• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2020 Massanutten Resort Fee Update & Woodstone MFs

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Knowing that I can get the boost and purchase a couple of stub weeks is fantastic =)

I would say it is high probability, but not a certainty. Massanutten has run the program this way for years. They are always clear there is no guarantee of the program being continued.

An interesting thing that happened to me is the stub weeks cost $15 per TPU. Two of the ones I bought were 10 TPUs. When they were deposited in my newly established RCI weeks account, I saw they were weeks Massanutten had deposited less than 9 mos out that would have been worth 16 points had they been deposited earlier. RCI let me pay to restore them to full value, which gave me 12 more TPUs at less than $15 each. I am going to have to pay a combine fee before some of the deposits start to expire next February.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
True enough, I should not have said knowing that I can get them - it's knowing that not yet having a weeks account isn't necessarily a dealbreaker that is wonderful news.

That deposit restore trick is another great tidbit - I can always hope for similar weeks =). Thanks again!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The Mountainside Villas resort fee loophole was nice while it lasted. I have noticed the following passage now appears under the RCI fees section for Mountainside Villas.

A $60.00 U.S. currency Resort Fee will be charged for all in-bounds starting in 2020.​

This is comparable to the $59.50 that a Massanutten owner would pay staying at the other 2 BR condos in Massanutten. It is less expensive than the $91 someone not owning at Massanutten would pay when trading into the resort for a 2 BR unit.

Just as an FYI the Mountainside Villas have no nightly or weekly resort fees and sleep up to 8 in the 2BR loft unit.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Well that is disappointing.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Just wondering how maintenance fees work for biennials and triennials at Massanutten - it appears that it might be different from one resort to another. I just purchased a Regal Vistas biennial in points, and it appears that it costs a $25 annual fee to 'split' the maintenance fee - this is for the version that gets you a two bedroom unit every year, instead of a four bedroom unit every other year. I've seen other Massanutten ownerships that appear to work differently - some don't appear to charge an additional fee, and some seem to charge a percentage based fee. Anyone familiar with enough of these b properties to know how it all works?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I haven't seen any that are % based but I only own biennial Summit (that actually get the 4 BR EOY), annual Woodstone, and 2 biennial Regal Vistas (week 29 and 30) 2BR every year. I do get charged the $25 on Regal Vistas. I don't get charged on the Summit but it might be because I don't split the usage to make it every year in a 2 BR.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It was labeled as a $50 internal exchange fee on the biennial Summit I owned that was a 2 BR every year alternating between the full and partial kitchen. Likely covered in the original paperwork.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much will it costs in Resort fees (Mountain Villas) for a non owner to exchange into this resort in 2020?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much will it costs in Resort fees (Mountain Villas) for a non owner to exchange into this resort in 2020?

The way I read the fees section on RCI, someone exchanging into Mountainside Villas will pay a $60 resort fee.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have no financial interest in this ebay auction, and I cannot vouch for the seller or the accuracy of the ad.

That said, IF the description for this Massanutten property is fully accurate it appears it could be a Massanutten/RCI Points bargain.

2 BR Regal Vistas Annual Week 29 (It is a prime week. I own that week in Woodstone Points.)
Says "ownership can be used as 89,000 RCI points annually"
[Update: when asked the seller says it is RCI Points enrolled]
If if the MFs are $520 as listed, the ratio works out to $0.0058/pt.
2020 MFs paid, buyer to get usage
seller to also pay closing costs

I have had good experience buying on eBay, but know nothing of this seller. Anyone interested should do due diligence and for sure get estoppel info and verify RCI Points enrollment.

I have carefully been watching for Massanutten RCI Points enrolled properties on eBay, and this listing is a rarity. I bought the last 137k point Woodstone property to sell on eBay, and that was 14 months ago.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have no financial interest in this ebay auction, and I cannot vouch for the seller or the accuracy of the ad.

That said, IF the description for this Massanutten property is fully accurate it appears it could be a Massanutten/RCI Points bargain.

2 BR Regal Vistas Annual Week 29 (It is a prime week. I own that week in Woodstone Points.)
Says "ownership can be used as 89,000 RCI points annually"
If it is truly enrolled in RCI points and MFs are $520 as listed, the ratio works out to $0.0058/pt.
2020 MFs paid, buyer to get usage
seller to also pay closing costs

I have had good experience buying on eBay, but know nothing of this seller. Anyone interested should do due diligence and for sure get estoppel info and verify RCI Points enrollment.

I have carefully been watching for Massanutten RCI Points enrolled properties on eBay, and this listing is a rarity. I bought the last 137k point Woodstone property to sell on eBay, and that was 14 months ago.
I don't see where it is actually converted. Usually when something is in RCI points they are pretty explicit about mentioning the rci set up and transfer fees. If anyone is bidding they would want to verify that the week has been converted into points. Even if not a summer week in regal vista is pretty nice if the bidding price is low enough.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I was buying, I would want to see something official before I paid. However, I asked the seller and he says it is RCI Points enrolled.

1579280346592.png

It amazes me how many commercial ebay sellers are clearly just making money (fees on the previous owner) moving timeshares and don't care about maximizing the high bids for what they are selling. I bought a Grandview EOY 122K points for less than $450.00. Once the deal transferred to me, I got over 200,000 RCI points the previous owner had build up in their account. Gosh knows, people would have been willing to bid more had that been advertised in the listing.

I don't see where it is actually converted. Usually when something is in RCI points they are pretty explicit about mentioning the rci set up and transfer fees. If anyone is bidding they would want to verify that the week has been converted into points. Even if not a summer week in regal vista is pretty nice if the bidding price is low enough.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- Polynesian (2017)
I just booked a 2021 Extra Vacations RCI stay at Summit, and the confirmation says:

Service fee is 10.95 to 21.90 U.S. dollars. Cash or Credit is accepted. Per night per lock off side occupied. Applies to all bookings made prior to Jan 3 2020.

Nothing about bookings made after 2020. I would contact Massanutten directly to verify, but by time it's 2021, things will likely change, anyway. Fingers crossed that I will not have to pay any service fee.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked a 2021 Extra Vacations RCI stay at Summit, and the confirmation says:

Service fee is 10.95 to 21.90 U.S. dollars. Cash or Credit is accepted. Per night per lock off side occupied. Applies to all bookings made prior to Jan 3 2020.

Nothing about bookings made after 2020. I would contact Massanutten directly to verify, but by time it's 2021, things will likely change, anyway. Fingers crossed that I will not have to pay any service fee.
I believe the 2020 fees are something like $5.95 per bedroom- so $11.90 per day if you have a 2 BR. As you said it could change by 2021. I expect it to go up slightly not go away though. They are pretty invested in collecting the resort fee.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanuttern Resort Fees:

Service fee is $6.50 per bedroom - per night - cash or credit
Applies to all booking made on or after - January 3, 2020

Source: RCI

The RCI Exchange fee is $239 week
Plus The Massanutten - Resort Fee..

:( $26.00 a day for a 4 bedroom unit :(

Last edited: