• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Costa Rica

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any timeshares on the Pacific side of Costa Rica. Thinking of a driving tour and would like to rent TS for a week at a time. Just in the planning stages.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
FYI you dont really need TS south of mexico (or in asia) - stuff is plenty cheap, even rivaling MF etc

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is an interval list. Most if not all are on the pacific side, however many are not on the beach. Some are a few miles inland, which is not what I was looking for when I did my research. Exchanges and getaways are few and far between and I would also look for some hotels and private rentals. VRBO had some very nice places to rent.

Amapola Vacation Club
AMV
Playa Jacó, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Coco Sunset Vacation Club
COX
Playa del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Doubletree by Hilton Puntarenas
HFS
El Roble, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

El Ocotal Beach Resort
ELO
Playa del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Flamingo Beach Resort
FLB
Santa Cruz, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Flamingo Marina Resort Hotel and Club
FLM
Playa Flamingo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Hotel Terraza del Pacífico
TDP
Jacó, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Las Terrazas de Si Como No
SCF
Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Parador Resort & Spa
HTL
Punta Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

The Sanctuary Condominiums at Playa Azul
SY2
Playa Azul, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

The Sanctuary Resort & Spa
STY
Playa Azul, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Villas Nacazcol
VNZ
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

Villas Playa Sámara
VPS
Sámara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Resort Details & Photos

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we go to Costa Rica we stay at Pueblo Real near Manuel Antonio. I believe it is available from RCI.

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Costa Rica Road Trip - Just got back!

We just spent 3 weeks touring Costa Rica. Absolutely amazing country! We had hoped to get 3 timeshare weeks but because we didn't start planning until 5 months ago, we didn't have much luck. I was able to book a 2 BR unit through RCI at Condovac la Costa in Guanacaste. We enjoyed our week there and will eventually submit a review. We also didn't want to stay just on the Pacific coast (where all the timeshare units are), so we reserved hotels for the rest of our stay. We spent 3 nights in La Fortuna (Arenal Volcano), 2 nights at a B&B at Lake Arenal, 2 nights in the cloud forest, 3 nights in Manuel Antonio, and 2 nights at airport hotels. When I couldn't find a timeshare, I switched to searching for hotels about 1-2 months before our trip. Too late! Many of the reasonably priced hotels were sold out so I ended up paying more than I had expected. I discovered that it's a very popular place. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. We hope to return some day to see more of this beautiful country.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
you did costa rica beautifully. i have been many times and plan trips for my friends going and i have them do exactly the trip you did. one other place i like to add in is tamarindo or one of the smaller towns on the peninsula beach. the beauty of costa rica is traveling around and not just staying in one place. hiking and canyoning at la fortuna, zip lines and hiking up in monteverde cloud forest. beaches and surfing in tamarindo and a little of everything in manuel antonio.

WanderingEric

Reaction score
I would greatly recommend the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. With beaches like this it is hard to go wrong!

costa_rica_beaches_l.jpg

Costa Rica's Pacific coast has much finer scenery than the Caribbean side. There are lots of interesting resorts that run almost the entire coastline. Pura Vida!

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just spent 3 weeks touring Costa Rica. Absolutely amazing country! We had hoped to get 3 timeshare weeks but because we didn't start planning until 5 months ago, we didn't have much luck. I was able to book a 2 BR unit through RCI at Condovac la Costa in Guanacaste. We enjoyed our week there and will eventually submit a review. We also didn't want to stay just on the Pacific coast (where all the timeshare units are), so we reserved hotels for the rest of our stay. We spent 3 nights in La Fortuna (Arenal Volcano), 2 nights at a B&B at Lake Arenal, 2 nights in the cloud forest, 3 nights in Manuel Antonio, and 2 nights at airport hotels. When I couldn't find a timeshare, I switched to searching for hotels about 1-2 months before our trip. Too late! Many of the reasonably priced hotels were sold out so I ended up paying more than I had expected. I discovered that it's a very popular place. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. We hope to return some day to see more of this beautiful country.

I read that the roads are in poor condition and difficult to drive on. Was that your experience?

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any shots recommended before touring Costa Rica?

What type of shots should you get before doing a tour of Costa Rica? Funtime

myoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did an organized tour of Costa Rica in January. No shots were necessary.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica this past Feb - and had a FABULOUS time! We spent a week around Alajuela exploring the Central Valley and two weeks at Pueblo Real enjoying the Central Pacific. We are already planning our next trip for Feb 2015. This time we are going to include a week at Los Almendros at Playa Ocotal in Guanacaste.

Pura Vida...

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
What type of shots should you get before doing a tour of Costa Rica? Funtime
Here is a good resource to browse about before you travel internationally:
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/

Here is the link for Costa Rica: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/costa-rica.htm

Currently, they say to get:
polio, measles/mumps/rubella (MMR), and diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus (DPT), influenza, chickenpox (or varicella), Hep A and B, and Typhoid.

Many adults are not up-to-date on even the basic vaccines. So make sure you're current and on schedule.

You may not be legally required to get any vaccinations. But personally I would not risk it. Just get the shots and travel with less worry.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that this thread is from 2012, and was brought out of mothballs by a spammer - that post was between posts 11 & 12, and has been deleted.