• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2021 New Orleans Timeshares

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hurricane Ida made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday, August 29, 2021, as a powerful Category 4, and as one of the most powerful storms ever to hit the US. Any news on the following timeshares located in New Orleans, Louisiana?

The Quarter House 3184
Blue Green Club La Pension 1502
World Mark Avenue Plaza 7732
Club Wyndham Avenue Plaza 1450
Maison Pierre Lafittee 4210
Jean Lafittee 3289
Hotel de la Monnaie 3647
Plaza Suite Hotel Resort 4028
Chateau Orleans 3280
Hyatt House New Orleans

Please update the condition of the resorts when power is restored to the area.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
You may know now that all eight of the transmission lines bringing power to NOLA crashed to the ground during the storm. It's expected to take weeks, if not months, to restore power to everyone. I don't know what the extent of damage to the TS buildings is and whether they just need the power to come back on or will need repairs before they can reopen.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
I mentioned in another post that I am a Hurricane Ida evacuee. The entire city has lost power and the ATT cell towers are down. We are being told that a timeline for restoration of the power has not been established. I stayed thru the storm and actually thought we could just go to a hotel in the city to spend the night until the power was restored. We went to the Wyndham Avenue Plaza, because we stay there every year at Mardi Gras, thinking we could get a room there since there's a kitchen. But the doors were open and the place dark. They had no power either. I'm assuming the bigger hotel properties had power. I really don't know. This will be another big challenge for our city.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have four weeks at Quarter House with check-ins in November-December. I'm not anticipating that any of them will be available.

Even after power is restored, I would expect supply chain problems to delay repairs/restorations.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I don't know if Hyatt is being overly optimistic, or they have a plan that will put them back into service, but here is what they post on the website. Maybe it gives hope for a gradual restoration to the area....

PLEASE NOTE: The Hyatt House New Orleans Downtown has suspended normal hotel operations due to effects of Hurricane Ida and is expected to resume normal hotel operations on September 7th 2021. Cancellation fees are waived for stays from now through September 6th, 2021. Any deposits and prepayments for cancelled stays on these dates, including prepaid rates, will be refunded. Thank you for your understanding. If you have questions, please contact us.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have four weeks at Quarter House with check-ins in November-December. I'm not anticipating that any of them will be available.

Even after power is restored, I would expect supply chain problems to delay repairs/restorations.
I was just coming to post if anyone had any updates on Quarter House. I have week 3 and not sure if that will be useable for 2023.
If you here any news about QH, will you please post. Thanks so much

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
FYI - I had a reservation checking in next Friday, 9/10 @ Bluegreen Club La Pension...I received thi e following email earlier today. I need to call them because my reservation wasn't thru the vacation club, it's a float week. I'm hoping I can get another week later this year and maybe deposit... or maybe they'll let me roll it to next year (though not usually an option. )

The management and staff of Bluegreen Vacations continue to closely monitor the forecasts and reports related to Hurricane Ida. Hurricane Ida made landfall in Louisiana on August 29 as a powerful Category 4 storm. As a result, the City of New Orleans and surrounding areas have experienced significant damage including loss of electricity, flooding, debris and other impacts.

The safety of our guests and associates are our primary concern. Although the hurricane has been downgraded to a tropical storm and watches and warnings have been lifted for the city, the clean-up required in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida is significant. In order to facilitate the necessary clean-up exercise and to support our associates and communities, all reservations scheduled for arrival September 1 – 20 will be canceled without penalty and all associated points refunded to the owner’s account.

Our records indicate that you are scheduled to arrive at Club La Pension in New Orleans within the next few days. In the wake of the passage of Hurricane Ida, we have canceled your upcoming reservation for Club La Pension and have refunded all applicable points to your account.

If you have questions, please contact Bluegreen Club Services via chat at www.bluegreenowner.com. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

For information regarding the recovery process in New Orleans, please visit https://www.wafb.com/2021/09/01/watch-live-continuing-coverage-ida-recovery-new-orleans-area/.

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I don't know if Hyatt is being overly optimistic, or they have a plan that will put them back into service, but here is what they post on the website. Maybe it gives hope for a gradual restoration to the area....

PLEASE NOTE: The Hyatt House New Orleans Downtown has suspended normal hotel operations due to effects of Hurricane Ida and is expected to resume normal hotel operations on September 7th 2021. Cancellation fees are waived for stays from now through September 6th, 2021. Any deposits and prepayments for cancelled stays on these dates, including prepaid rates, will be refunded. Thank you for your understanding. If you have questions, please contact us.
That’s pretty optimistic. If they have their own generators they can accommodate guests, I guess, but I’m not sure what will be available outside of the hotel.

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent information about Pierre Maison LaFitte or the owner, George? We own there and have not heard about the 2021 Fall maintenance fees that are usually due in September. I hope that the building has not been too heavily damaged from the last hurricane. Please let me know if anyone owning there has heard any recent information regarding this timeshare. Thank you.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think I posted elsewhere that Quarter House re-opened in early September.

normalrog2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort, Cypress Pointe Orlando, Silverleaf Fox River (IL), Quarter House, Maison Pierre Lafitte
Does anyone have any recent information about Pierre Maison LaFitte or the owner, George? We own there and have not heard about the 2021 Fall maintenance fees that are usually due in September. I hope that the building has not been too heavily damaged from the last hurricane. Please let me know if anyone owning there has heard any recent information regarding this timeshare. Thank you.

Hello AandMRun, I'm an owner at MPL, and have not had any contact with them since covid (other than paying the increasing management fees.) I plan on contacting them next week and getting updated information. Have you had any contact, and if so, what was your experience? Specifically, who should I contact now that George and Angie are no longer there? Are there issues that I should know about prior to calling? Thanks in advance for any information...

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello AandMRun, I'm an owner at MPL, and have not had any contact with them since covid (other than paying the increasing management fees.) I plan on contacting them next week and getting updated information. Have you had any contact, and if so, what was your experience? Specifically, who should I contact now that George and Angie are no longer there? Are there issues that I should know about prior to calling? Thanks in advance for any information...
We actually went this past March (2023). George is still in San Diego. The person managing at the front desk is Cidni Doell. She was also busy with their other timeshare, Jean Lafitte House, so she comes and goes between the timeshares. She is always responsive if you need anything and leave her a message. She can be contacted by calling the front desk number 504-527-5800. I used to talk to George's daughter directly but she is also in San Diego and now forwards her messages to Cidni. With the owners being away, as much as the staff tries to keep everyone happy, the place is not being kept up to good standards. The balcony was usually dirty and not as inviting as it used to be. As you stated, the maintenance fees have really sky rocketed, so we decided that as much as we love New Orleans and have been going there every year for the past 15 years we would do the deed back/quit claim. It was very easy to do. Their broker is Mrs. Kris Koski at kris@sterlingtitleco.com. We did the paperwork that only requires a notarized deed back form and returned the timeshare to George. The property has not aged well in our opinion.
We did have some great vacations there and the location is great. Maybe we will now do shorter stays and stay in newer rental apartments.