• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2020 SVV Annual Board Meeting Presentation

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Hi all,

I was viewing the 2020 SVV Annual Board Meeting Presentation on the Vistana website, and it had some interesting info about renovations and resort updates, so I figured I’d share for those who either don't own there or haven't seen it yet: https://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/owner-documents/hoa/SVV/1533_Bella_AMpresentation.pdf

Some highlights, from my point of view:
-New General Manager
-Renovations are ongoing for the Amelia and St. Augustine phases (looks like they are now matching the interior decor)
-Occupancy was down to just 12% in August
-The land that was planned to house the final phase(s) of SVV, South Beach, has been sold by Marriott - it will become apartments :(

If anyone else would like to share the presentation from their home resorts, feel free! Could be interesting for other owners to see.
(FYI, I found the SVV presentation by going to Vistana.com > Dashboard > Governing Documents (under "Owners Association) > Association Information > Annual Meeting Presentation)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for posting this. Occupancy isn't surprising, we have been a few times over the summer and the place was always nearly empty Not surprised to see more apartments. The whole strip between Grande Vista all the way down past SVV is full of brand new apartments. I wonder if Daryl Carter Pkwy will be extended south of International Drive. That land they sold is somewhat land locked and I wouldn't want to see them provide an easement and access to that land through SVV to those apartments. Perhaps the same developer is buying the land that fronts I-Drive as well?

Given how Marriott and Vistana have converted to points systems both with DC and Flex, it seems Orlando is all of a sudden no longer an ideal location to build new resorts. They can't price the weeks high enough to make as much of a profit as they can in other locations where they can create a higher point levels to add a lot more points to the system to sell.

It is also good to see them updating Amelia. When we stayed there a while back for a single night it was pretty dated. We really like the renovations they did over in Key West. The furnishings are not up to Marriott resort standards, but still pretty nice. I just wish they would go with stainless steel appliances. Gives the kitchen a bit more of a high end look.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Thanks for posting this. Occupancy isn't surprising, we have been a few times over the summer and the place was always nearly empty Not surprised to see more apartments. The whole strip between Grande Vista all the way down past SVV is full of brand new apartments. I wonder if Daryl Carter Pkwy will be extended south of International Drive. That land they sold is somewhat land locked and I wouldn't want to see them provide an easement and access to that land through SVV to those apartments. Perhaps the same developer is buying the land that fronts I-Drive as well?

Given how Marriott and Vistana have converted to points systems both with DC and Flex, it seems Orlando is all of a sudden no longer an ideal location to build new resorts. They can't price the weeks high enough to make as much of a profit as they can in other locations where they can create a higher point levels to add a lot more points to the system to sell.

It is also good to see them updating Amelia. When we stayed there a while back for a single night it was pretty dated. We really like the renovations they did over in Key West. The furnishings are not up to Marriott resort standards, but still pretty nice. I just wish they would go with stainless steel appliances. Gives the kitchen a bit more of a high end look.

All good insights! Yes, so it seems two apartment developments are happening right next to SVV...one on land which apparently was never Vistana's, and then the one I described above. Check out the graphic below which shows the development sites next to Key West. Definitely will be some road expansion on Wildwood Ave, and maybe Westwood Ave? (Does it look like a road will run right through the drive to Key West? Hoping we're not impacted by construction noise the next time we stay...

aerial_land_south beach.jpg

The plans looked fun for the newest phase, so I was a bit disappointed (there was even an article saying construction was about to start in early 2016 - not sure what stopped the development then, maybe ILG's takeover?) But I think you're right about the points systems and Orlando inventory - Marriott just has so much in the Orlando area.

We've never stayed in Amelia, but yes, I was very happy with the Key West renovations! Interesting to hear your comment about the Marriott resorts having higher-quality furniture. The only Marriott resort we've tried is Lakeshore Reserve, which was twonderful. How does SVV compare to the other resorts, like Grande Vista?

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Does anyone have the Sheraton Flex presentation?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Does anyone have the Sheraton Flex presentation?
I would be interested in seeing this (I can use to update the FAQ). Also the Aventuras presentation would be useful.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Any other presentation links? Thanks!

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was able to get into a newly renovated 2BR in Amelia to get some video of the renovations. I admit, they look really nice. I will have a before and after video sometime in January to show the changes in detail.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I was able to get into a newly renovated 2BR in Amelia to get some video of the renovations. I admit, they look really nice. I will have a before and after video sometime in January to show the changes in detail.

Awesome!! Can't wait to see it :)