• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Looking at selling 107,000 points at Gatlinburg HICV

jupe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the misfortune for most buyers is that the high of returning for vacation clouds you until you make it through the rescission period.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think the misfortune for most buyers is that the high of returning for vacation clouds you until you make it through the rescission period.
absolutely. that is one of the reasons they pressure you to attend early on.

mikcute

Reaction score
I think deeded points have more value the trust points. At least the deeded points revert to the fixed week. Trust points get burdened with all those new limitations
Do you know what the “new limitations” are when buying trust point in the resale market? I’m looking into getting more points in the next couple of years.
So far i’ve gathered that deeded points will revert back to weeks, unless it’s from Gatlinburg, Myrtle, or Lake Geneva.
i also understand that buying into resale won’t qualify the points into your membership status unless you buy into HICV the same amount of points.
Any other suggestions, tips, and tricks before I purchase more points?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
resale trust points can't be borrowed or saved. You also can't use guest certs on resale trust points- you have to be there to check in, you can't send guests. I don't know how either of these would work if you already have points. Would they know and apply different rules to reservations booked with resale trust points? The final restriction is a shorter booking window. I don't remember if it is 60 days, 90 days or 6 months and you are restricted to only booking trust inventory, not inventory from enrolled deeded HICV members. If you are thinking about getting resale trust points you should read the 300 page offering statement. In any case even if the restriction is 6 months vs 10 months for everyone else, it will restrict your ability to use the points at the popular smaller resorts during prime time.

The club rules lay out these restrictions but no one has reported back with real experiences as to whether the web site has been programed to actually implements those restrictions currently. In any case even if they do not now (because it would apply to so few owners) it is possible that those restrictions would be applied in the future.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
Do you know what the “new limitations” are when buying trust point in the resale market? I’m looking into getting more points in the next couple of years.
So far i’ve gathered that deeded points will revert back to weeks, unless it’s from Gatlinburg, Myrtle, or Lake Geneva.
i also understand that buying into resale won’t qualify the points into your membership status unless you buy into HICV the same amount of points.
Any other suggestions, tips, and tricks before I purchase more points?
You don't always have to buy the same amount of points to get resale points to be included in your club membership. It depends on how hungry they are to get sales. Because of the pandemic they recently had an offer to buy 6,000 points to bring any resale week in. I brought a sunset cove week worth 325,000 points in by doing that. There is no guarantee but if your patience i think you would be able to work a deal to get a resale week in. Just buy one with lots of points and a low maintenance fee to make it worth it. Vegas has some really good maintenance fees.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
You don't always have to buy the same amount of points to get resale points to be included in your club membership. It depends on how hungry they are to get sales. Because of the pandemic they recently had an offer to buy 6,000 points to bring any resale week in. I brought a sunset cove week worth 325,000 points in by doing that. There is no guarantee but if your patience i think you would be able to work a deal to get a resale week in. Just buy one with lots of points and a low maintenance fee to make it worth it. Vegas has some really good maintenance fees.
Actually correction, it was 30,000 points for $6000. Not 6000 points. You could buy 30,000 points to bring one week in, 60,000 points to bring two weeks in, or 90,000 points to bring 3 weeks in.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC

They used to do this all the time, allow you to bring in any resale you had if you bought something from them
We owned several resale weeks and bought a couple from HICV and with all we did we ended up with just over a million points for a lot less than what it would’ve cost from the developer

Our sales guy was able ( probably nothing special ) to give us a 30-45 day note that anything we had in the works would be allowed in
We bought week 52 3br on eBay and another one with high point values and week 52 also gives us a free weeks worth of points every few years when there would be a week 53 for no cost