• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2016 NCAA Football Championship Game

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
My wife was notified that she was selected in the random lottery to be able to buy up to four tix to the big game at face value.

They are not cheap, $450 or $550 depending where you sit plus $50 delivery. Parking is $50 plus $10 delivery.

I never imagined that I'd consider paying that kind of money to see a game but I'm thinking about it.

This past winter I asked one son in law why we didn't go to the big game with OSU in it last year. He reminded me that 1, we did not have tickets, and 2, we didn't have a place to stay.

So thinking ahead I got an exchange in Phoenix for that week and three extra days with my BG points. We have 2 air tickets and a car reserved.

Then my wife and I and the two daughters and their hubbies entered the NCAA lottery for tickets. My wife is the only one so far that has got a notification.

If OSU somehow gets in the game again (I know it's a long shot) I will want to be there. There are a couple other teams that I'd be interested in seeing.

What to do, what to do. I'm wondering how easy it would be to sell these if the teams involved don't interest me. Or if there rules against selling them. I also have to think about getting air tix for the two son in laws, most are non refundable.

I should just book the 2 extra flights and go to the game no matter who plays but then back to the original thought of do I really want to spend this money on a game.

I'm really just thinking out loud here because sometimes someone comes up with an angle I didn't consider.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
John, those tickets are practically worthless. You'd have a hard time even trying to give them away.

Having said that, I'll give you an offer of half price for them... Not sure if I even want to go that high, but figure I'm doing you a favor so you won't have to worry about them anymore. :)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
John, those tickets are practically worthless. You'd have a hard time even trying to give them away.

Having said that, I'll give you an offer of half price for them... Not sure if I even want to go that high, but figure I'm doing you a favor so you won't have to worry about them anymore. :)

:rofl::hysterical::rofl:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The price you can sell them for will be based on which two teams are playing or to an extent which 4 teams make the playoff as people might jump then in hopes of their team moving on.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yeaaa...id bet you could easily get your money back for them and then some should you decide the two in the finals arent worth watching!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your can made a profit with those tickets with any four (4) NCAA football teams in the finals.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And thank you for the seed of thought.....I just looked and found out that the NCAA Men's bball West Regional semis will be in Anaheim while I'm at Dolphin's Cove. :banana:

Glad to help and it's nice to know that ace will bail me out with a minimal loss if I get stuck.

I wasn't really thinking of making a profit when I first wrote about this but the more I think about it, I may be able to bundle it with a Summer Bay unit I'm trying to sell. So many dollars for the TS with a free ticket thrown in.:D

The possibilities are endless.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I bought four tickets in the end zone, sect. 119 Row 34 and one parking pass.

The first seven nights of my stay will be at the Scottsdale Links Resort in a 2Br, then four night at Cibola Vista Resort and Spa.

I'll be watching the teams and ticket prices now. If Ohio State makes it I'll go since I'm already going to be there. If they don't make it, we shall see.

Did anyone else score in the ticket lottery?