• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Just bought at villa group

kos

Reaction score
My wife and I just bought a week at villa group in cabo. My wife is all freaked out now because she is reading horror stories online.

How is the program anyway? We are still within our 5 day cool off period, so we can bail if we want. It seems like a good program.

Biggest complaint wife is seeing is it is impossible to book the nice places and our points don't mean as much as promised. FYI, we are in II with this. Seems like a lot of good resorts there and we have 2400 platinum points/yr

Thanks

Kos

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My wife and I just bought a week at villa group in cabo. My wife is all freaked out now because she is reading horror stories online.

How is the program anyway? We are still within our 5 day cool off period, so we can bail if we want. It seems like a good program.

Biggest complaint wife is seeing is it is impossible to book the nice places and our points don't mean as much as promised. FYI, we are in II with this. Seems like a lot of good resorts there and we have 2400 platinum points/yr

Thanks

Kos

More will chime in here, but since you are still within the rescission period, definitely rescind. Your wife's intuition is right about this one. Check out ebay (completed transactions for timeshares in Mexico) to get a better picture of the situation. If you are still interested in timesharing, stick around here, read about the different options, and then buy on the resale market.

kos

Reaction score
More will chime in here, but since you are still within the rescission period, definitely rescind. Your wife's intuition is right about this one. Check out ebay (completed transactions for timeshares in Mexico) to get a better picture of the situation. If you are still interested in timesharing, stick around here, read about the different options, and then buy on the resale market.

I was hoping for more concrete reasons. I already spending what this program is costing when we book online, so it's really even money from my perspective.

You get the same perks buying resale?

Thanks!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perks????

$16,000 worth or perks? Save your principal and Rescind NOW while you have the chance. You can always BUY this again BUT you only get ONE CHANCE to rescind.

PERKS talked about by the resort sales department are always subject to being changed, removed, or never existed as the perks are VERBAL promises. Your contracted benefits that you are paying $16000 is paying the yearly increasing maintenance fees, a every 5 year REFURNISHMENT fee, and if a floating week, the HOPE TO RESERVE some week every year (and if you have kids tied to a school schedule, a week that 60% of all the other owners HOPE to reserve before you can).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out rentals on several timeshare sites like REDWEEK.COM, Vacationtimesharerentals.com, TUG's rental site, etc. Mexican TS are always for rent - most likely at or less than just the MFs that the owners pay.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm kind of a bottom line person, so for me the most concrete reason for cancelling is the fact that you have paid roughly $16,000 too much. Here's the link to the recent ebay sales, http://www.ebay.com/sch/Timeshares-for-Sale-/15897/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=timeshare+for+sale+%26+villa+del+palmar+cabo&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I don't know anything about the Villa Group. Their resorts look lovely. I suspect that you still want to believe what the sales people told you, but it won't take too many searches on the tug board to see that they probably aren't true. We have no skin in this game. We're not going to make any commission off of you. We are telling you the truth. You have a limited time to get out of this deal. You should take the time to fully understand what you are buying. If upon further reflection, you feel it is worth $16,000, call your sales person back. I bet that the deal will still be available.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for more concrete reasons. I already spending what this program is costing when we book online, so it's really even money from my perspective.

You get the same perks buying resale?

Thanks!

Concrete reasons? How about you are paying $16K for a product you can get for a few hundred resale. You can easily rent these resorts for under the annual fees and not spend any upfront money (so save that $16k).

Don't get all defensive. Be happy your wife is seeing the truth and use that 5 day privilege to RESCIND!! You won't regret that and can always go back & buy if you wish but you cannot get your money back once that 5 days pass. Take the out & count your blessings. This would be a HUGE mistake to keep. RESCIND!!

Perks are not worth $16k (how can paying $16k for "free" things make sense?)

RESCIND TODAY!

kos

Reaction score
I'm kind of a bottom line person, so for me the most concrete reason for cancelling is the fact that you have paid roughly $16,000 too much. Here's the link to the recent ebay sales, http://www.ebay.com/sch/Timeshares-for-Sale-/15897/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=timeshare+for+sale+%26+villa+del+palmar+cabo&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

0 results for your exact search

No results from your link, but I get what you are saying.

So, are the resales really just as good as retail? I'm researching and getting mixed messages.

Thanks.

Kos

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
0 results for your exact search

No results from your link, but I get what you are saying.

So, are the resales really just as good as retail? I'm researching and getting mixed messages.

Thanks.

Kos

Resales are every bit as good as retail since it is the same product but at a much lower price. The missing perks aren't guaranteed and the savings from resale far exceed the potential value of those perks.

kos

Reaction score
Don't get all defensive. Be happy your wife is seeing the truth and use that 5 day privilege to RESCIND!!

I'm not defensive at all. Just wanting to pick the brains of more knowledgeable people.

All the info everyone is giving is great!

KOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will put it from a different perspective. I have gotten free timeshares that can be exchanged into just about any II resort in Mexico for a total of less than $400 per week total cost (except for AI resorts). If I factor in using all my AC's then the cost per week drops below $300. Mexico has some great resorts, but there are so many and so many regretful buyers that the supply is off the charts. It is so easy to trade into Mexico all year long. I would never buy in Mexico. I wouldn't take the timeshare you bought even if you paid me $500!

Let me ask you a crazy question. Would you pay $1,000 for a pair of Levi's?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We paid $16k with 410/yr maint.

So this will cost you about $20,000 plus some inflation on the MF's portion over the next 10 years. (Even though you may own for 100 years, I wouldn't assume you will want to vacation like you do now in more than 10 years). So you are paying roughly $2000 for a week in a Mexican Studio or hotel room on just accommodations and you plan on spending that much on a Mexican vacation every year for the next 10 years? A Mexican studio is not going to have enough trading power in II to get you even the equivalent accommodations in the US. So you will have the options of really off off season stuff and maybe a few shoulder season 1 br's. Even decent US studio's will be hard to exchange for during prime time. You have a decent shot at trading up to 1-2 br's in other Mexican locations.

I would think you could rent a Mexican studio from an owner for around $500/week most times of the year and for about double that during holiday weeks.

What other perks do you think you will be getting?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kos, rescind. You can pick up a week for next to nothing, if not free. I gave away my Gold UVC 1BR/2BA Holiday Week 51/52 because I just didn't need/want it anymore. Don't waste your $20K.

BTW, it was the highest value week, but booking Villa del Arco is NOT as easy as they lead you to believe. You need to plan 24 months out, and be lucky.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
This is probably the easiest decision you can make:

Should I buy something for $100 or the samething for $16,000?

You have 5 days to decide which is a better deal.......

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might as well join the chorus. Rescind! Research first. If it turns out to be a great deal, you can always buy retail again (you won't). There are so many Mexican timeshares available, and on the market that you can ALWAYS rent for less than the MF, with no initial or ongoing cash outlay, and no bill that comes in about the same time as the Christmas bills.

For those $16,000 you were about to spend, you can rent there annually for about what the interest on it pays you at 5%.

Rescind. Best wishes.

Jim

kos

Reaction score
Well, the response here was pretty darn overwhelming, so we are resending. Hopefully, this won't be a big hassle. We followed an online form letter for resending in mexico. The sales office is closed just now, so we'll drop it off in the morning, plus send it express mail we we get home Monday -- we have until Friday.

We've been talking to other owners here and most aren't happy with the program. What a surprise.... I thought this was a fairly good place and program.

Thanks for all the help! Good thing I came here before it was too late!

kos

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
kos, I'd advise you to NOT stop by the sales office to attempt to rescind. No good will come of it, as all they will do is try ANYTHING to save the sale. There will be lower price options and more 'today only' perks. Or just out-and out delaying tactics to get you past the rescission period deadline. Funny thing, they will all be verbal, and will appear nowhere in the written contract. Remember- what's in the contract is all that matters- not what they say or promise.

Just wait and mail it from home, certified, returned receipt. It's the date you mail it, not when they receive it that matters. Save the receipt FOREVER.

We're glad you found us and will add your $16,000 to the millions we've saved people over just the last few years since we've been paying attention and asking how much the weasels were asking.

Jim

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the response here was pretty darn overwhelming, so we are resending. Hopefully, this won't be a big hassle. We followed an online form letter for resending in mexico. The sales office is closed just now, so we'll drop it off in the morning, plus send it express mail we we get home Monday -- we have until Friday.

We've been talking to other owners here and most aren't happy with the program. What a surprise.... I thought this was a fairly good place and program.

Thanks for all the help! Good thing I came here before it was too late!

kos

Have a $16,000 Margarita on TUG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Kos

what mixed messages are you getting? everyone here (and anyone who has nothing to financially gain by you not rescinding) is suggesting you rescind.

the fact that you have questions at all means you are not ready for the purchase at any price.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. Do not go into the sales office. Mail the rescission when you get home. (Keep a copy for yourself.) Just have that USPS proof that you mailed the letter. Then do a happy dance and give your wife a nice present.

kos

Reaction score
One thing I am curious about are the low cost getaways you get with Ii. Do these come with any Ii membership? They made it out like our deal was special because of these?