• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Marriott.com discount codes (MOD now 2VC, 6VC, 7VC)

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we bought our Marriott timeshare in 1996 we used code MOD to book Vacation Club stays on Marriott.com for a 35% discount. At least I think the discount was 35%. I understand there are new codes - 2VC, 6VC and 7VC. We are continuing to use our low season week as we always have by reserving a week, locking off and exchanging through Interval. If we converted to points we would only get 1,600ish points. The new discount codes look like we have been pushed into the 7VC code (25% discount). We rarely used the MOD discount and the last time was many years ago. Was the MOD code 35%? And, would we now be 7VC 25%? Thanks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
When we bought our Marriott timeshare in 1996 we used code MOD to book Vacation Club stays on Marriott.com for a 35% discount. At least I think the discount was 35%. I understand there are new codes - 2VC, 6VC and 7VC. We are continuing to use our low season week as we always have by reserving a week, locking off and exchanging through Interval. If we converted to points we would only get 1,600ish points. The new discount codes look like we have been pushed into the 7VC code (25% discount). We rarely used the MOD discount and the last time was many years ago. Was the MOD code 35%? And, would we now be 7VC 25%? Thanks.

Yes, that's all correct. The MOD code that gave 35% off is no longer in use, has been replaced by the VC codes:

2VC - 35% off for Presidential and Chairman's Club Members in the DC Points system
6VC - 30% off for Executive Members in the DC Points system
7VC - 25% off for Select Members in the DC Points system and Weeks Owners not affiliated with the DC system.

Also worth noting is that there's no longer a 10% additional discount component associated with using the Chase Marriott VISA to book cash stays.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Yes, that's all correct. The MOD code that gave 35% off is no longer in use, has been replaced by the VC codes:

2VC - 35% off for Presidential and Chairman's Club Members in the DC Points system
7VC - 25% off for Select Members in the DC Points system and Weeks Owners not affiliated with the DC system.

Also worth noting is that there's no longer a 10% additional discount component associated with using the Chase Marriott VISA to book cash stays.
I think the old 35% was the standard 25% + the 10% for the Visa usage?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the old 35% was the standard 25% + the 10% for the Visa usage?

No, it was 45% using the VISA on top of MOD. We had quite a few years doing winter stays at Hilton Head Island with 45% off the low-season rates.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, it was 45% using the VISA on top of MOD. We had quite a few years doing winter stays at Hilton Head Island with 45% off the low-season rates.
Yes and between the MOD and 2VC, 6VC, 7VC Owner Discount codes there was yet another set
Y85 - Premier Owner 30% Discount.
Y83 - Premier Owner 40% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Credit Card.
P34 - Premier Plus Owner 35% Discount.
P33 - Premier Plus Owner 45% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Credit Card
Never let it be said that this has been simple to follow!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I thought it used to be:

Standard Owners - 25% (35% with Marriott VISA)
Premier Owner - 30% (40% with Marriott VISA)
Premier Plus Owner - 35% (45% with Marriott VISA)

So maybe your recollection of 45% was because you were Premier Plus with the VISA card?

So the OP would have still gotten the same 25% as a Standard Owner that they get now with 7VC, but back then in the MOD days an additional 10% for using the VISA card. It's the extra 10% for the VISA that has gone away.

Last edited:

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that bites for those of us who would lose vacation time by converting our week(s) to points. Thanks and cheers anyway!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sue, I think you are confusing the prior DC Owner Codes with the old MOD code. Premier Plus Owners used to get 45% off with their code when using the Marriott. Here are the old codes before Marriott changed the ownership tiers;

MOD - Owner 25% Discount - 35% if you pay with the Marriott Visa.
Y85 - Premier Owner 30% Discount.
Y83 - Premier Owner 40% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.
P34 - Premier Plus Owner 35% Discount.
P33 - Premier Plus Owner 45% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.

The old MOD code was 25% off and if available, an additional 10%. Post #9 from this old 2010 thread seems to agree.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I can't remember ever getting 45% either. I'm a lowly owner. Not a big deal.

BigMac

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have blackout dates when they won't accept the codes, other than the place is full?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know if they have blackout dates when they won't accept the codes, other than the place is full?
No blackout dates per say. But availability and pricing is all based on availability. Depending on demand, the codes may or may not always be available.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
No blackout dates per say. But availability and pricing is all based on availability. Depending on demand, the codes may or may not always be available.
To clarify, when Dioxide says "availability" he means availability of the promotion, not that "the place is full."

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
So much for no blackout dates.

I tried to book a 1BR in BeachPlace for 2018 Presidents week and for March Break using 2vc code. Nothing. So I tried to book the same weeks paying full rate cash and all were available! A year from now?? I was trying to marry up my 2 lock off weeks with 1BR to make those weeks a full two bedroom. Price for the 1BR was almost double the annual MF for the whole 2 BR week ownership.

Tried same with Lakeshore Reserve and all kinds of availabilities with the 2vc rates year from now.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
When making a recent reservation for 1 night we noted the discount was 25% & the cash rate was the same using any of the 3 codes. It was during platinum season in Palm Desert so we may have been lucky any discount rates were available as inventory seem limited in general. This is the first time we have seen the discount be the same for all codes.

summary of codes/discounts
7VC - 25% off for Select Members in the DC Points system and Weeks Owners not affiliated with the DC system

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am slow. I used to use MOD and still tried to use it last weekend lol..We have not enrolled DC but have marriott CC. Is there a code that we can use or are we locked out as we don't at this point need points system.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am slow. I used to use MOD and still tried to use it last weekend lol..We have not enrolled DC but have marriott CC. Is there a code that we can use or are we locked out as we don't at this point need points system.
I am sure that you can use 7VC.

From post 2;

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until the last sales presentation we went to we had always pretty much ignored the discount codes. A couple of weeks ago in a pretty poor presentation the salesperson touted this as a big deal but gave us the MOD code to use. Obviously bad info. What do the discount codes apply to? Just using Destination Points at VAC properties or is it useful at any Marriott property (which is what the agent had indicated.) If I have this right, as we're in Chairman's Club we would use the 2VC code? Where do you enter the code or is on phone reservations only? Thanks in advance for the help.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Until the last sales presentation we went to we had always pretty much ignored the discount codes. A couple of weeks ago in a pretty poor presentation the salesperson touted this as a big deal but gave us the MOD code to use. Obviously bad info. What do the discount codes apply to? Just using Destination Points at VAC properties or is it useful at any Marriott property (which is what the agent had indicated.) If I have this right, as we're in Chairman's Club we would use the 2VC code? Where do you enter the code or is on phone reservations only? Thanks in advance for the help.

The VC codes are for discounts on cash stays. There are also status-related discounts for last-minute stays using DC Points. Check out the "Member Discounts" section on Page 3 of the FAQ - MVC DESTINATIONS Points Program sticky thread.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
The discount codes are intended just for cash bookings at MVC resorts.
However, MVC and Marriott systems often take a long time to catch up, so some of the old codes occasionally do still work at Marriott hotels.
And you don't have to phone, you can use them online.
You just go via marriott.com, search by destination and select special rates, corporate/promo code.

BigMac

Reaction score

I tried to book a 1BR in BeachPlace for 2018 Presidents week and for March Break using 2vc code. Nothing. So I tried to book the same weeks paying full rate cash and all were available! A year from now?? I was trying to marry up my 2 lock off weeks with 1BR to make those weeks a full two bedroom. Price for the 1BR was almost double the annual MF for the whole 2 BR week ownership.

Tried same with Lakeshore Reserve and all kinds of availabilities with the 2vc rates year from now.

I wonder whether if you had called and spoken with someone that maybe they could have freed something up because it doesn't seem right that there is availability and yet we can't get the discount.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I wonder whether if you had called and spoken with someone that maybe they could have freed something up because it doesn't seem right that there is availability and yet we can't get the discount.

I'm not surprised at all that there's no discount cash inventory available for those two highest-demand periods. These are capacity-controlled and if the hotel/resort can forecast a full house, which is practically certain for President's Week and March Break, they're under no obligation to push rooms via discounts.

In that way the cash discounts for timeshare owners differ from the DC Members' points discounts on last-minute stays, wherein if there's availability and you're booking within the specified number of days prior to check-in, the discounted Points amount is automatically verified through your account and applied.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What happens if someone uses one of these codes but is not a Marriott owner? I've given various codes to friends before and haven't heard of anyone having problems.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
What happens if someone uses one of these codes but is not a Marriott owner? I've given various codes to friends before and haven't heard of anyone having problems.
Because these rates are demand controlled, it means that at some point, a real owner will not be able to book it because a non owner did.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because these rates are demand controlled, it means that at some point, a real owner will not be able to book it because a non owner did.
I had rather naively and perhaps wrongly understood that Owner status was checked when using these Discount Codes.
If not, it certainly should be and it is very disappointing to hear that non Owners may be given these codes to use.