• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Bella Vista Owners - Read! and Vote - November 10th, 2012

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
"in the mail"

We are still waiting...looked at the website and still says "bad address" :confused:

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Never received anything in the mail

Well we still never got anything from the resort...but did from another TUGGER...what a great family we have here....thanks Bigeyes!!

all sent in and done..now to wait and see what happens...

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're most certainly welcome!! :)

bonniebarbara

Reaction score
Hi, I just found this forum. I have been trying to find information on the Escapes Resorts Vote to remain a timeshare. I wish I had gotten your info before November 6th, 2012, which is when they were meeting for this vote. I have gotten the proxy and after reading the downfall of voting Not to Extend the Declaration I unhappily voted yes to Extend. But wanted to vote NO. I had received a letter from Coopershares Owners Association towards the end of October 2012 and it had a Replacement Proxy enclosed with the letter. However I laid the letter down and did not read it until today and did not know I could change my vote. I am going to fill out the Proxy anyway and send it to Escapes. I just want on the record that I am changing my vote to NO. Probably won't change anything, but I feel better having it on record. Do you think sending this Proxy now will be a smart thing or not make any difference at all? Thank you in advance for any info you can give me on this issue.

dsfritz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bella Vista

Does anyone know specifics of how the meeting/ voting went?

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Bella Vista the Greens

The majority vote received at the meeting was to extend the Declaration for another 10 years. You should be receiving additional information in the mail soon. So sorry for the delay in getting this out!

I just pulled this off their facebook page...so looks like we have another 10 years.....
Anyone looking for another week please PM me

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, heck.. Another 10 years? Anyone want my week, too???

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
MF'S

Has anyone gotten a bill for the MF's yet?? :mad: I thought they are due Jan 1 we still havent' gotten a bill..........not that I really want one...:bawl:

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have received my bill in the mail. Prior to this, I noticed it was posted online. Did you check your account online?

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
No Bill

I did look online and paid the bill...........went up more the I expected too!!:annoyed:

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did look online and paid the bill...........went up more the I expected too!!:annoyed:

The maintenance fees have gone up each and every single year since I've owned a week at this resort (HSV). Then we had to pay Special Assessments on top of that. YUCK.

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
yup

yup same here.............so looks like this one needs to go soon too....

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!

We finally got the bill in the mail......:annoyed::annoyed: We have four days to pay it and post!! :wall::hysterical::hysterical: Doesn't give you much time...letter says it's due by Jan 1.........

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
The majority vote received at the meeting was to extend the Declaration for another 10 years. You should be receiving additional information in the mail soon. So sorry for the delay in getting this out!

NPKW

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Extended yes, but now Festiva wants thousands from you.

I was pleased about the extension. Then I saw we are only assured RCI & II affiliation until 2015. Festiva wants thousands of dollars for "conversion" to their benefits which I see as grossly unfair. I use my unit for trading through RCI and II. I never stay in the week/unit. Festiva will be the "major" vote since they purchased all unsold units from Escapes/Cooper. See my post under the "Festiva" thread. I feel I have been duped by paying the recent assessment, only to sell out to Festiva after the fact. Festiva Rep showed me the "tiny" piece of the pie that will soon be "HOA." In other words, they will control the resort and our "Association" will be "little" to nothing, meaningless. Management should have made their plan to sell, known to owners prior to assessment of $535. I feel I have been deceived and cheated.