• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] On Christmas Eve, Lets See Your Tree

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I figured with Christmas Eve it would be fun to see what other people's Christmas Trees look like. Give us some extra details if you wish.

Photo074-2.jpg

Ours is simple, other than the 2300 lights that have been hand wrapped throughout and around the individual branches. Just a simple set of light blue and silver bulbs, not even a topper.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like you had any room for a topper. Very beautiful tree.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Here's mine:

downsized_1224011141a.jpg

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, Dioxide, how lovely and color coordinated - even the wrapping paper, walls, and picture on the wall!

Karen, mine usually looks more like yours, a colorful assortment of misc. decorations collected over the years. We tend to go for toys and old cars.

No tree for us this year, though, first year ever without one. One of our foster kitties LOVES to climb, and I just couldn't imagine what he'd do to a tree. Our house is too open to close him or the tree up somewhere.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Chanukah Menorah instead of a tree

Here's our menorah lit for tonight. A couple of gifts are wrapped in Christmas paper. DS flies in tomorrow to spend holidays with us and open gifts.

Attachments

• 12 24 11_0001.JPG
    12 24 11_0001.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 69

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here 'Tis

Here it is: Happiest of holidays to you all! Jim and Paula

003-1.jpg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
xmas_tree_AP111130065563_620x350.jpg

Oh, you meant my tree... nevermind.

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
68a93a3d.jpg

Here's ours, I collect ornaments made by a lady called Gladys Boalt. They are mostly of historical characters.

In this photo, you can somewhat make out Joan of Arc, King Arthur, Statue of Liberty, Merriweather Lewis (or is it Clark?), Buffalo Bill, Mozart, Cleopatra, Louis the IX, also a unicorn and a buffalo. Our tree topper is Marie Antionette.

I will try to take a photo today with the new ornaments (we opened gifts last night)- I cleaned up and got Sacagewa, Annie Oakley, George Washington, Napolean & Josephine, and a giraffe. Annie Oakleys gun is missing though and she needs to be returned.

H

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Here's our menorah lit for tonight. A couple of gifts are wrapped in Christmas paper. DS flies in tomorrow to spend holidays with us and open gifts.

Happy Chanukah to you and yours!

Whatever your observance, may everyone have a wonderful holiday and a happy and healthy New Year!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Lets see this years tree [2012]

Photo006.jpg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Kids are in grad school, but when they get home "they're 6 years old again".

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Darn.......I thought everyone would want to share their Christmas cheer.....do people really not decorate anymore? no picture-takers out there?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Darn.......I thought everyone would want to share their Christmas cheer.....do people really not decorate anymore? no picture-takers out there?
The tree has moved from the bucket in the front yard to the living room, and all 19 boxes of decorations are down from the rafters and staged throughout the house but we're definitely not camera ready!

Since this is the timesharing board, can I use the excuse of four trips in the past eight weeks as an excuse? ;)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I loved your pictures! Great job and beautiful decorations. My tiny tree this year pales in comparison.

IMG_0836.jpg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
you kidding? why it's gorgeous. very sweet. the whole vignette is perfect...thanks for taking the time....hope we get some more.....it is Christmas, right?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to take picture with I-phone but how do I get it to this site? Am not very computer literate. H-e-l-p please! :)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Want to take picture with I-phone but how do I get it to this site? Am not very computer literate. H-e-l-p please! :)
I took my picture with my iPhone and then it uploaded to my computer by the photostream feature. If you haven't set up photo stream (I think you might have to have an Apple computer to get that to work) I think you could send the picture to yourself via email. Then save it to your computer. Then go to photobucket or some other photo storage place to get a link to share the picture to TUG.

There is probably some other easier way to do it and, if so, I hope a computer wizard will come along to tell us how to do it.:)

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOVE all the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL trees. no tree for us this year, due to "SANDY", however, i get joy seeing all your pictures. next year,(God willing) DEFINITELY!!!

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ill post another one on Christmas Eve once I have all the presents under the tree. :) Ill also use a real camera. LOL

But here it is after my daughter and I decorated the tree w/Rossi, the smaller of my two dogs, laying in front of it. :)

228197_10151316579935853_1967152262_n.jpg