• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2015-2016 Marriott Rewards Year-End Changeover, Status and Rollover Nights

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Update: It is showing now, for my recalculated total, that I have 2 rollover nights. It says that I need 8 more for Silver.

I am going to call tomorrow for an explanation.

Not getting how this was calculated, even their own rep gave me a lot more.

It's always something.

=

I would give them a couple days before calling. They may not be done with all the back end work. It might end up being right in the next few days.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thank you. Great idea.

Will do.

I agree with Dioxide because the changeover is always done in segments. The past couple years it's been relatively quick with only a day or two in between but in the past they've taken up to a week to finalize all aspects. I'd give them until at least Wednesday before calling, and then only if you see that your account isn't finalized while others are reporting here that theirs are.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
My rollover just posted this afternoon.:)

Yep, mine just posted as well.

As did the double dip of the rollovers hitting my lifetime nights.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would give them a couple days before calling. They may not be done with all the back end work. It might end up being right in the next few days.

I agree with Dioxide because the changeover is always done in segments. The past couple years it's been relatively quick with only a day or two in between but in the past they've taken up to a week to finalize all aspects. I'd give them until at least Wednesday before calling, and then only if you see that your account isn't finalized while others are reporting here that theirs are.

Again, thanks. Correct info as always.

My 22 posted today and lifetime updated.

80 nights with 1,614, 543 points.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Jan 11 and I already have 33 nights! I must have a time machine. :D

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan 11 and I already have 33 nights! I must have a time machine. :D
Very good.
I can't quite match you, but I do have 16 nights by Jan 11 (just showing this morning) so not too bad a start.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Very good.
I can't quite match you, but I do have 16 nights by Jan 11 (just showing this morning) so not too bad a start.

15 are CC nights. Renews in January... Gives a boost to start the year.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
15 are CC nights. Renews in January... Gives a boost to start the year.
Well, my 10 CC nights are not due until the end of the year, so i am getting closer to you.
But then I read May's post about 66 rollover nights!!!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Only had 62 rollover nights but i got platinum premiere status for the very first time. Wifey had 86 rollover nights but only got platinum status. Wonder if marriott will send me a new card?

pafort

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MR Platinum Lifetime
Owner SELECT
Marbella Beach resort (1 Bed GOLD),
Village Île de France (3 Beds lock off GOLD)
Platinum Premier

Nights Detail

0 nights needed to renew Platinum level
Nights stayed 7
Paid:7
Redeemed:0
Bonus nights: 83
Promotional:0
Rewards Credit Card:0
Rewarding Events:0
2015 rollover: 83

2016 total: 90

Gold Lifetime Status

Nights 548
Points 1,813,528

between platinum or platinum premiere, what are the differences?

pafort

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MR Platinum Lifetime
Owner SELECT
Marbella Beach resort (1 Bed GOLD),
Village Île de France (3 Beds lock off GOLD)
Just a note to say that I called and spoke to MRP customer service. I had a very informative rep who explained things to me that I had found confounding before. Yes, the fog has lifted.

She informed me that I was eligible for a "Gold Challenge" which, if satisfied, would grant me Gold Status until December 31, 2017.
This requires 6 PAID stays, not just 6 nights from now until March 30th.

Remember, stays and not just nights.
That is, for example, 2,3,4, etc. contiguous nights = 1 stay.
One lone night = 1 stay.
Redemption stays and the bonus anniversary night do not count.

I have 3 separate, one night stays, already planned and they count even though I reserved them months ago. I'll pick up 3 more here and there before the end of March.

YMMV ! So, call MRP and ask if you're eligible for the "Gold Challenge". Not sure if there's a Platinum Challenge. They can explain things much better re: qualifying. I'm not sure how I qualified, so can't help you on the particulars.

-

The gold challenge is nonsense.
Every time I have to do five days somewhere, like platinum, do 5 different reservations, and I take 500 points for each stay as platinum gift (total 2500).
And 'that Marriott has "forced" to do so because the platinum gift they give it only once if one book 5 consecutive nights.
Also changing room every night (like platinum make a late check out, so I have no problem even to sleep until 14h00).

Follow my advice, delete the only booking for three days, and make 3 different. With 3 different bills!
Sorry for my english

Paolo

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Only had 62 rollover nights but i got platinum premiere status for the very first time. Wifey had 86 rollover nights but only got platinum status. Wonder if marriott will send me a new card?

You're premier and she's only platinum? I wouldn't even talk to her anymore. Show her what status means! :D

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The gold challenge is nonsense.
Every time I have to do five days somewhere, like platinum, do 5 different reservations, and I take 500 points for each stay as platinum gift (total 2500).
And 'that Marriott has "forced" to do so because the platinum gift they give it only once if one book 5 consecutive nights.
Also changing room every night (like platinum make a late check out, so I have no problem even to sleep until 14h00).

Follow my advice, delete the only booking for three days, and make 3 different. With 3 different bills!
Sorry for my english

Paolo

Paolo,
Your English is just fine.

Molte Grazie for your advice.

Jeanne

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I signed up for a Marriott rewards credit card. They are supposed to give me one free night a year in one of their hotels (not sure what category but I can guess). I am at a gold level and about 100K MRP.

Question, do the MRP points expire after a period of time if I don't use them? Also, does my 1 free night awarded every year have an expiration point as well? I was hoping that I could save them up and use several consecutively.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Free night certificates can only be used in a category 1-5 and, yes, they do expire. Use it within one year of your anniversary date or lose it.

Just tried to use mine today but, unfortunately there are no category 1-5 Marriott hotels anywhere in Key West.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
between platinum or platinum premiere, what are the differences?

I was Premier for the first time last year and couldn't really tell any difference.

Nights Detail
30 nights needed to renew Platinum level
Nights stayed 4
Paid:4
Redeemed:0
Bonus nights41
Promotional:0
Rewards Credit Card:0
Rewarding Events:0
2015 rollover:41
2016 total 45

Gold Lifetime Status