• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Branson Options

poorguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to plan a trip to Branson for June 2015. Wondering what might be the best option. We have three kids. Onsite amenities like pool and activities is the biggest priority followed up location close to other activities in town.

Based on reviews I put in OGS for Big Cedar. I have HGVC points trading into RCI for a 2 Bedroom.

Wondering how likely it is I'll get Big Cedar. I can book either French Quarter or Palace View in RCI now. Should I take one of them, hold out for Big Cedar, or are their other options to look at for OGS. If so, when does it seem likely my OGS might hit for those resorts?

Thanks for any opinions!

MastiffMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a week at the Welk Timber Ridge Lodges. It trades in II. Do you have access to II inventory? I just picked up a 1br on the site, but you could set up a search for a 2br. The 1br was very spacious and easily slept us in a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. I actually booked there mainly for the pool. It was great! My kids had a blast. They had a good activity schedule, too. I would absolutely return.

We've stayed at the Palace View. It was spacious and comfortable. I have no complaints about it - it just wasn't as nice as the Welk. Still, it's not a bad option. They have a 1-in-4 rule with RCI.

We've also stayed at the Wyndham Meadows and seen units at the Wyndham Mountain Vista. Both are very nice with good amenities, but the sales staff is pushy and irritating. Definitely unplug your phones.

If you have II access, consider Marriott Willow Ridge, too. It's actually in town (off the main strip, though), and it's nice as well.

Let me know if you have other questions!

MastiffMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh - also, I've read before that Big Cedar doesn't bank anything in summer, so your only shot at it would be if someone specifically traded their unit and you were lucky enough to grab it.

I would for sure have a backup plan in place as it's unlikely you'll be able to trade for BC.

The Wyndhams, Palace View, and Welk are out of town, but only a few minutes. We don't find any of their locations to be hugely inconvenient.

Hope this helps!

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just came back from Branson this week. Stayed at French Quarter - great location. It was just my husband and I this trip, no grandkids. The pool setup seemed very nice, and they had a small playground nearby. The staff was wonderful, and they seemed to have quite a few activities - but we did not participate in anything but the welcome breakfast with entertainment.

Except for that long drive I would stay at the resort again. Next time I would book a 2 bedroom even if it was just my husband and I - space was very tight even with just the 2 of us!!

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I only have access to RCI so will look into those other options. Sounds like BC might be harder then the DVC trade we got this year.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Big Cedar or the Wyndham properties would be my first thought. If Bluegreens Falls Village exchanges through I.I. that might not be bad. It's out of the way but if you can get a presidental unit at Silverleaf's Holiday Hills, those units were very nice and the resort had decent amenities. I'm not certain about the standard units at Holiday Hills. French Quarter Resort does trade through RCI and is a nice resort with a good location. I have a photo album of our recent stay at French Quarter. You can view the pics by clicking this link. http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare/Spinnakers-French-Quarter/40506462_DXXjRN

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to plan a trip to Branson for June 2015. Wondering what might be the best option. We have three kids. Onsite amenities like pool and activities is the biggest priority followed up location close to other activities in town.

Based on reviews I put in OGS for Big Cedar. I have HGVC points trading into RCI for a 2 Bedroom.

Wondering how likely it is I'll get Big Cedar. I can book either French Quarter or Palace View in RCI now. Should I take one of them, hold out for Big Cedar, or are their other options to look at for OGS. If so, when does it seem likely my OGS might hit for those resorts?

Thanks for any opinions!

Wordmark Branson has 2 and 3 bedroom availability in June 2015. Are you interested in a direct trade? I'm looking for a 2 bedroom at Hilton Hawaii Village in January 2016-do you have access to that resort?

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to plan a trip to Branson for June 2015. Wondering what might be the best option. We have three kids.

Have you looked at the TUG reviews? I think they're ranked pretty well there. Of course, there's no better choice than Big Cedar. Another one to consider is Stonebridge, which has a nice outdoor kid pool and is located right down the road from Silver Dollar City. I know it's a pretty easy get on RCI. If you plan on doing a lot of Branson stuff though in town, I'd recommend somewhere else. The Wyndhams are a good choice because they do a good job on the activities and the clubhouse (at Mt. Vista or Meadows).

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I only know the Wyndham resorts. There are a ton of activities at the Meadows, more than at the others. I stayed at Mountain Vista and really liked it. There are 2 outdoor pools, an indoor pool and a game room. Also there are planned activities. I think that kids would be fine at either resort, but there are more planned activities/facilities at the Meadows.

The Falls is closer to town, but only has a pool with a gazillion steps to descend to get to it.

I recommend the Titanic museum!

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hit Branson for a couple weeks each year, so familiar with.

BC is great especially if you like nautical theme but tough to get into. Also couple miles up the road from shows.

Welk is very nice but make sure you get 1 BR with two FPs, not a lock off with LK.

Haven't stayed at FQ recently due to 1'/4 but last time there no activities due to fire. Understand Place View bought.

Stayed at 3 BR at Palace view in May and nice. However sampler show sold out two days early.

Also, stayed at 2 BR at Sormy Point and more like BC. Would definitely return.

Own at Wyndham Meadows and nice, Mt Vista nicer. Lots actives but many sell out. Falls is pits.

Doing the Capitan's room on Branson Belle is great but has gotten pricey.
I wait and buy tickets there as advance purchase discounts not that great.

Be sure and get map showing red, blue and yellow routes locals use.

Can get on e-mail list.

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wordmark Branson has 2 and 3 bedroom availability in June 2015. Are you interested in a direct trade? I'm looking for a 2 bedroom at Hilton Hawaii Village in January 2016-do you have access to that resort?
I do have access to HHV with my points, but only at 7 months as it's not my home resort. Depending on the type of room, it can get to be quite a few points and more than I would have available to me for this trade, due to other plans I have made with my points. I think the real tough part would be I wouldn't be able to book this for you until 7 months prior so there's a lot of time between now and then and it's not a given I will be able to get in. Thanks for the offer though.

Have you looked at the TUG reviews? I think they're ranked pretty well there. Of course, there's no better choice than Big Cedar. Another one to consider is Stonebridge, which has a nice outdoor kid pool and is located right down the road from Silver Dollar City. I know it's a pretty easy get on RCI. If you plan on doing a lot of Branson stuff though in town, I'd recommend somewhere else. The Wyndhams are a good choice because they do a good job on the activities and the clubhouse (at Mt. Vista or Meadows).
Yep. Thanks. I realize my question was overly broad, I guess I was more interested in thoughts on availability which the reviews don't really address.

Lots of great idea. Thanks for all of the responses and I appreciate the link to the photos. Looks like my best bet may be to grab French Quarter or Palace View. Sounds like we would be happy with them.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like my best bet may be to grab French Quarter or Palace View. Sounds like we would be happy with them.

LOL - why those two over the Wyndhams? No problem with me, but in my mind those two choice on your list are at least a couple of notches below, especially with kids. And you shouldn't have any problem getting Mt. Vista or Meadows on RCI. Just my opinion though. Anyhow, have a great time!

Last edited:

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL - why those two over the Wyndhams? No problem with me, but in my mind those two choice on your list are at least a couple of notches below, especially with kids. And you shouldn't have any problem getting Mt. Vista or Meadows on RCI. Just my opinion though. Anyhow, have a great time!

Good question. Currently those two are available in RCI and the Wyndhams are not. Sometimes I tend to be impatient and not want to wait. That's why I was trying to find out when some of the other resorts might pop up in RCI.

I am sort of wavering at the moment. Started looking into Stonebridge a little more and liking that now.

I might just have to add the Wyndhams to my OGS and see what happens. I do have a whole year before we're going after all...

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do have access to HHV with my points, but only at 7 months as it's not my home resort. Depending on the type of room, it can get to be quite a few points and more than I would have available to me for this trade, due to other plans I have made with my points. I think the real tough part would be I wouldn't be able to book this for you until 7 months prior so there's a lot of time between now and then and it's not a given I will be able to get in. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for your honesty and good luck. You might want to add WM Branson to your list of possible RCI trades. Not sure how the location works, never been there but looking at it here and on the WM resort web page it looks like a nice place. Will have to put it on my bucket list.

If you have never stayed at a Worldmark you'll find it to be clean, well equipped and with great front desk housekeeping and maintenance staff. Be aware that the resort "host" works for the sales department..You won't find stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops, but you will find spices, a blender and a fully stocked kitchen.

Its been said that Worldmark may not be a Cadillac but it's a damn nice Buick.

Last edited:

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really liked the Marriott. the location and the property are nice.
Maybe you can find a Marriott owner who wants to go to a Hilton property.
in II, Branson is an easy trade even in summer with an OGR.

We stayed at the Marriott in the spring on a bonus week.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good question. Currently those two are available in RCI and the Wyndhams are not. Sometimes I tend to be impatient and not want to wait. That's why I was trying to find out when some of the other resorts might pop up in RCI.

I am sort of wavering at the moment. Started looking into Stonebridge a little more and liking that now.

I might just have to add the Wyndhams to my OGS and see what happens. I do have a whole year before we're going after all...

If you open a search for the Branson Wyndhams a year early, I feel very confident you'll get a hit. Be careful and make sure you get either Mt. Vista or Meadows (I don't recommend the Wyndham at the Falls).

On Stonebridge, if you plan on visiting town frequently, I'd probably pass on Stonebridge and go with the Wyndhams. If you plan on doing Silver Dollar City or Table Rock quite a bit, then SB is not a bad choice at all.

On SDC, look into going the first day at 3pm and you'll get the next day for free.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I noticed that the TUG reviews on the Branson Wyndhams are kind of messed up. It appears they've merged Wyndham Meadows and Wyndham Falls together for some reason and that is really going to distort the whole process of getting good information. Hopefully an administrator can clean that up, I'm not sure whose responsibility that is.

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you open a search for the Branson Wyndhams a year early, I feel very confident you'll get a hit. Be careful and make sure you get either Mt. Vista or Meadows (I don't recommend the Wyndham at the Falls).

On Stonebridge, if you plan on visiting town frequently, I'd probably pass on Stonebridge and go with the Wyndhams. If you plan on doing Silver Dollar City or Table Rock quite a bit, then SB is not a bad choice at all.

On SDC, look into going the first day at 3pm and you'll get the next day for free.

Cool. Thanks. I have never been so this is the kind of info I was looking for. Guess we gotta decide where we will spend the most time.

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party here, but if you can get into Branson Yacht Club or Stillwaters, those are great for families. Right on the lake, lots of ducks to feed, paddle boats, etc. And it's right on Indian Point, which is where Silver Dollar City is - easy in & out - you're always going the opposite way everyone else is going.

DH has stayed at the Wyndham and likes it, but he prefers to be on the lake.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

With 3 kids I would also shoot for a location that was convenient to/from Silver Dollar City.

George

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. After a lot of back and forth we decided to try Stonebridge. We liked the look of the photos and the reviews were good. We thought if anything we would spend the most time at SDC so that location would work.

jcr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never been to Branson. What would you recommend in terms of activities for kids under 7?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never been to Branson. What would you recommend in terms of activities for kids under 7?

Of course there is SDC. If you're staying at the Wyndhams you'll have a pretty nice list of activities to choose from. Or I would personally recommend the river and lake activities - boating, swimming, canoeing/kayaking, hiking, etc. Branson has some very decent hiking trails within the city limits.

There are also shows for kids - pets, magic, etc. The magic shows are always a hit with the young ones.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.