• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Marriott Visa offers Cat 1-4 certs for $3000 spending

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email a couple of days ago stating this:

From February 1 through March 31, 2012, spend $1,500 a month for two months and get A FREE NIGHT E-CERTIFICATE at any category 1-4 hotel.* E-Certificates must be redeemed within 6 months of the issue date. Every time you use your Marriott Rewards® Credit Card, you're closer to a special free night stay.

If this were a Cat 1-5 cert it might be worth it.
Are they still offering nights credit? I've already received one night credit for my Marriott spending.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Are they still offering nights credit? I've already received one night credit for my Marriott spending.

Just received a new card the other day and some other material and the elite night credit for every $3000 spend was still listed.

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visa Card

For those who do not have a Marriott CC yet-

Their is an offer from Chase of 70k points, 1 night cert., no fee 1st yr, Marriott Premier Visa (but I believe the cert. is from Marriott and if you received one before for opening a CC you do not get another one..

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CAT=0&PID=MAB1&PROMO=DF01&SPID=DN7M

Last edited:

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
From February 1 through March 31, 2012, spend $1,500 a month for two months and get A FREE NIGHT E-CERTIFICATE at any category 1-4 hotel.* E-Certificates must be redeemed within 6 months of the issue date. Every time you use your Marriott Rewards® Credit Card, you're closer to a special free night stay.
Is this promotion universally available to any current Marriott card holder, or by invitation only?

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Is this promotion universally available to any current Marriott card holder, or by invitation only?

I got one, but husband did not (so far). I stopped using my card, my husband has had several thousand on his each of the past few months (3 MF were charged).

It says the promotional offer is non-transferable, but doesn't give any information to sign up, so it must be automatic if you receive the offer in the mail.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
My offer is for $3,000 per month. I rarely use that card but charged $2,000 last month for Marriott timeshare fees.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use my Marriott card daily so never get these offers. I think they target people not using the card with these offers to get them to use the card.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Wish I would get that offer. I could easily make it.

Sheila

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
For those who do not have a Marriott CC yet-

Their is an offer from Chase of 70k points, 1 night cert., no fee 1st yr, Marriott Premier Visa (but I believe the cert. is from Marriott and if you received one before for opening a CC you do not get another one..

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CAT=0&PID=MAB1&PROMO=DF01&SPID=DN7M

Where does it indicate that there is a 70,000 point offer. I finally decided to get a Marriott card at the end of last week, but responding to a 50K offer; I'd love to call them and get the 70,000 if I had more info. on the offer.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course they offer this after we all paid our MFs. :)

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing.

Between my MFs and what we charged during our stay at Grande Vista, I would have scored the cert easily. :)

Thanks again for your info and tips about Grande Vista. We all had a great time. We ended up with a 3 bedroom lock-off that worked perfectly for our group.

Now if I can just figure out why I could get wi-fi in every room in the unit except the bedroom I was in............:shrug:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
70K MR points for a Visa is worth getting a second card for.

We have found in the past that virtually all offers from Chase are targeted. There was a time when I would click one of those Visa application pages and the number of points offered would come in as one number and quickly change to another by the time the page finished loading.

Targeting can be spending habits, zip codes or any number of things.

I too just recently paid my MF's and a hefty college tuition payment. Too bad this spend $1500/month for two months offer didn't come a little sooner. I don't think a cat 1-4 cert is worth changing my house payment auto draft for two months and then changing it back. Not even sure you can pay your house payment with a credit card.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
to read about the offer go to below site, you can confirm amount etc via Chase or ask them to honor the offer..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...ight-no-fee-1st-yr-marriott-premier-visa.html

I did try calling- escalated to a supervisor and got nowhere. Very frustrating! I see some people have mentioned success via e-mail after their first charge. I'd like to know who they're contacting successfully; it would be nice to get the extra 20,000 points, esp. since I haven't even received the card yet, just the approval.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read that the "tested" way to do this, is to send a secure message via Chase website to customer service, and ask to be awarded the additional 20k, after the 50k posts to your account.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read that the "tested" way to do this, is to send a secure message via Chase website to customer service, and ask to be awarded the additional 20k, after the 50k posts to your account.

Thanks! I will remember to do that after I actually get the card then. Haven't been overseas in a long time (actually, since right before 9/11) so I'm thinking it is time to rack up those points. Now I'll have a new excuse as to why shopping and getting good prices actually saves us money :hysterical:

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
My offer is for $3,000 per month. I rarely use that card but charged $2,000 last month for Marriott timeshare fees.

I hate this stuff, my offer was $2500 per month.

I guess we're all not equal after all in the eyes of Marriott

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I hate this stuff, my offer was $2500 per month.

I guess we're all not equal after all in the eyes of Marriott

Mine was $1500 per month for a total of $3000 for the 2 months. Guess I'm in the low rent district.:bawl:

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Strange calculation I have to go through:

My Fidelity Amex gets me 2% on everything...

so giving that up for $5,000 means I loose $100 in cash back.

Therefore, I'm BUYING a cat. 1-4 night for $100...

except that I also get the additional 5,000 MR point because I used that card.

Not sure it's worth it, there are a few cat. 4 places that are consistently $129+, so perhaps...

hmmm...games...maybe the only way to win is not to play...:rofl:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
No offer of any kind to me, but I used my Marriott a lot traveling in Dec/Jan and also paid MFs. Maybe they don't need to reward me since I would be able to make that looking at my recent spending history. :bawl:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently reported an example where I reserved a Cat 1 Marriott TP using a Cat 1-4 cert. The TP is charging $249 plus tax for that weekend. Also locally, this JW Marriott in Houston and this Marriott in Sugarland are Cat 4's. You just have to spend them wisely.

RandR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called to see if I could get this promotion and I was told that they are sending out notices to different cardholders over different months so I may get one in the months to come. Not sure I buy that but I guess we will see.