• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2019] ”Bistro Kitchen” in 2bdr Suite atRitz Carlton Club St Thomas

fdough1

Reaction score
Just booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Ritz club in St Thomas. This is not a full kitchen but a “bistro kitchen”. Can anyone tell me what is in the kitchen? I cant find anything online.

Thanks,

FD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
No oven, two small undercounter refrigerators, no ice maker but the desk will send ice to your room, microwave and a dishwasher.

Jim, don't you find it odd that lacking an oven or a real refrigerator that they find a dishwasher is necessary? I found the same thing at the Waikoloa Ocean Club on the Big Island - absolutely beautiful location and the suites are wonderful and there is a very nice kitchen which has everything except a stove but it sure did have a dishwasher.

fdough1

Reaction score
So how does the suite compare to the 2 bedroom residence other than the kitchen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The second bedroom of the suite has two beds (King size, I think), whereas the second bedroom of the Villas has just one bed.

We stayed in a 2BR Villa last April and liked the larger kitchen (although we really didn't need the full kitchen), but I would have preferred the additional bedding in the Suite. They have similar "living space". The 2BR Villas also has a half bath that does not exist in the 2BR Suite.

But they are both lovely :)

Best,

Greg

fdough1

Reaction score
So we spent 3 days in suite the transferred to 2 NR residence.

Suite was ok with very small fridge, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher. It was ok for two people but since we cook and eat in a lot it wasn’t optimal. Would stay in again in a pinch.

Residence on the other hand was huge and kitchen perfect. Definitely luxury compared to suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also booked a suite, and I called the resort to better understand the limited kitchen. I was surprised to hear there is a small cooktop and a convection microwave. Regarding the fridges, it sounds like they are not the tiniest of under counter fridges, they might be actually be bigger than what’s in Marriott lock-offs, but I’m guessing there is no ice machine in the freezer? They told me that they provide coolers and ice if necessary. Sounded like this is a common request.

Since we are two adults alone, we are not too worried, but if we were a family with kids it might be a bit tight.

fdough1

Reaction score
Yes there is an ice maker in the fridge...takes up most of the room. They are good at bringing coolers with ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk