• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Lawrence Welk 2013 pts rolled into 2014.

BIGMAC1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points are limited because of LW's within 60 day ressies only for rollovers. The LW advisor recommended turning them over to II for 2014 exchange, to expand their utility. What do you think? BTW, I'm retired and quite flexible on times. I do already have one week at Escondido reserved. Can I give the point total here if asked? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We own Welk points too. It is unfortunate that rolled over points can only be used within 60 days of check in. Assuming you have enough points to have Welk deposit a week into II for you, that would give you more flexibility. Please note that Welk assigns the week that they will deposit. You can't reserve a week and then deposit it. That said, the exchanges that we have made via II using our Welk time have worked out.

Good luck.

BIGMAC1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk II deposit

Thanks for the reassurance. No sure thing, but the idea is reasonable. I'll deposit.

Dannyh86

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but to keep info together I'll post my question here. According to this post if I own at welk in their points program I can rollover points from one year to another? It also said something about using them in a certain time frame? For example if I own 120,000 points can I rollover from one year to another to reserve a two bedroom requiring 240,000 points? Any info on how rollover works at welk. Thank you

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Yea, you can rollover your points to the next year, but you can only use those points within 60 days of your check-in date. That creates an issue for you in your example, because your 120k points for your normal use year doesn't have that restriction. If you want to reserve a 2br using 240k, you would have to wait until 60 days before check-in. Depending on the time of year, that wouldn't be a problem, but it likely would be for summer months.

Mike

Dannyh86

Reaction score
What do you mean must use the points within 60 days of check in day? What check in day are we talking about? Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Within 60 days of any check-in date. For instance, if you want to make a reservation with the rolled-over points today, it must be within the next 60 days.

Dannyh86

Reaction score
Oh I get it. So if I rollover points from one year to the other, and I want to make a reservation, that reservation has to be within 60 days of the day I make it? Thanks

Dannyh86

Reaction score
What about borrowing points from next year? Does welk allow that?