• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2019] Any news on the sunset clause for Foxrun?

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
From Jeanette Elliott, General Manager: The vote was passed for documents to be amended so that the Sunset Clause will be removed. A newsletter will be sent out once the attorney has everything filed with the court.
Thanks for the follow up.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks everyone for the update as former owner of Fox Run I was curious to know how this issue ended!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Fees are staying manageable at Foxrun. For 2021 year the fees are $840 with property taxes included, all are 2 bedroom. I was still hoping I could be done with Foxrun as a timeshare because it's just two weeks that we really don't need.

I am trying to sell and give away a bunch of our weeks, Foxrun are two of the ones I am anxious to be done with. Just trying to back out of a lot of what we own. It's necessary as we age. The kids don't need to deal with my overbuying.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember when I bought my foxrun unit, and how I was going to trade for vacations with the little kids as they grew up. One is 26 and the other is 22. I got my monies worth. I'm going to keep mine for as long as I'm able. I still only have three timeshares and some Marriott points so the cost isn't a burden yet. I wish I could still get Disney.......

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I regularly look for timeshares in the Gatlinburg/Asheville area on II in the shoulder seasons of May and late September/early October. I've traded my Marriott Orlando Grand Vista studio for Gatlinburg Town Square. I look for getaways. One problem that I have with trying to trade into resorts that aren't big names is I never know whether any units are handicapped accessible. My husband uses a scooter for distance. He uses walking sticks in the unit, but we have to be able to get the scooter IN the unit to charge. It seems it is a crap shoot. Many times I call and can't get a straight answer either. Just FYI for those with the pull to put something up about accessibility in their listings.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am so sorry to report that Becky Varn, longtime fan of Foxrun (sold my weeks to me and to many others) passed away last year, January of 2020, just months after her posts here on TUG to defend her beloved Foxrun. :cry:

So sorry for the loss of a devoted board member.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to report that Becky Varn, longtime fan of Foxrun (sold my weeks to me and to many others) passed away last year, January of 2020, just months after her posts here on TUG to defend her beloved Foxrun. :cry:

So sorry for the loss of a devoted board member.

Thanks for sharing!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. She was a great ambassador and advocate for the resort. So sad to hear.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bringing this back up to the top.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember when I bought my foxrun unit, and how I was going to trade for vacations with the little kids as they grew up. One is 26 and the other is 22. I got my monies worth. I'm going to keep mine for as long as I'm able. I still only have three timeshares and some Marriott points so the cost isn't a burden yet. I wish I could still get Disney.......
And now you can again!