• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am starting to worry again. My rescission was delivered last Tuesday. But I haven't heard anything or seen any changes in my account yet. How long did it typically take everyone to know the recission worked?
A lot of times they don't actually communicate with you, but they will still process it. The best indicator in these cases it to watch for a refund of your down payment. If you used a credit card, you'd see a credit back to that card, etc. Sometimes it will take a while, but they do have a timeframe they have to process the refund and recission to be in compliance with the law. Can't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say somewhere in the 30 to 40 day window for most jurisdictions.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am starting to worry again. My rescission was delivered last Tuesday. But I haven't heard anything or seen any changes in my account yet. How long did it typically take everyone to know the recission worked?

Your rescission worked if you had it Postmarked within the legally allowable rescission timeframe.

Refunds can take as long as 45 days, so go celebrate and think about buying resale the next time around.

pushover23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Week 2 1/2 post recission letter sending. Still nothing. But blue green keeps sending me links for a survey about my experience during their presentation.

tonym1865

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, folks … I bought 9000 BG points some years ago on eBay for $1. No regrets. But this weekend while staying at the Elian in San Antonio (great resort, btw), we did the routine “update.” I’ve done it plenty of times. But this time was the first time I’d seen the Travelers Plus Elite program. Short version is that we bought 4000 retail points to get access to that program. I understand how to rescind, and am still doing some research. So, from you experts to a newbie in this area - is there a way to have access to Travelers Plus by NOT having to buy more points, or are points on the resale market eligible for Travelers Plus? I’m looking at more information than I can absorb, and I’m old and not as savvy as I once was. ;)

Time is ticking away for me to make that rescind move, so a timely answer from brilliant people like yourself is MOST appreciated!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Soooo, TP is essentially a travel club/booking site similar to using Expedia or RCI travel that you already have access to.
4000 points x $3.50-4.00 = $14,000-$16,000

What is it you think you will get from adding TP to your ownership?
Since this is a retail purchase, you will get access to Bonus Time at all resorts.
Do you use Bonus Time?
and with the purchase of BG by Hilton, BG resorts will be available to all HVC Max owners at 6 months out leaving very little Bonus Time at 45/48 days out for BG owners.

My reason for making a retail purchase in 2010was to have access to RCI Point Resorts ( different than weeks and can be booked 2-14 days at a time)
But with only 9,000 points it is not likely you use RCI.

I have never used Travelers Plus in the 13 years I have owned with BG,

@tonym1865

tonym1865

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soooo, TP is essentially a travel club/booking site similar to using Expedia or RCI travel that you already have access to.
4000 points x $3.50-4.00 = $14,000-$16,000

What is it you think you will get from adding TP to your ownership?
Since this is a retail purchase, you will get access to Bonus Time at all resorts.
Do you use Bonus Time?
and with the purchase of BG by Hilton, BG resorts will be available to all HVC Max owners at 6 months out leaving very little Bonus Time at 45/48 days out for BG owners.

My reason for making a retail purchase in 2010was to have access to RCI Point Resorts ( different than weeks and can be booked 2-14 days at a time)
But with only 9,000 points it is not likely you use RCI.

I have never used Travelers Plus in the 13 years I have owned with BG,

@tonym1865
That's helpful. We now have 13,000 points, which in the grand scheme of things isn't much. What was appealing to us was the ability to book RCI in daily increments. Hot weeks for 3000 was intriguing. Bonus time, another plus. My wife and I are still working, and we have generous vacation time. But it would be a couple of years before we could take full advantage. And we tend toward shorter vacations, maybe 4 or 5 nights. TP Elite "looks" good, but if I could get that without having to buy retail points, I'd for sure do that. Is that even possible? (As an aside, we're also Disney Vacation Club owners, have been since 2006, and use the heck out of it. We bought BG initially to trade, since using Disney points outside of Disney is an awful use of points.)

bgsuckersmh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all! I would like to thank everyone at advance for all their posts and replies. My phone is suggestions in this letter and since my cancellation letter within the prescribed time. The only problem I've discovered after sending it is according to the contract it did not specify to send the letter ATTN to any one. Just specifically have blue green theme and address which is the same. Is this an issue? Should I resend another letter with the ATN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT listed? Will have saved me $20k!

bgsuckersmh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all! I would like to thank everyone at advance for all their posts and replies. My phone is suggestions in this letter and since my cancellation letter within the prescribed time. The only problem I've discovered after sending it is according to the contract it did not specify to send the letter ATTN to any one. Just specifically have blue green theme and address which is the same. Is this an issue? Should I resend another letter with the ATN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT listed? Will have saved me $20k!
Apologies for the errors in my initial post I was doing talk to text. That second line should have read that I sent my cancellation letter within the prescribed amount of time.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Don't worry about it. They will figure it out. Their mail is loaded with rescissions! Hopefully you sent this via Certified USPS Mail and retained a copy of the Postmarked receipt (and also a copy of all the paperwork you mailed).

NOTE: It doesn't matter when they receive your rescission paperwork but it DOES matter when it was Postmarked. I believe Bluegreen uses a Post Office Box and they do not pick up their mail daily (but not to worry). As long as you have your Postmark, and you mailed it within the required timeframe then you should be fine. Be patient and allow up to 45 days.

Good move to rescind!

Welcome to TUG.

bgsuckersmh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't worry about it. They will figure it out. Their mail is loaded with rescissions! Hopefully you sent this via Certified USPS Mail and retained a copy of the Postmarked receipt (and also a copy of all the paperwork you mailed).

NOTE: It doesn't matter when they receive your rescission paperwork but it DOES matter when it was Postmarked. I believe Bluegreen uses a Post Office Box and they do not pick up their mail daily (but not to worry). As long as you have your Postmark, and you mailed it within the required timeframe then you should be fine. Be patient and allow up to 45 days.

Good move to rescind!

Welcome to TUG.

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I did send it certified and return receipt. 🤞

bgsuckersmh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your quick reply. Send it certified and return receipt requested. 🤞

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I follow several BG Facebook groups and saw this posted.
Several people spoke up and confirmed that they did rescind via email.
And one provided a screen shot of the page in the contract that shows the way to rescind.
I think my route would be to e-mail and to follow up with US Mail but your email certainly is time stamped.

The email address is BGTN.services@bluegreenvacations.com

This is a contract signed in Florida so be sure to check this is available in the state you purchase in. It states this is for Tennessee - so please check your specific contract.
Bluegreen is based on Florida

@TUGBrian

IMG_1663.jpeg

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will post a link to this in the sticky ty!

henrydorsey

Reaction score
I just bought the 6k point ownership yesterday. I want out. I am still at resort, can I just take this bag of stuff and contracts back over to them with a letter to rescind? Do i also need to mail a certified letter? I purchased in Gatlinburg TN. How many days do I have to rescind?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just bought the 6k point ownership yesterday. I want out. I am still at resort, can I just take this bag of stuff and contracts back over to them with a letter to rescind? Do i also need to mail a certified letter? I purchased in Gatlinburg TN. How many days do I have to rescind?
Do NOT go back to sales.

See post 437 above & click on the photo below to enlarge to see Tennessee instructions.

You have 10 days to rescind in Tennessee

The email address is BGTN.services@bluegreenvacations.com

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: