• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2016 Thread] Club Wyndham "ACCESS" vs. "PLUS"

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I questioned the seller on eBay about why the CWA MF was $8/1000 points and he clarified that actually the 210,000 points for sale were TWO different contracts, one a converted fixed week...

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
No, I don't know anything about them..

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I questioned the seller on eBay about why the CWA MF was $8/1000 points and he clarified that actually the 210,000 points for sale were TWO different contracts, one a converted fixed week...

Was the seller claiming the converted fixed week is a CWA contract ? I don't think that's possible. I'm a little leery of timeshare clearinghouse myself I hope somebody responds to that question also

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the seller claiming the converted fixed week is a CWA contract ? I don't think that's possible. I'm a little leery of timeshare clearinghouse myself I hope somebody responds to that question also

It sounds like a portion was CWA and a portion was a converted FW. I've seen composite listing like this on occasion, but usually not with CWA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This listing is for 245,000 Wyndham Points which are described as Club Wyndham Access by timeshareclearinghouse. The MF is $166/month, which is a little less than the MF on the 420,000 CWA points we just bought from SumDay. I couldn't understand why the MF's were so close for almost half the points. Apparently the description of the points for sale is misleading... Some CWA, some CWP...

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
This listing is for 245,000 Wyndham Points which are described as Club Wyndham Access by timeshareclearinghouse. The MF is $166/month, which is a little less than the MF on the 420,000 CWA points we just bought from SumDay. I couldn't understand why the MF's were so close for almost half the points. Apparently the description of the points for sale is misleading... Some CWA, some CWP...

As somebody said, the devil is in the details. WHERE was the converted week? A converted week is tied to a particular resort for ARP. Not part of CWA. Would be Leary of this reseller.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The best deal I ever made was an ebay sale where the seller got it wrong

He described a number of points at Canterbury, with an mf that was way too high

I knew that there had to be a mistake, either it wasnt canterbury or the points were missstated, or the mf was

No one wanted to take a chance so there were very few bidders and I won. Turned out that it really was 500k deeded at Canterbury and that the ad miss- stated mf>> I got a desirable ownership for a song

The point is to know the product better than the seller. and you should know the seller, at least by reputation. And do your due diligence before the sale, or at least before you send any money. Ebay sales are non binding. You will have a contract to sign. with the details of ownership being sold, and there ought to be an estopple, deed, and/ a copy of the sellers account for you to verify that they really do own what they are selling

oh, and just like in Las Vegas, dont risk anything that you cant afford to lose

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The big distinction as I see it with CWA and CWP is with special assessments.
With CWA you actually are an owner of 60+ different resorts as is everybody else in CWA. What that means is if there is a special assessment for a resort the cost is spread out amongst everybody in CWA. With CWP you are an owner at one resort and any special assessment is paid by you.

So, a simple example. Bonnet Creek has a $2000 assessment for upgrades. And let's say there are 1000 CWA members, and CWA owns 10 weeks at BC.
So the total assessment to CWA would be $20,000, divided amongst 1000 members equals a cost of $20 each. Now if you owned a CWP week (or points) at BC you would pay the whole $2000.

There are other advantages and disadvantages to each system. There are no Hawaii resorts in CWA so no ARP there. There are CWA and CWP points at the same resorts. The difference in them is the amount you pay for maintenance fees. CWA is around $5.71/1000 CWP maintenance can be substantially higher OR lower depending on the resort. So if there is a particular place you want to go all the time, check what the maintenance is and buy accordingly. You like Panama City? Buy CWP. You like Sapphire Valley? Buy CWA.

Just to clarify the above: there are no Hawaii resorts in CWA, therefore no ARP for any of these resorts. Does this mean that CWA points can be used, depending upon availability, at 10 months out for these Hawaii resorts? If yes, is this feasible for CWA points owners, or is there generally nothing available by the 10 month mark?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify the above: there are no Hawaii resorts in CWA, therefore no ARP for any of these resorts. Does this mean that CWA points can be used, depending upon availability, at 10 months out for these Hawaii resorts? If yes, is this feasible for CWA points owners, or is there generally nothing available by the 10 month mark?

If you want ARP at a Wyndham Hawaii resort buy UDI points deeded at that resort or buy a week. The weeks all (I think) float across all 52 weeks

However I haven't seen a problem with any points at 10 months

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Ron!!

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

I am a CWA owner and I have never had a problem booking most Wyndham resorts in Hawaii at 10 months. The availability is excellent at most resorts if you get on the computer right at 7:00AM ET you should have no problem. I have 3 reservations books for Hawaii in late June and early July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a CWA owner and I have never had a problem booking most Wyndham resorts in Hawaii at 10 months. The availability is excellent at most resorts if you get on the computer right at 7:00AM ET you should have no problem. I have 3 reservations books for Hawaii in late June and early July.

Which are your favorite Wyndham resorts in Hawaii? Due to the long flight from Houston and cost of airfare, we would like to plan a trip of 14-16 days: 2-3 days on Oahu, and a week each on the Big Island, Kauai and/or Maui...

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
I'd disagree - most everything listed on tug or ebay is actually Plus.

Club Wyndham Access is a pool of resorts, maintenance fees are averaged by what the trust owns. Club Wyndham are points deeded to a single resort, but usable at any in the system.

Access has Advance Reservation Priority at all resorts in the trust (up to a certain amount), while deeded only has ARP at the home (owned) resort. At 10 months out from check in, either acts exactly the same.

You are totally correct. !

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
Also, I can guarantee if you bought deeded and went to the another update, they would magically be selling Access and telling you deeded was worthless (and vice-versa).

You are correct about their sales inconsistency on which plan ahs the best value. many times, I just tell them they are full of bologna.