• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Custom House Questions

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prepping for a stay at Custom House. I know kitchen is limited with a microwave and mini fridge only. Never stayed at a Pulse location, so not sure if I should be expecting anything different from a typical MVC TS stay.

I only plan for breakfast in the room which will be cereal, yogurt and microwave pancakes (all my kid eats for breakfast) I called about what type of coffee pot they have so I could bring supplies and was told they have a new type, with a pod that you slide in. Can't buy pods in stores, but they will supply.

1. We drink a decent amount of coffee in the morning, do they really supply enough?
2. Is there daily cleaning that restocks them? Or typical midweek clean.
3. Dishes...I can see in the pic there is a sink, but I'm thinking of bringing a few paper plates and plastic cutlery. Really don't feel like dealing with dirty dishes. Good idea?
4. I assume pulse location will still provide tiny shampoo, conditioner and soap. Correct?

We were going to take the T in to avoid the parking fee of $42 per day. Now I am rethinking and may bring the car. Any places cheaper close by?

Anything else I should be aware of?

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they still serve fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon, but I remember how welcoming the smell, and taste were when coming "home".

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
We were there last October. They had the chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. I wouldn't rent a car full time. Too much traffic in Boston and I imagine parking is expensive and very limited. You don't need a car in Boston. If you want to rent a car for a day to drive out of the city you can coordinate through Custom House and they will have it delivered for you. Otherwise the car rental is only a couple of blocks away. I don't recall which one it was. I don't remember how much coffee we had since it was enough for us. Also yes they have toiletries. If not enough just ask housekeeping for more. Boston is a great city with lots to do within walking distance or a short subway or uber drive away. Its very easy to get to from airport on subway. About 5 minutes walk out station and your there.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh and I stayed in Boston last October (not the Custom House). We walked everywhere, never even took the T.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Traffic in Boston is some of the worst I've seen, and I live in Miami!

The interstates are packed, the city lights make it forever to get somewhere and even the outlying areas like Harvard and cars and pedestrians everywhere.

Being that I spent a lot of my youth driving for work (pleasure ), I was more accustomed to this (and since I live in Miami). My dad (mid 60s from Orlando) hated every minute of driving.

Avoid cars if u can, too much transportation and parking is $50/day once you factor taxes. If going for a trip north like R.I or N.H, take the train to Logan and rent the car there so you can already be ahead of the city maddness ..

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Actually we found the pedestrians to be worse than the drivers in Boston. They are nuts.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prepping for a stay at Custom House. I know kitchen is limited with a microwave and mini fridge only. Never stayed at a Pulse location, so not sure if I should be expecting anything different from a typical MVC TS stay.

I only plan for breakfast in the room which will be cereal, yogurt and microwave pancakes (all my kid eats for breakfast) I called about what type of coffee pot they have so I could bring supplies and was told they have a new type, with a pod that you slide in. Can't buy pods in stores, but they will supply.

1. We drink a decent amount of coffee in the morning, do they really supply enough?
2. Is there daily cleaning that restocks them? Or typical midweek clean.
3. Dishes...I can see in the pic there is a sink, but I'm thinking of bringing a few paper plates and plastic cutlery. Really don't feel like dealing with dirty dishes. Good idea?
4. I assume pulse location will still provide tiny shampoo, conditioner and soap. Correct?

We were going to take the T in to avoid the parking fee of $42 per day. Now I am rethinking and may bring the car. Any places cheaper close by?

Anything else I should be aware of?

I'll try and answer your questions:

Coffee & Cleaning: You do have a daily cleaning service much like you would in any city Hotel. They do supply the small bags of coffee every day (as well as soaps), however the counting room (on the 1st floor) provides free coffee all day long at no charge. Additionally, there is a Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks about a block away as you head up State Street.

Dishes; They do provide nice silverware and dishes, however you are your own dishwasher! If you have a hangup with doing dishes in the TINY kitchen sink then it likely is a good idea to bring your own disposable plates and utensils.

As for your car? Don't bring it into the city unless you find you will be using it daily. It's costly, and the MBTA is a far better way to get around the city. I suggest leaving your car at the Anderson Regional Transportation Center in Woburn, Massachusetts for about $7 per day. The commuter rail station is right there and takes you right into North Station (which is about a 20 minute walk to the Custom House). There are other outlying stations that offer the same convenience such as Alewife in Cambridge and Riverside in Newton.

Try to obtain a Villa on the 10th floor if you like a larger sized unit. The Villas become smaller if you go higher than the 10th floor (as the building becomes narrower as it goes higher). They do have a few townhouse style units on the second floor but I don't recommend them (the bedroom is upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs; enough said?).

Enjoy your time in Boston!

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
The Black Rose across the street serves a nice breakfast...with a discount for folks staying at the Custom house. As for a car: I would do without, if I were you. The area is very walkable, as are the sidewalks from Custom House into the North End for dining at the 66 Italian restaurants there or for visiting sites like the Old North Church. And if you want to dine in your unit, try buying clam chowder by the quart from Boston Chowda in Quincy Market and bringing it home. It's some of the best chowder in town. The hop-on, hop-off trolley tours are nice. We found half price tickets on Groupon.

Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

I know you are referring to the unit and what you will have in the way of supplies and mini-appliances, but I will refocus
your attention on what you SHOULD be expecting, which will most likely blow you away.
Forget the "stuff". You are in for a treat! As for the supply issues in each unit, it'll be virtually the same as other "resorts". You can get more of anything simply by asking, or picking up stuff around the corner at a store if needed.

Different from a typical MVC stay? You bet. Nothing like it!

It's a totally unique, historical building with stunning views in any direction. The ground floor lobby is gorgeous with all the marble, columns, and architecture. When you imagine what all is above you, it makes you feel infinitesimally small. We first visited Boston in 2013, staying at Marriott's Long Wharf Hotel. We've been back twice since then (2014 and 2016) and stayed at Custom House. We're going back again this Fall to Custom House. 4 stays in 5 years----you could safely say that we love Boston and we love Custom House.

Amazingly it's an easy trade, and we will probably go back at least every other year henceforth, or more. Our young married daughter of 3 years and her husband will be going this Fall too----they kept hearing us talk about it and they decided they wanted to see for themselves. They are staying the first 5 nights, we are staying 4 nights afterward (2-night rental added on). We all can't wait. They will be inviting another close couple (fold-out sofa, I know, but these are young people...they'll have a blast, and for them, the cost is free).

We will also be visiting with a dear friend and TUG member "jont" and his lovely wife on those last 2 nights, who will be driving over from Jersey to stay at CH in his own unit, and spend some time together (again). Can't wait!!!! See you soon, buddy!

Anyway, Custom House is amazing in every way. It's a few blocks from the historic North End, where the famous Freedom Trail is located (among other historic things like Paul Revere's House, Old North Church, USS Constitution), and where "Little Italy" is located, which has dozens and dozens of great Italian restaurants, Seafood restaurants & more, pastry shops, etc, etc. Black Rose Irish Pub is across the street. Way too much fun. We love to walk the city, and we do. Even the Saturday Produce Market is fun.

The T is located across the street. No vehicle needed or wanted! The T is easy to use, and we take that anywhere "too far to walk"---like to Harvard Yard & campus/shops, to Beacon Hill, and to Newbury Street (the shopping and cafe mecca). Also take T to the museums.
Great out-trips from Boston are possible through the concierge---to Newport to see "the Mansions", to Lexington or Concord, and beyond. The Maine coast is an easy drive, and well worth the effort. Rental vehicle can be delivered!
Ogunquit would be my recommendation for an unforgettable day trip destination to see the magnificent coastline...unforgettable! (look up "Marginal Way"---the famous walk along the cliffs there in Ogunquit).

Each of our trips has been different in our chosen activities, and this year will be slightly different again. But we do have a few favorite spots which we'll hit again---especially some amazing restaurants. America's oldest pizzeria "Regina" is a must for us.

Everything is close to Custom House, so please be adventurous and walk around.

As much as I am known for my love of Hilton Head, I adore Boston and Custom House---there's simply nothing like the experience,
and we look forward to it more than going to HH.
When June is over, we are thoroughly "beached out", and our hearts turn northward, and to Fall. The best is always yet to come.

Enjoy, and report back.

(Before leaving this post, I am compelled to give a quick shout out to Beaglemom, who so graciously befriended us on our first trip in 2013, and spent a full day with us. We are forever grateful, and Jeanne, you are our hero and we send our love. Marty & Mona)

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
We loved our stay at the Custom House and plan to return in the future. I agree with the comments about no car and use the subway. We also used the bus tour of the city which allows you to jump on and off the bus depending on where you want to spend more time. I think the pass was good for 2 days.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Three washers and 3 dryers, free. Laundry soap provided in the unit.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks All for the replies. We have gone and are already back. Made it there Saturday night and left this morning. So you understand, we are local enough to Boston....this wasn't a vacation, just a quick few nights away. An quite honestly, we are not fans of the city, but will venture there to catch a sox game which is what we did. Thus, the reason why my questions were about what the resort offered. I knew we didn't need a car there, but still needed to get there. Since we ended leaving the house late Saturday night, it was easier for us to drive in - so we did and dealt with the valet charge.

Yes, the hotel was beautiful, views great, location superb for sightseeing. They served free coffee in the morning only, did have a very cost effective continental breakfast spread to. We took advantage of a free tour to the Boston Market (via CH) - liked that and since we were on a tour, they had set up a lot of samples for us.

Both DH and I thought the bed was terrible. Quite possibly the worse we have ever slept on. We would both awake in the middle of the night and in the morning with hip and back pain. (this is not normal for us). It was so bad, that we contemplated coming home last night to just avoid having to sleep in it again. I guess they don't use typical Marriott bedding, because normally I love Marriott beds!

Again....thanks everyone for the replies.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
For future reference....if going for just the weekend, which we tend to do as we also live only a couple hours away.... when staying at Custom House....we park in the Post Office Square garage (its underground)....which is an easy walk away, but on the weekend nights and holidays, the rate is only $9 for each 24 hour day/night period. Here is a link.... http://www.posquare.com/rates-hours/

mike130

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to the Custom House in two weeks. There is some great information in this post.

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Any recommendations for restaurants in walking distance of Custom House?

Is there any place close to get breakfast groceries? Yogurt, juice, Danish, etc.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This makes me want to go back!

Mike's Pastry--ricotta pie :whooopie:

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is there any place close to get breakfast groceries? Yogurt, juice, Danish, etc.
The Counting Room offers yogurt, juice, and pastries at really reasonable costs, along with free coffee. There is really no need to bring in groceries!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Counting Room offers yogurt, juice, and pastries at really reasonable costs, along with free coffee. There is really no need to bring in groceries!

Correct on this - both times we have gone now the Counting room offered what we needed for breakfast. Free coffee/tea and hot chocolate and I think the most expensive thing on the offerings were $3. The only "hot" offering was make your own waffles.

There is a 7 eleven convenience store right outside the entrance and if you desire you can probably get a box of cereal and a 1/2 gallon of milk to last the week that would be cheaper. Within walking distance you will also find plenty of Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks too. But I think the Counting room offerings are better priced for a muffin or bagel.

Also...and this is just me as I HATE washing dishes. If you are going to eat in the room, maybe bring a handful of paper products to avoid needing to wash dishes in the teeny tiny sink they have.

Bill4728

Reaction score

Just one block north of the CH is public market call faneuil hall market place Lots of shops and food

And as someone else said there are a ton of restaurants in the "north end" which is about 5 blocks beyond Faneuil Hall

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
<snip>
We were told there are 66 Italian restaurants in the North End...most within walking distance. We tried a few, all good. There are also good seafood restaurants within walking distance. And we brought back a quart of very good clam chowder from the Quincy Market just a few doors away. The Irish Pub (Black Rose, I think it is) serves a decent breakfast, with a discount for Custom House guests (just ask). I suggest you check out Tripadvisor.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

You may already know that I do a restaurant list for Hilton Head, but I also do one for Boston's North End,
specifically because it's all walkable from Custom House and geared for those staying at Custom House or
Marriott's Long Wharf Hotel.

I've sent that list to you in a private message, along with my additional "Things to Do in Boston".
It's a good list, if I don't say so myself, and has been used by many of my personal friends who have visited Boston
as well as a few selected TUG friends who told me they were going. Hope it helps. Enjoy

P.S.
I'll add that one of my dearest TUG friends "jont" has personally helped me enjoy that list of restaurants and points of interest
during two recent visits to Boston where we met up, spouses alongside us all the way (everything we do is for them, of course).
He knows a great deal about Boston himself, a lot more than me.

Last edited:

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
You may already know that I do a restaurant list for Hilton Head, but I also do one for Boston's North End,
specifically because it's all walkable from Custom House and geared for those staying at Custom House or
Marriott's Long Wharf Hotel.

I've sent that list to you in a private message, along with my additional "Things to Do in Boston".
It's a good list, if I don't say so myself, and has been used by many of my personal friends who have visited Boston
as well as a few selected TUG friends who told me they were going. Hope it helps. Enjoy

I am staying at the custom house this summer. I'd really appreciate your list!

We live in Massachusetts but admit we don't get there as often as we'd like or when we do we have a destination. I'd love to see your list as well.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
OK, here we go......this is by no means an exhaustive list
(the great city of Boston deserves much more than what I've jotted down), but it's geared toward a timeshare or hotel stay and what you might consider while there a week or even a few days.)

I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge right away our dear friend and Boston native Jeanne, aka "Beaglemom3" of TUG fame (now living in Ireland in her dream cottage on a beautiful little hillside)
who was the lone giving and selfless soul who inspired us,
and initiated our great love for her city, and took a full day out of her busy life to pick us up, take us around, even to many of the places listed, including Lexington & Concord, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Walden Pond, a long ride through the countryside to see the amazing Fall foliage in October, and more!
We could never repay you, Jeanne, and we forever love you.

Boston Restaurants:

ALL of those listed below are personal favorites
, but those in RED are special!!
(Reservations a MUST, at LEAST 2-3 weeks in advance for a few.)
I like to use OpenTable online whenever possible.
A quick note: if you happen to experience a waiter or a restaurant staff member "with an attitude" on rare occasion, let it go! You're dining elbow-to-elbow with other patrons, the kitchen is hot, the food takes a lot of attention, their days are crazy, and that's just how it is. That's life in North End's "LITTLE ITALY" (& many big cities), and it should never diminish your amazing experience there.
They sometimes feel rushed to get you out and someone else in, so it's their "duty" to make it known. Absolutely does not bother ME, it's very understandable, and it shouldn't you. Instead, embrace it, and give them a most hearty
"Grazie mille, and can't wait to come back"......and you know what? It's true.

Personal favorites:
**Limoncello
awesome restaurant, a favorite in my "Top 3", one of the the best Italian spots, beautiful romantic interior, quiet, highly rated. Adjacent to Paul Revere House. Must call for reservations WAY ahead!!! Request table on "LEFT half" of restaurant, alongside the middle dividing wall after entering---nice view of wall mural, more romantic. http://www.ristorantelimoncello.com/
**Mama Maria's...very romantic, awesome food, top of hill near Paul Revere House.
Absolutely as good as it gets, "Top 3" for sure, and won’t disappoint. Request upstairs window table!!! Reservations WAY ahead!!!
**Nico...very romantic, highly rated, great food.
**Lucca....great food, highly rated, nice ambiance, slightly quieter than many.
**Legal Seafoodsvery popular, busy, awesome seafood, adjacent to Marriott Long Wharf Hotel
along Boston Harbor.

**Giacomo's....crazy busy, no reservations, must wait in line, but very good food, very touristy.
**Union Oyster House..Historic tavern, oldest in America, very cozy and quiet, "Kennedy booth", occasional so-so reviews but still very good.
**James Hook & Co...small beyond-casual waterfront "dive" but an absolute gem, awesome lobster roll,
best clam chowder anywhere, popular with businessmen who walk from financial district for lunch. A must-do.
**Strega Ristorante... crazy busy, loud, but great food...awesome lamb chops and Italian dishes.
Love it.
**Mare Oyster Bar…...new location---small, intimate, energetic, great food.
Note: imho, the following can be said for many of the North End Italian restaurants: very crowded
at times but great fun, amazing authentic Italian food is to be found everywhere, waiters sometimes aloof but no problem, that's just life in Boston....worth it and beyond enjoyable! Love the elbow-to-elbow experience in many of the the North End Italian restaurants!!! "Moderate to high noise levels" are commonplace but it's all good, cool atmosphere...much like NYC delis.

Know that dining is strictly cash only in "Little Italy", and don't camp out--- when finished after a reasonable time, leave, as others are waiting for a taste of Italy too.
Other great spots, all very highly rated:
*Pomodoro
*Carmelina's
*Trattoria Il Panino
*Bricco
*The Daily Catch
*Sam LaGrassa's
(Financial District--sandwiches, deli)
*Neptune Oyster....(small, very crowded, long waits, always mentioned but overrated imho)
*Black Rose Irish Pub..across street from base of Custom House clock tower, great food/ bar, simply fun!!!

Pizzerias:
**Regina Pizzeria...
oldest pizzeria in America, small historic corner of building,
awesome food, a must!
*Galleria Umberto...pizza
*Antico Forno Pizzeria

....and there are many more......Always keep in mind that you can duck into ANY restaurant
in North End's "Little Italy" and get a GREAT meal-----
In all fairness, I didn't intend to rule out any of those not mentioned,
but I do know that those on the list have been tested and are very worthy!

.....and remember, I haven't even begun to try (or mention) the "non-North End" spots. There are dozens and dozens of outstanding world-class restaurants, and the pursuit of a definitive list would be exhausting and nearly impossible.
Plus, we tend to stick to those walkable from the Custom House area.
My joy will be discovering the others and testing them some day.
Bon appetit, and Cheers!
*************************************************************************************************************
ZAGAT survey of NORTH END restaurants:
https://www.zagat.com/c/boston-ma/north-end-restaurants

PASTRY SHOPS in North End: all great…. From The Godfather: "Leave the gun, take the cannoli..."
*Modern Pastry (inside tables!!!)
*Bova's Bakery
*Maria's Pastry
*Mike's Pastry

When finished with dinner and walking back to Custom House or Long Wharf Hotel,
stop by a pastry shop and get cannoli, then stop by V Cirace's and get a couple of bottles
of a good Italian wine.

V Cirace & Son
---wines and spirits in North End (at North & Richmond)
http://www.vcirace.com/

https://goo.gl/maps/AKYyMnYLgWS2

"Things to Do in Boston": (might take a few visits to do these,
but pick & choose. Of course the concierge has dozens more great ideas.)

Based on our 4 trips to Boston--- October of 2013 & 2014 (when Fall foliage was peaking)
and in early December of 2016 & 2017 for a pre-Christmas treat. Both of those times were a lot of fun.
We're headed back to Boston again this coming October (2019).

First of all, walk, walk, walk. Boston is an easy city to navigate, and whenever you have the chance to walk a reasonable distance to your destination, do it. Take the "T" if necessary to other more distant spots of interest, but your lasting memory just might be the great walks. Walking to dinner is quite romantic, and the returns after dark offer a stunning view of the beautifully lit cityscape, especially the majestic Custom House clock tower which seems to watch over everything around her.
We stayed in two different places---initial visit at the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel on the harbor, then Marriott's Custom House (the historic clock tower) the other visits.
As side trips we went to the historic Revolutionary War towns of Lexington & Concord,
a random Amish Village in the countryside, the famous Walden Pond,
Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (location of "Author's Ridge"), and the charming village of Ogunquit,Maine (picturesque fishing village with shops, amazingly gorgeous mile-long
walk along the elevated ridge/cliffs called "Marginal Way" which overlooks the waves
crashing into the rocky coast).
Custom House (now a "Marriott Pulse" property) is the big clock tower you always see in pictures, near Quincy Market & Faneuil Hall----it has villas with a limited kitchen, a living room, etc., and used to be the old customs house for ships as they came in. Walk in to check it out if you have a chance---it's fabulous and full of gorgeous marble...... very historic..... and there are gorgeous views of Boston in all directions from the observation deck, including the harbor, the city in general, and the famous North End. The Old North Church steeple is easily spotted. The “T” (subway) is across the street near the water (and near Marriott’s Long Wharf Hotel).
https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...X&ved=0ahUKEwji4ciUopPQAhVE1CYKHfScDmEQsAQIGg

From our stays at Long Wharf Hotel (other great hotels are also close by) and at Custom House, we loved to walk to dinner. Many of our favorite spots were located in the "North End" (Boston's "Little Italy"), and we walked through the Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park, crossing Atlantic Ave and proceeding up Richmond Street to North St & also two blocks farther to Hanover St. & then Salem St. Many of the great Italian restaurants are in these immediate areas. A couple more can be found by walking northward behind Quincy Mkt & Faneuil Hall (up Merchant's Row), crossing North St and going up Union St.
……...The Langham is another nice hotel, and there are numerous others near the North End.

V Cirace & Son---wines and spirits in North End (located at intersection of North St & Richmond St)
Drop in while walking home from dinner: http://www.vcirace.com/
Freedom Trail (includes Paul Revere's House, Old North Church, Copp's Hill Cemetery, etc.) http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/
USS Constitution (Old Ironsides")....museum and tour of the ship. https://ussconstitutionmuseum.org/
Harvard Yard & The Coop (bookstore)...take the T. https://map.harvard.edu/
https://store.thecoop.com/
Cheers Bar- the original location in Beacon Hill, adjacent to Boston Common Park. (WALK around Beacon Hill, lots of famous people live there) https://cheersboston.com/
Quincy Market & Faneuil Hall...really fun..many shops, good food, desserts, bakery items, candies.https://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/
"Duck Tour"..amphibious boat, highly rated and maybe the favorite "must-do”. http://www.bostonducktours.com/
Boston Museum of Fine Arts….http://www.mfa.org/
New England Aquarium….http://www.neaq.org/
Newbury Street shopping...beautiful street, old churches, cafes, flagship designer stores.http://www.newbury-st.com/ ,Also Boylston Street.
Beacon Hill...historic brownstones, cobblestone streets, famous residences, shops, views of river. http://www.beaconhillonline.com/about.htm
Horse & Buggy Tours...originate from area near Quincy Mkt/Faneuil Hall. http://www.celebrateboston.com/tour/horse-and-carriage-rides.htm
Fenway Park ...home of the Boston Red Sox. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp
Boston Pops (Boston Symphony, Holiday Pops)——all descriptive of the symphony. ……an evening of fun with one of the greatest symphonies in the world. Look up the season’s performances -----https://www.bso.org/
Ghost Tour…..book this and similar tours near the “T” entrance near Marriott Long Wharf Hotel. Several to choose from.
https://www.ghostsandgravestones.com/boston/, http://www.hauntedboston.com/, https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/ghost-tours

Out-trips from Boston (there are many more possibilities, but these are what we did):
Newport, Rhode Island....
awesome side trip by bus tour (unless you drive) to see "the mansions"(Vanderbilt and others).
For the sake of convenience, we used the day-long bus tour and loved it (bus tour well done, not rushed at all, time to have nice lunch harborside, plenty of time to see mansions at leisurely pace.) Concierge at hotel can arrange or plan, or book it.
Historic towns of Concord and Lexington... historic Revolutionary War towns, gorgeous in the Fall, visit nearby battlefields too.
Walden Pond (of author Henry David Thoreau fame)...gorgeous and tranquil.
Sleepy Hollow Cemetery ("Author's Ridge”)—where many famous authors are buried. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepy_Hollow_Cemetery_(Concord,_Massachusetts)

Coastal Maine (for example: Ogunquit, Me--- a small charming fishing village with cafes and shops, with
spectacular coastal vistas from the cliffs of "Marginal Way", a famous mile-long easy and leisurely walk.

Boston is our favorite big city in America!!!! Very walkable & also easy to use the "T”.
Or when you're feeling lazy, call Uber. Enjoy!!!

Last edited: