• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Pickleball

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any tuggers out there playing pickleball on a regular basis? And does anyone know of RCI resorts in Canada or the US with a court or two.....even pickleball lines within a tennis court?

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any tuggers out there playing pickleball on a regular basis? And does anyone know of RCI resorts in Canada or the US with a court or two.....even pickleball lines within a tennis court?
Lots of courts here in the Siesta Key/Venice FL area!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Two resorts that we own, Surf Club and Charter Club on Marco Island, FL, have pickleball courts (they converted some tennis courts). They told us that Charter Club runs weekly tournaments (we haven't stayed there yet).

Kurt

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a growing sport! DH and sister play several times a week in courts here. My sister is a PB fanatic and brings her gear along whenever she goes on vacation. She even has heavy rubber "lines" and tapes for temporarily marking out tennis courts.

We're seeing more courts in our travels. Springfield and Branson, MO have courts that welcome anyone who wants to play. So does Kilauea, Kauai. Even the Marriott Maui timeshare's tennis court is marked for pickleball!

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

My dad's neighbrs play in Barrie (ON) & love it.
I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it & also found this; http://www.usapa.org/places-to-play-pickleball/ - it also includes Canada. Not sure if that would be of any help as it seems to list community facilities that host the game.

Looks like a fun game!

~Diane

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Never played it but becoming popular at our home resort- Smuggs.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We started to play with the private sports club that we joined a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks, I pulled my thigh muscle and my husband his back while we were playing so we have not gone back to it yet. We love it so far.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Shell/Wyndham Holua Resort in Kona HI has 3 courts at the tennis club onsite. We used the loaner equipment and played a few games last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Fairfield Bay, Arkansas has pickle ball, and if I remember correctly, they offer playing with the locals 3-5 times a week.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sanibel Beach Club has pickleball lines on the tennis courts.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, it's nice to know there are a few places I can bring my paddles. In Ontario, I know that it may be possible to play near Carriage Hills/Carriage Ridge. On the line 4 road into these twin resorts, there is a community park with a soccer pitch, two tennis courts and a multi sport concrete pad used for basketball and a mini ice rink in winter. It has been lined for 2/3 pickleball courts, and while the portable nets are privately owned I'm sure the regulars would welcome a few visitors joining in... but not taking over the courts as the resorts have no attachment to the park. When I lived in the area we used to welcome and fit in any tennis players from the resort that wandered over in the hope of playing a little, although the courts are locked to outsiders by numeric key pad.

rnsnake

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
World Mark, Iron Blossam
My wife is a pickleball fan. She plays at a couple of senior centers at least 4 times per week. I get out and play when the back and joints allow me. Our local parks have courts as does several community centers here. We'll be looking for courts on our vacations this year.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I just started playing a couple of months ago at a neighbors court in his backyard. I now also play in Laguna Niguel which has about 8 courts and organized play every day. We went out to Rancho Mirage (near the Marriott resorts) for New Years and played at some courts in the neighborhood. I also have been playing tennis for about 30 years. Its a great game and lots of fun and not quite as taxing on your body as tennis. Its making me think about quitting tennis and devoting all time to pickle ball.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Glade in TN had regular pickleball at the gym. Saw several people playing but haven't tried it yet. Looks fun
I just started playing a couple of months ago at a neighbors court in his backyard. I now also play in Laguna Niguel which has about 8 courts and organized play every day. We went out to Rancho Mirage (near the Marriott resorts) for New Years and played at some courts in the neighborhood. I also have been playing tennis for about 30 years. Its a great game and lots of fun and not quite as taxing on your body as tennis. Its making me think about quitting tennis and devoting all time to pickle ball.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
cp73....I'm a senior who has played good club tennis all my adult life, but the hard courts have wrecked my knees and I gave up club membership 3 years ago to transition full time to pickleball. I play on hard courts outdoors in summer and on wood floor gyms in winter. As the court is much smaller, I can manage to get around hardcourts outdoors in doubles and I'm ok indoors on slightly cushioned floors. Playing at a 4.0 level, and frankly, I'm getting a better workout at pickleball than doubles tennis. For tennis players the transition is easy except for those who like to rally from the back....as you would know pickleball games are largely won by taking control of the net. Google Pickleball Forum to see how this pastime is sweeping the country.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not RCI - but I noticed Marriott Grand Vista in Orlando had pickleball matches for adults on their activity sheet.

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
I play 5-6 days a week 3 hours a day. Live in The Villages Fl. We have over 100 courts now. Great exercise, easy to lean difficult to master. Pickle ball in the morning golf in the afternoon.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Steamboat Springs has several indoor courts in the “Tennis Bubble” at the base of the ski mountain.

Cheers

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barrier Island in Duck, NC did not have PB courts two years ago, but you could play next door. And there is an active group that plays indoors. You can google PB Kitty Hawk to find it. They play indoors starting in June.

pd2yvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV 1 x 6
HGVC Hokulani x 4
Misc Traders x 2
There are two outdoor pickleball courts right behind Fort DeRussy in Waikiki. Fifty feet from Waikiki beach and ocean for a swim after a game. Easy walking distance from HGVC properties at Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Hokulani, as well as other Timeshares in the Waikiki area. Would be hard to find a more picturesque location anywhere. There is also a court at the other end of Waikiki, just past the zoo, within the Diamond Head Tennis Center.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still play tennis (when I find the time), but Pickleball is really big at Eagle Crest Resort in Redmond, OR. They do both indoor and outdoor, IIRC.

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hubby and I love PB! Welk San Diego has 2 PB courts striped on a tennis court.

webgriffins

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I love Pickleball. I play here in my hometown 6 days a week 3 hours a day. I always take my paddle with me on trips. Hoping more resorts put in courts or line the tennis courts.

Whyspyguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kala Point - Port Townsend, WA
Yes our resort in Port Townsend, WA - Kala Point has 2 brand new outdoor PB courts as well as 2 beautiful outdoor tennis courts! The rec center has the paddles and balls to borrow or bring your own. I like to play but prefer tennis. Whenever I am at the resort playing tennis the PB cts are busy and loud with fun!

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island has 24 dedicated pickleball courts.