• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Just purchased Welks Resort Platinum Program NOT sure about it

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I just went thru the whole credit card agreement & it does not have a phone number for me to contact them. The credit card was approved thru bank of america. I hate that this packet does not give you an option to contact them.
On the BofA website this number is listed for credit card customer service: 1.800.732.9194

Once you get this matter resolved and you've rescinded the contract, stick around TUG and learn more about timesharing. It is rarely ever a good idea to take out a loan to pay for a timeshare. They are many other ways to take great vacations for a lot less money.

Timeshares are easy to buy from the developers (as you have discovered!) but very hard to get rid of (unless you are within your legal rescission period) later when your circumstances change and you can't travel or pay the annual maintenance fees or the loan payments.

There's a forum here called Bargain Deals where owners are giving away timeshares and offering to pay the closing costs and/or the current year's maintenance fees.

Best of luck to you and let us know how it all works out.

sarai

Reaction score
On the BofA website this number is listed for credit card customer service: 1.800.732.9194

Once you get this matter resolved and you've rescinded the contract, stick around TUG and learn more about timesharing. It is rarely ever a good idea to take out a loan to pay for a timeshare. They are many other ways to take great vacations for a lot less money.

Timeshares are easy to buy from the developers (as you have discovered!) but very hard to get rid of (unless you are within your legal rescission period) later when your circumstances change and you can't travel or pay the annual maintenance fees or the loan payments.

There's a forum here called Bargain Deals where owners are giving away timeshares and offering to pay the closing costs and/or the current year's maintenance fees.

Best of luck to you and let us know how it all works out.

I am currently waiting to speak to a representative from bank of america. I am very happy we are still within that 7 day grace period since we signed the papers yesterday. I am getting all this sorted out and heading to the post office to send our rescission letter. I will also mail them their binder separately & keep a copy of everything we signed for our records. I knew what we did wasn't right because as we were driving away we weren't happy. I will definitely stick around the forum. Thank you all so much for all the help. Before i found this forum i was gonna drive the 45 min drive to the resort to deliver my rescission letter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thank you all so much for all the help. Before i found this forum i was gonna drive the 45 min drive to the resort to deliver my rescission letter.
You are very welcome. It's always good when someone finds TUG in time!:clap:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly love that folks keep finding these threads when researching their new purchases and are able to rescind in time!

sarai

Reaction score
I just faxed my rescission letter to them along with the 9 page contract. When i drove up to my post office it was closed. I went to ups and i am having my rescission letter and the 9 page contract mailed to them in over night express shipping. It should arrive there by 8am monday. I sent the binder and everything they gave me back by regular mail. I sent the fax & the letter just to be on the safe side. Thank you all so much for all the help. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders.