• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Purchasing Villa Group resale--post all questions/answers here

dosomething0

Reaction score
Does anyone have any leads on where I can purchase a villa group gold membership at a reasonable price?
I’ve been looking at many of the timeshare resale websites and eBay for a 2 bedroom gold membership but not finding much and most are asking over $3000 for a summer membership.
At the moment we only travel in the summer because of my kids school schedule but that will change in the future.
I am open to either a summer or winter membership

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
This will require more research as the posted ads seldom have the details you need to determine exact membership types...but you might try these if you haven't already.

TUG Marketplace:
https://tug2.com/timeshare-resort/?Villa del Palmar Flamingos&ID=14398
There is one listed for VDP Flamingos ... perhaps too pricey... but that's the asking price...you can always offer lower
or
https://tug2.com/timeshare-resort/r...ads/?Villa+del+Palmar+Cabo+San+Lucas&ID=11651
VDP Cabo ... There are two listed...one maybe Premier...not clear on seasons. Prices are not out of line.

Redweek
I don't want to cross link onto to TUG
There are listings in both VDP Flamingos and VDP Cabo.

Good luck

bbb

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Keep watching ebay. These gold winter 2 bedroom weeks do show up occasionally. Maybe try the below links.

1. my resort network . On this website you need to look at listings in PV, Cabo, Nuevo Vallarta and Cancun. https://www.myresortnetwork.com/

2. redweek. On this site you need to do the same as the above website. https://www.redweek.com/?gclid=CjwK...hWB7MG6Jjg3vqTf79AAelK0eT9NGJwSBoCCO0QAvD_BwE

3. Go to the tug marketplace and request a VDP contract. https://tug2.com/MarketplaceWishResults.aspx?All Buy Wish Ads&ToBuy=True

Bill

EJC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo, Paradise Village, Lindo Mar

dosomething0

Reaction score
My understanding is a points contract reverts to just a premiere non-points membership when sold to a non-relative. When I bought a gold resale a few years ago, wording to that effect was on the transfer paper.
My understanding is that all membership types other than gold revert to premiere but gold transfers as gold.
Is that correct?

dosomething0

Reaction score
It was my understanding that all memberships other than gold revert to premier memberships when bought on the resale market.
Is it true that if you purchase a points membership from a relative the membership transfers as a points membership?
If so, is there any reason not to just say you are purchasing from a relative even if they are not related to you?

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
Points to Premier
Gold to Gold
Premier to Premier
I think all of the older than Premier contracts (VDM) have expired by now

FWIW

bbb

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
1) let your conscience be your guide
2) you will need to find a willing seller as it will require both you and the seller to be in cahoots together to explain the relationship and the surname differences
3) I don't have any data points on how closely they peer into these transfers

FWIW

bbb

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So in theory it would transfer as a points contract?

Yes. The verification process for relatives to take over the contract is a self declaration.

Good Luck

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve heard if the transfer is between family members it can transfer as points.
Is there any truth to that?

Yes. This is the only way that the contract remains a points contract.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
Of course, nothing involving a Mexican timeshare could be that easy:)
You'll need to do more due diligence. This should get you started.

From Page 21 of the UVC Club Bylaws and Regulations:
http://myuvci.com/wp-content/upload...-and-Restated-Rules-Articles-and-Bylaws-1.pdf

"Notwithstanding any provisions herein otherwise, upon the Transfer of a Villa Preferred Access Membership, the Transferor shall forfeit any and all rights to utilize any remaining Club Points associated with that Membership. If the Transferee is a Family Member of the Transferor (i.e. spouse, sibling or child), then the use rights associated with the Transferred Membership shall remain unchanged and the Transfereeshall assume the Transferor’s Club Points remaining as of the date of the Club’s recognition of the Transfer.However, if the Transferee is not a Family Member of the Transferor, then the Transferred Membership shall automatically revert to a Premier Membership without any Club Points."

You'll see that there is more verbiage regarding current state of membership, first right of refusal and blah blah blah. But this is the pertinent paragraph responding to your question. Also, there are actually four different clubs; UVC Club, VPA Club, Club Caribe (Cancun) and UVC Resorts (Loreto). Each has its own unique bylaws and slightly different policies regarding transfers/resales. (e.g., Some clubs have a 10% of original purchase price as a transfer fee.) You'll need to know the membership number to find the appropriate set of bylaws. See this link for access to all four clubs bylaws.
http://myuvci.com/vacation-club-information/

Good luck.

bbb

EJC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo, Paradise Village, Lindo Mar
My understanding is that all membership types other than gold revert to premiere but gold transfers as gold.
Is that correct?
Gold does transfer as gold. Premiere transfers as premiere. Points, to someone other than family, transfers as premiere.

dosomething0

Reaction score
Does the points based membership also have the option of the summer gold week?
In the membership 101 it looks like both gold membership and points memberships have the option of a summer week with the additional maintenance fees

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
yes...
For points it's called a preferred week...same difference.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Points to Premier
Gold to Gold
Premier to Premier
I think all of the older than Premier contracts (VDM) have expired by now

FWIW

bbb

Hi Bob.

How you doing ? I was wondering if you knew what the plan for the VDM is. I heard it was to be torn down and a new tower was taking its place but they were waiting for all of the VDM contracts to expire.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA/Elite/Gold
I really don’t know. My term on the advisory board expired a few months back so I’m not in the loop the same way I have been. Last update I heard was last October...at that time they hadn’t made any decisions. We don’t visit VDP PV so don’t have any knowledge from being there. Maybe someone else reading this has an update?

Trust your health is well! All’s well here. This retirement gig isn’t nearly as hard as everyone wanted me to think!

bbb

dosomething0

Reaction score
I just got back from Villa del Arco and I was fortunate to have stayed in a room on the elite floor. We are not elite members we just got lucky!
The upgrades are small but I think they make a huge difference. I noticed that some of the furnishings are the same as what will be at the new Villa Valencia.
What are the chances of them upgrading the normal rooms at Villa Del Arco?
How often (if ever) do they do this?

connxcent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar Cabo
Yes. The verification process for relatives to take over the contract is a self declaration.

Good Luck

Bill
Can you give me any more details on how this went for you if you have purchased a resale?
I'm looking to purchase a 5K points contract resale (have checked, the points do transfer)
However other benefits are stripped down (banking / borrowing time, holiday use, elite benefits, etc)
I'm trying to explore ways to retain the benefits, although it seems like it will be difficult because the sellers would have to be involved as well, and they are just trying to get rid of the thing ASAP.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you give me any more details on how this went for you if you have purchased a resale?
I'm looking to purchase a 5K points contract resale (have checked, the points do transfer)
However other benefits are stripped down (banking / borrowing time, holiday use, elite benefits, etc)
I'm trying to explore ways to retain the benefits, although it seems like it will be difficult because the sellers would have to be involved as well, and they are just trying to get rid of the thing ASAP.

I only buy old premiere and gold winter memberships. You would have to be in an alliance with the seller and keep the relative story simple. A 5K points membership should be a good way to reserve what you want even without the other benefits, imo. You could reserve any size unit at any resort in any season with points is what I think.

Bill