking and be able to book?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And is that booking with your Vistana flex points or with your weeks that are 2/2 in Palmetto that you'd be looking and be able to book?
I am saying I would buy one, if I saw one for sale on ebay or even Redweek for a reasonable price.

We only own one platinum week 35 one bedroom premium at Palmetto, one annual lockoff in gold season, and one annual 2 bedroom in gold season. Those gold season Palmetto go up to week 23. I usually book a week 23 and our daughter rents it most years. That season also includes spring break weeks.

As far as trading in II is concerned, I have seen no difference in trading power between the Plantation/ Myrtle phase that float 9-43 and 47 and the Gold season Palmetto. I compare all of the time, and no difference whatsoever. I have seen a difference between my platinum week 35 Palmetto and the Plantation one bedrooms (aka known as Myrtle phase), but not a significant difference.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think we see the 2BR lock offs show up in II as a whole unit. Only the 2BR dedicated units will show up. THe lock offs are usually deposited in their individual parts.