• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] What is there do in Branson beside shows

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the Circque show a permanent attraction? If so, which one is it? DH and I have seen 7 (me)/8 (DH) of them and our goal is to see them all!

We'll be in Branson for a week this summer with MIL for her 90th. She has mobility issues, so we're interested in other activities besides shows, however, need to keep her limited mobility in mind.

Ingrid

Could always do the Showboat, little different than a show.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you find yourself in Springfield go to Lambertis," home of the throwed rolls" Too much food, you chose an entree and they bring around the veggies, and more veggies, and more veggies. I hope they are still there.:eek:

We went to a cavern tour on a boat while we were in Springfield, but I wasn't too impressed.

Is the Precious Moment Chapel still there?

shaggy

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to a cavern tour on a boat while we were in Springfield, but I wasn't too impressed.

Is the Precious Moment Chapel still there?

shaggy

LOL - you mean the cavern tour in a jeep? Don't know of one with a boat. And the Precious Moments Chapel is in Carthage, about an hour drive from Springfield.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Silver Dollar City. It's much more than just a family-oriented theme park. There are some thrill rides there, but there's a lot more. Many shows, craft demonstrations, etc. At Christmas time, there are tons of lights, Christmas shows and a very impressive Christmas tree with syncronized lights and music. We buy annual passes and try to go there 2-3 days on every trip (2-3 times a year).

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Silver Dollar City. It's much more than just a family-oriented theme park. There are some thrill rides there, but there's a lot more. Many shows, craft demonstrations, etc. At Christmas time, there are tons of lights, Christmas shows and a very impressive Christmas tree with syncronized lights and music. We buy annual passes and try to go there 2-3 days on every trip (2-3 times a year).

plus a nice cave tour at Silver Dollar City and some other cave tours in the area, including one in splringfield where you ride around in little cars. As far as Lake of the Ozarks, i own there, my ownership includes 10 hours of boat time, and pm me if you want it.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMGosh,

How could I forget. Make sure to see the Circque DeSoleil show. It's amazing!
If you've never seen one of their shows you will be amazed.:clap:

I don't think it is an actual Cirque DeSoleil show. From what I could find, the show is called Cirque Montage and features former Cirque DeSoleil performers.

http://www.starlitetheatre.com/branson-shows/cirque-montage/

Looks good, thanks for the tip. We will be in Branson in July and will have to check it out.

squeeze

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is an actual Cirque DeSoleil show. From what I could find, the show is called Cirque Montage and features former Cirque DeSoleil performers.

http://www.starlitetheatre.com/branson-shows/cirque-montage/

Looks good, thanks for the tip. We will be in Branson in July and will have to check it out.

I'm not sure about it being an 'actual Cirque' performance; but if it's not you will not be able to tell the difference. I've been to many of their shows in different cities and I would say the one is Branson is an actual show, or they must have some sort of contract with Cirque (since you said its states 'former Cirque Performers) and The 'Montage' may just be the name of that particular performance (that I'm not sure).

It is truly fabulous though. In fact, I have tickets to go to another one of their shows in the next month. (although not in Branson, but I am still excited).:clap:

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
there are different Cirque companies, in Florida we see Cirque dreams every year - excellent.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
It sounds like something we would enjoy seeing. MIL has seen 2 with us...they usually have a show every Christmas time in San Francisco and we take her to see it when she visits us vs. us visiting her during the holidays.

We enjoyed our time in Branson about 5 or 6 years ago and are looking forward to this upcoming trip. Our last trip was focused on shows and outlet shopping and we're hoping to add some other activities this trip.

Ingrid

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which of the many timeshares have the best pool, etc. for children?

I have found just about every pool there is cold. when we stayed at Holiday Hills, it was in the high 80's, and the pool was so cold noone was in it. things may have changed, as we stopped going after our car was totalled there, but at least 12 exchanges and i don't think i was ever able to enjoy a pool because they don't heat them very much.

Reaction score
I have found just about every pool there is cold. when we stayed at Holiday Hills, it was in the high 80's, and the pool was so cold noone was in it. things may have changed, as we stopped going after our car was totalled there, but at least 12 exchanges and i don't think i was ever able to enjoy a pool because they don't heat them very much.

What time of year do you go? We always make time for the pool and it has been very warm, but then again we go in mid-to-late summer and prefer to play in the outdoor pool. I think indoor pools are cold year round!

Reaction score

SDC compares very favorably to Disney World, in my opinion, in cleanliness, in staff (plenty of cheerful staff in costume and in character all over the place), and general charm. I highly recommend Silver Dollar City!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I think indoor pools are cold year round!

We like to stay at Wyndham Mountain Vista because of the indoor pool - a large one and resasonably heated, fine for laps!

we are here now

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There a few nice places to hike including a conservation area. There is a new building at the big dam that is an exhibit center with tours of the dam with a hike around the lake available...but hot. The tours of the dam are inside.
We really liked everything about the Marriott..great location, pool, indoor and outdoor pools. If you can stomach a TS presentation, many come with significant show discounts. I know the Wyndham does. They are high pressure...do not buy. I went to the Sales Center on the main highway for some maps. I said no presentation. they offered me lots of cash and big show discounts. We signed up and went. I passed a TUG note to a new owner, the salesman saw me and we were told we did not have to do the presentation and we did get our gifts. Pretty cool. Just remember, if a timeshare salesman lips are moving, he IS lying! That is why they wanted us away from their tour center.:hysterical:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
last week we sold our two lake of the ozarks weeks, so happy!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Silver Dollar City. It's much more than just a family-oriented theme park. There are some thrill rides there, but there's a lot more. Many shows, craft demonstrations, etc. At Christmas time, there are tons of lights, Christmas shows and a very impressive Christmas tree with syncronized lights and music.

I second Silver Dollar City. Back when we lived in St Louis we would spend a week there every year, either during the Fall Crafts Festival or at Christmas. SDC often has something for both kids and adults.

George