• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Scammer - Thelma Rhodes (210) 646-1572

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received an email from the Marketplace from this person. We are looking to rent a unit from someone. This individual came back with a 2BR unit at Disney Boardwalk for $1,500 for 7 nights. For the June trip, this is 350 DVC points at almost $2 less per point in MF.

I knew it too good to be true so I started doing searches. Found nothing on the name. However, a search for the phone number turned up several scams and warnings. I am just adding this name and number to the list.

yankeetraveler2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received a reply to an ad I placed looking for a rental timeshare in Cancun from this same person. This person said that they were hearing impaired so they could not talk on the phone but only through email or text. Red flag! Plus the email was awkward in sentence structure and wording.

yankeetraveler2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also another reply that I received that also looked like a scammer that had almost the same language was from Philip vacationrentals zoho.com

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just another warning that anyone on the internet can send you a message thru your marketplace ad...not just TUG members.

as long as you do not reply to their email, they will not have any of your contact information! (sending messages thru the marketplace does not reveal any information to the sender)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I also received a reply to an ad I placed looking for a rental timeshare in Cancun from this same person. This person said that they were hearing impaired so they could not talk on the phone but only through email or text. Red flag! Plus the email was awkward in sentence structure and wording.

She's back! The hearing impaired nurse!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warnings and for posting the names/ email/ phone numbers to protect other TUGgers.
One of the WorldMark owners created a database with successful transactions between WorldMark owners on WMOwners.com
To help owners identify scammers, there is also a tab with the usernames, emails phone numbers of attempted scammers.

many usernames have "love" in the username with the gmail domain
It's always good to google the email (usually a throw-away gmail) and phone (often a google voice). If nothing comes up that's a red flag too, that the email/phone was recently created for the latest scam.

Last edited:

caterina25

TUG Member
Reaction score
They also added a picture in their email of a middle aged couple.It’s so sad that we need to deal with people like this.I think the biggest red flag is the price that they offer the rentals for.If it’s too good to be true ,it usually is.

AGyllen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Grand Timber Lodge at Breckenridge
It happened to me on my wish list too.They stated their names as Denis and Lisa Banks but the phone number was the same.I wasn’t comfortable with the price being half the of what the usual price should be so I started looking around and found this thread.Their email was listed as realheroslove@gmail.com buyer beware

This same person (Lisa?) also reached out to me this week regarding a week at Disney Aulani for very inexpensive. It felt too good to be true. I'm glad I found this thread on TUG.

DRIless

Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect the concern comes more when renting from someone. I would be very cautious renting from a non TUG member that has been on the forum only a short period of time and with very few posts. You wouldn't qualify in this regard.

caterina25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect the concern comes more when renting from someone. I would be very cautious renting from a non TUG member that has been on the forum only a short period of time and with very few posts. You wouldn't qualify in this regard.
I have been a member about 15 years and have rented out my timeshares as well as rented from members many times.I believe I qualify!

AGyllen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Grand Timber Lodge at Breckenridge
They also added a picture in their email of a middle aged couple.It’s so sad that we need to deal with people like this.I think the biggest red flag is the price that they offer the rentals for.If it’s too good to be true ,it usually is.
This is so sad... Did they just steal some couple's photo?! I noticed the photo too... It almost fooled me until I found this thread and saw the email and phone number mentioned here were identical.

Snickym

Reaction score
Received an email from the Marketplace from this person. We are looking to rent a unit from someone. This individual came back with a 2BR unit at Disney Boardwalk for $1,500 for 7 nights. For the June trip, this is 350 DVC points at almost $2 less per point in MF.

I knew it too good to be true so I started doing searches. Found nothing on the name. However, a search for the phone number turned up several scams and warnings. I am just adding this name and number to the list.
This scammer is still active. Received a email in response to a wish list. Thanks to others for posting the warning flags!!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This person may be renting II or RCI exchanges. So indeed this could be a scam, or they could have a valid exchange, but renting exchanges is not a good idea.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This scammer is still active. Received a email in response to a wish list. Thanks to others for posting the warning flags!!!

What name, email and phone number are they using?