• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2021 HOA MF Budgets are arriving

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have only seen one resort discuss their 2020 MF “savings” (no amounts though) and how they’re wanting to move it into the reserves category.

I haven’t seen a single 2021 MF budget reduction proposed.

This may be the year to tune into each HOA to see how they answer where 2020 budget stands and what / where all the personnel cost savings from the pandemic shutdown have been redeployed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have only seen one resort discuss their 2020 MF “savings” (no amounts though) and how they’re wanting to move it into the reserves category.

This may be the year to tune into each HOA to see how they answer where 2020 budget stands and what / where all the personnel cost savings from the pandemic shutdown have been redeployed.

So far I have not seen any of mine go down. I've heard from Bali Hai, Clearwater, and National Harbor.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I don't expect we will see any significant reductions, rather most will stat relatively flat. I don't think the HOA's necessarily had large scale personnel cost savings, as there was still routine operations that had to be carried out, as well as the increased cost of PPE and cleaning/disinfectant supplies. There will also be loss of other incomes, as well as likely increased bad debt.

I believe Smoky Mountains proposed increase was about .07 cents per thousand

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
So far I have not seen any of mine go down. I've heard from Bali Hai, Clearwater, and National Harbor.
I own at Bali Hai and haven’t seen anything. What is the proposed budget for 2021? Do you know?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I own at Bali Hai and haven’t seen anything. What is the proposed budget for 2021? Do you know?
I would have to dig to find it. I reorganized my office, so I have to remember where I put it. I obviously reorganized a little too well.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Nevermind, it was a ballot. I got those from other resorts but they usually included the budget. Sorry about that.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've received three but I thought that my fixed Flagstaff week letter was junk mail and shredded it. Oops! So far two resorts, one went down and the other went up. The one that went down wasn't enough to make up for the one that went up.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
In regards to the HOA fee breakdown, could someone please explain to me the difference in standard points vs designated points. The standard points are approximately 5x the designated points, with different fee amounts.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
In regards to the HOA fee breakdown, could someone please explain to me the difference in standard points vs designated points. The standard points are approximately 5x the designated points, with different fee amounts.

Designated points are usually for Presidential Reserve points at the 19 resorts with PR units.

Due to the more costly PR unit furnishings, they are charged both a higher MF rate and a higher Program Fee rate on the first 1Mn PR points owned.

PR owners have a designated telephone line for Vacation Counselors with knowledge of their booking eligibility and benefits.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hilarious. Lol. Saving! You don't get no savings ! No savings for you.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

bbakernbay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received mine this week. It is going to be very interesting to see how many owners default on their MFees for a multitude of reasons including unable to use or travel, loss of income, sickness or death, etc.

I know many Canadians will not be travelling to the USA as the border remains closed and many may decide to let their timeshares go into default especially as our Cdn $ is only worth 75 cents US and trading is not practical nor worth the cost. In addition, I have read that in some states, including Florida, collection on delinquent accounts is very difficult or even impossible.

Time will tell but this pandemic is not over anytime soon and the impacts could last a decade.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oceanside proposed is same as last year. That's the "best" I've seen yet.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Nashville is up 5%. The biggest increase is for real estate tax. I do remember reading that the city put through a 34% property tax increase, but I'm not sure that was finalized or not. Nevertheless I guess the HOA has to budget for it. It was apparently the first increase since 2012

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Canterbury went up 1.9 % from 3.63 to 3.70

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Am I going to be the first one to whine about not being able to see a couple years of annual fee statements online like we could in the previous system? It's probably on HitchHiker's spreadsheet somewhere. Or am I just not finding it?

Bob

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Am I going to be the first one to whine about not being able to see a couple years of annual fee statements online like we could in the previous system? It's probably on HitchHiker's spreadsheet somewhere. Or am I just not finding it?

Bob
I’ll join you in that whine. :)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I’ll join you in that whine. :)

Add me to the list of whiners about the missing financial records. I noticed pretty quickly that they're missing on this website and wanted to give whoever is responsible for that epic fail a Jethro Gibbs smack in the back of the head.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of whiners about the missing financial records. I noticed pretty quickly that they're missing on this website and wanted to give whoever is responsible for that epic fail a Jethro Gibbs smack in the back of the head.

Well at least now I open up those proxy letters. Of course I did shred my first one which is my largest CPP. Duh!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Bob

December. That’s what we were told for all the maintenance fee info to be put back in. I don’t know if that includes the maintenance fee invoices. I assume it does, but we will see.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
December. That’s what we were told for all the maintenance fee info to be put back in. I don’t know if that includes the maintenance fee invoices. I assume it does, but we will see.
This post reminds me of the guy that buys a new car and in a notebook keeps track of the gas mileage. IT'S TOO LATE! You bought the car!

It's too late you own the timeshare! It is what it is. Don't worry bout it.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
This post reminds me of the guy that buys a new car and in a notebook keeps track of the gas mileage. IT'S TOO LATE! You bought the car!

It's too late you own the timeshare! It is what it is. Don't worry bout it.

But, inquiring mind want to know. :)