• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Problems @Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Besides poor employee training, another problem is the size of the resort. Smaller resorts - I am thinking of San Clemente Cove and perhaps Winner's Circle - may call their owners if by Monday they do not show up for Saturday week. A friendly call from a smaller resort helps clarify the situation and I know both do rentals as well - which does help the HOA. Winner's Circle lets those on the "list" know of bonus time rentals I believe on Tuesday morning. Funtime

travelplus

Reaction score
Just checked in to LTVR and to our surprise as owners of a two bedroom including a lockout unit we were told that they were "oversold" and that we were getting two (nonconnecting) studio units for my family of four. Meaning no full kitchen, no adjoining master bedroom, living room and studio lockout.
We demanded to see the front desk manager. She was apologetic and seemed sincere. We asked for the manager on duty, a very tall woman with glasses. She told us there was nothing she could do and instructed the staff outloud: "If they don't take a room, walk em." Then she walked out the resort front door! I assume what she meant was that if we did not take a room then we would be asked to leave without comping accomodations at another hotel. I then asked for her manager and was given the cell phone of "Jeff." Jeff explained that there was nothing he could do; that hotels all over the world overbook and that he could not guarantee us our owners' unit tomorrow. SO LET ME UNDERSTAND: I RESERVED THIS UNIT NEARLY A YEAR AGO; I AM AN OWNER AND I PAID MY MAINTENANCE FEE AND I END UP WITH TWO NON ADJOINING STUDIO UNITS? Unbelievable!!!

I would have called the corporate office for the way you were treated. They should have called over to the Ridge or Marriott Grand Vacation Club and gotten you a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that in Undercover Boss, Mr. C stated that overbooking happens due to a known amount of average cancellations. Sure, I can see that.

On the other hand, DRI needs to see it from the owners perspective. Owners view their timeshare vacations as pre-paid vacations. We view it as we OWN the time. This isn't a rental. Timeshares have been sold as vacation homes, not a hotel night rental. .

My recollection from UCB, was it was clear the Mr. Clueless stated HE WAS the owner, not the guests whom his sales staff had extorted inflated prices for their ownership share

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have called the corporate office for the way you were treated. They should have called over to the Ridge or Marriott Grand Vacation Club and gotten you a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

Because they would have them sitting vacant too

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Please note that you responded to a post from 2012 - when you use the search function - please look at the date of the threads you pull up, before responding.