• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Help!! Just bought a Wyndham timeshare on Thursday!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
My husband and I just bought a Wyndham timeshare on Thursday from bonnet creek and are not sure if we need to cancel or not , we just found this forum yesterday . And now I think I need to cancel and buy resale but we know nothing about any of this. We bought 84,000 points for $17,198.70. We got 84,000 bonus points for only 2 years.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I just bought a Wyndham timeshare on Thursday from bonnet creek and are not sure if we need to cancel or not , we just found this forum yesterday . And now I think I need to cancel and buy resale but we know nothing about any of this. We bought 84,000 points for $17,198.70. We got 84,000 bonus points for only 2 years.

Let me be the first to say, rescind the deal while you still can. Glad you came here within time. Research Wyndham. With 84k in points you won't be able to do a lot. If after you do your research and still want to purchase you can find a lot more points here on TUB, eBay, etc and save at least $15k.

Let's do the math, you paid $200 per 1,000 in points. You can pay $5 per 1,000 in points or even on larger contracts less.

Reaction score
Rescind as fast as you can....84000 points won't get you much vacation.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancel ... DON'T think ... you only have a VERY SMALL window which will be closed in a "SHORT" (days) period.

If you decide to buy from Wyndham directly ... you will know more to get a BETTER deal or the RIGHT ownership for yourself. BONUS points are very common ... like every first time buyer gets. (WHY? so you go to their resorts and you will BUY MORE (developer) points ... as you are still in the "love the kool aid" mode.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
If you're "not sure", you need to rescind immediately. Study this forum for awhile, then make a rational decision on buying retail or resale. Or not become an owner at all.

$17k for 84,000 points is crazy expensive for what you get. You can buy that on eBay for less than 5% of that.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thank you so much . I'm writing the letter right now to them. We paid in full with a credit card so I'm nervous that they won't refund us but the contract says that we have 10 days to cancel. So I'm going to the post office before they close today, to send the certified letter. We live in ga and bought will we were in Orlando this week

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Congratulations on finding TUG in time! You are making a very wise decision to rescind now while you still can. Stick around TUG--it's a great place to learn everything there is to know about timesharing plus a lot of other very interesting stuff!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thank u !! I think we did . My husband is on the way to the post office with the letter right now. I'm so glad we found this site before it was too late . I can't thank u all enough. We really want a timeshare so we're going to buy a resale one. On here or eBay. I'm a little nervous that they r going to try and keep my money since we paid in full.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
If you rescind properly, you will get your deposit back. Don't worry.

But double check your rescission letter; if you followed the format in the advice article, you are fine.

If you still like the idea of timesharing, take your time, research (for a few months, really), and then buy resale.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Here is what we just sent, I wrote this before I read the cancel thread. Do you think this is ok? If not I will send out another letter.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.., Attention:Accounting Servicing Operations, Rescission Department

To whom it may concern, This letter is in regards to timeshare for and Jennifer Gazaway, We are formally writing to notify Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. that we would like to rescind our contract for purchase of timeshare points that was made on Thursday, February 23 2017. We have included a copy of the closing disclosure & Receipt for Timeshare documents along with this letter. We would like for our credit card to be refunded in full for this purchase as we are still in our 10 day period. No further contact to us is requested. Please refund our credit card account upon receipt of this letter, we have already notified the credit card company as well. If you need any further assistance or information from us, you can reach at or Jennifer at Please only use these phone numbers for cancellation or refund purposes only. Please no more soliciting.
Thank you,
& Jennifer Gazaway

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
If you rescind properly, you will get your deposit back. Don't worry.

But double check your rescission letter; if you followed the format in the advice article, you are fine.

If you still like the idea of timesharing, take your time, research (for a few months, really), and then buy resale.

Thanks, I think my letter is ok. I didn't see the thread till after my husband went to the post office because as soon as I seen everyone saying cancel, I cancelled right away. I will write another one if I need to.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thanks, I think my letter is ok. I didn't see the thread till after my husband went to the post office because as soon as I seen everyone saying cancel, I cancelled right away. I will write another one if I need to.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.., Attention:Accounting Servicing Operations, Rescission Department

To whom it may concern, This letter is in regards to timeshare for and Jennifer Gazaway, We are formally writing to notify Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. that we would like to rescind our contract for purchase of timeshare points that was made on Thursday, February 23 2017. We have included a copy of the closing disclosure & Receipt for Timeshare documents along with this letter. We would like for our credit card to be refunded in full for this purchase as we are still in our 10 day period. No further contact to us is requested. Please refund our credit card account upon receipt of this letter, we have already notified the credit card company as well. If you need any further assistance or information from us, you can reach at or Jennifer at . Please only use these phone numbers for cancellation or refund purposes only. Please no more soliciting.
Thank you,
& Jennifer Gazaway

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
There should be a rescission letter and envelope in your packet of paperwork. If you and your husband are listed both of you have to sign. If that's the case you will have to send a second letter with both signatures.

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
Joining the rescind chorus, although it seems the initial responses were already enough to convince you, good decision!

Wyndham may try to contact you to get you to change your mind. Don't.

Wyndham resorts are great, but either buy resale, or if you really want to buy direct from Wyndham, do more research. Worst case you'd get a better deal. Best case, you'll buy resale (as we did) and get a multiple of the points for a small fraction of the cost.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
No further contact to us is requested. Please refund our credit card account upon receipt of this letter, we have already notified the credit card company as well. If you need any further assistance or information from us, you can reach at or Jennifer at . Please only use these phone numbers for cancellation or refund purposes only. Please no more soliciting.

Keep in mind that they might ignore such a request to avoid further contact. It is possible that someone will contact you to try to get you to reverse your decision to rescind. He might make the offer more attractive (eg. "Those 84,000 bonus points will be good for three years instead of two, etc.)." Do not answer any suspicious calls while your rescission request is still in progress. They have no need to contact you about your rescission. Once they receive the request within the time frame, they are legally obligated to comply.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score

To whom it may concern, This letter is in regards to timeshare for and Jennifer Gazaway, We are formally writing to notify Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. that we would like to rescind our contract for purchase of timeshare points that was made on Thursday, February 23 2017. We have included a copy of the closing disclosure & Receipt for Timeshare documents along with this letter. We would like for our credit card to be refunded in full for this purchase as we are still in our 10 day period. No further contact to us is requested. Please refund our credit card account upon receipt of this letter, we have already notified the credit card company as well. If you need any further assistance or information from us, you can reach at or Jennifer at . Please only use these phone numbers for cancellation or refund purposes only. Please no more soliciting.
Thank you,
& Jennifer Gazaway
If you haven't already posted it, mail it CERTIFIED so you can prove the delivery. it's worth the extra $$ to get your payment refunded. Also, for sure use the recision letters found in your packet like Braindead and Linda suggested.

If everything is done "to the letter" using their rescind documentation, then legally they MUST and WILL refund you. It won't be immediate however. Plan on 3-6 weeks to see a reversal on your CC.

Good job finding TUG and welcome! :hi:

Lots of information here about TSs and Wyndham.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
There should be a rescission letter and envelope in your packet of paperwork. If you and your husband are listed both of you have to sign. If that's the case you will have to send a second letter with both signatures.
I did have both our names, he had me take off his name, address and phone numbers from my post because it was public. Thank u for your help.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thank you. We did mail it cert
If you haven't already posted it, mail it CERTIFIED so you can prove the delivery. it's worth the extra $$ to get your payment refunded. Also, for sure use the recision letters found in your packet like Braindead and Linda suggested.

If everything is done "to the letter" using their rescind documentation, then legally they MUST and WILL refund you. It won't be immediate however. Plan on 3-6 weeks to see a reversal on your CC.

Good job finding TUG and welcome! :hi:

Lots of information here about TSs and Wyndham.
Thank u, we sent it certified, we live in the country so we just called the post office and are changing the letter out to match the one posted here. I'm so glad I found this site. It just saved me $17k

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Keep in mind that they might ignore such a request to avoid further contact. It is possible that someone will contact you to try to get you to reverse your decision to rescind. He might make the offer more attractive (eg. "Those 84,000 bonus points will be good for three years instead of two, etc.)." Do not answer any suspicious calls while your rescission request is still in progress. They have no need to contact you about your rescission. Once they receive the request within the time frame, they are legally obligated to comply.
Thank you. I will not answer any in known calls till this is done. We weren't going to put our numbers on there but then we figured they had them anyway so if they're going to call they'll call. Our mind is made up we are not buying it, we didn't have the $17,000 anyways we were putting it on a credit card . I'm so glad I found this site thank you so much

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Joining the rescind chorus, although it seems the initial responses were already enough to convince you, good decision!

Wyndham may try to contact you to get you to change your mind. Don't.

Wyndham resorts are great, but either buy resale, or if you really want to buy direct from Wyndham, do more research. Worst case you'd get a better deal. Best case, you'll buy resale (as we did) and get a multiple of the points for a small fraction of the cost.
Thank you!! Thank you!! We do plan to buy resale now!!! So glad I found this site before it was too late

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will not answer any in known calls till this is done. We weren't going to put our numbers on there but then we figured they had them anyway so if they're going to call they'll call. Our mind is made up we are not buying it, we didn't have the $17,000 anyways we were putting it on a credit card . I'm so glad I found this site thank you so much
OK, good job getting it all handled and saving $$!! Now....... BREATHE... pat yourself on the back and go enjoy your vacation.

You just experienced (and escaped to tell about it) a normal type of TS "Vacation Crack" sales event. It happens to some of the most experienced TS owners so you are not alone.

Come back and visit us here in TUG when you get home and are ready to spend some time researching and understanding ownership. There is a learning curve. TUG TS "school" is the best there is -- start with the stickies, take it in small bites. Information overwhelm is a thing! The struggle is REAL but to many, so worth it!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, good job getting it all handled and saving $$!! Now....... BREATHE... pat yourself on the back and go enjoy your vacation.

You just experienced (and escaped to tell about it) a normal type of TS "Vacation Crack" sales event. It happens to some of the most experienced TS owners so you are not alone.

Come back and visit us here in TUG when you get home and are ready to spend some time researching and understanding ownership. There is a learning curve. TUG TS "school" is the best there is -- start with the stickies, take it in small bites. Information overwhelm is a thing! The struggle is REAL but to many, so worth it!

TUG School can get really addicting also but it nice when you go to your next presentation and you know more then what the sales person in front of you knows.