• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2021 France RCI Trade Strategy - Ongoing Search

bamasteve

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am planning a Southern France Countryside trip for the Fall of 2021.

I'd like to get a trade in October or Early November 2021 and use 1 or 2 resorts in the south of France as a base for touring for up to two weeks.

My understanding is that I can put in an ongoing search up to two years in advance. Availability in France is tough but at least I'd be travelling in the shoulder season.

I see some resorts that are really only available as Extra Vacation over the next two years. Some of them would make excellent bases for my trip.

My plan:

1. I plan on entering the top 3 to 5 resorts that would meet my needs in an ongoing search to include those that presently only appear available with extra vacations.

2. Assuming I get confirmed in one of these, I plan on getting a second week somewhere in Southern France in an adjoining week - to make for a two week trip.

Any tips on how to perform an ongoing search two years out - would be appreciated.

Steve

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
@bamasteve. Put in your request starting 10/1 and modify as needed. Put in the minimum room size you want for specific resorts by #. You may even be able to put your end date in November, but if not just adjust weekly.

We started an OGS in April this year for specific resorts in Canada for a small timeframe in May 2020. Got a match at the end of August which we rejected due to no longer wanting to go there. Immediately thereafter I modified search to specific French resorts with a very few in other countries for a 3 week time span for next September et voila! we got a match for Royal Regency as you know from my posts on the European thread. Changing the parameters did not change the date I began my original search for Canada.

I am sure you will have good success, especially this far out and off-season

Last edited:

bamasteve

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
BJB,
That is very helpful. Should be fun to begin the search! Thank you. We really enjoyed Royal Regency!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
BJB,
That is very helpful. Should be fun to begin the search! Thank you. We really enjoyed Royal Regency!

Too bad that Chateau du Maulmont is not open when you are planning on your trip to France. That was one of our best trades ever. Looking forward to Royal Regency next year!

BTW, DS & DDiL live outside Birmingham and are huge 'Bama fans:cheer:. In my suburban Cleveland neighborhood I'm surprised to see 'Bama banners on quite a few front lawns. The Ohio State flags far outnumber them though;). DGS was a student videographer for the Clemson football team:whooopie:, but alas he's a fifth year undergrad so no more EXCEPT he's been freelancing for ESPN during Clemson home games which is pretty cool. But I am a Buckeye at heart:clap:!