• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes if BG buys they they will go into points
If we find buyes they will stay UDI

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Does anyone know if BG only reserves the 1 red, 2 white/blue and 1 45 day a year. Or do they use it multiple times in one year. If they only make 4 reservations a year it leaves the rest of the udi owners a lot of weeks.
I have to admit that I am able to get 20+ deposits a year into II with this type of membership.

Need to Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that BG only uses the red week but I have never been able to verify that.

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
So with these UDI, since you have three different weeks reserved all the time, how does this work with II, when we want to deposit the three weeks we have reserved into II what do we do, with a standard timeshare, a year before check in date it shows up in my II weeks and allows me to deposit.l

Need to Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
BG exchange department deposits them now but II deposits them as supplemental weeks
Also you have 4 reservations on the books at one time

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
BG exchange department deposits them now but II deposits them as supplemental weeks
Also you have 4 reservations on the books at one time

Do they expire with II two years after the usage date? Do they show up as a two bedroom supplemental week?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you guys that bought these ownerships last year and the year before. Are you swimming in TPU's and II Exchanges right now? Have you found you were able to get rid of some of your other timeshares and just use this one for everything?

Man, this is extremely interesting to me, 100-200+ TPU's a year from one ownership with 'midlevel' MF's should be a no brainer

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
So you guys that bought these ownerships last year and the year before. Are you swimming in TPU's and II Exchanges right now? Have you found you were able to get rid of some of your other timeshares and just use this one for everything?

Man, this is extremely interesting to me, 100-200+ TPU's a year from one ownership with 'midlevel' MF's should be a no brainer

I think you'd have to work it continually to get 200+, but 100+ would be more than doable. I've had my Timbers since the beginning of October; I've done two deposits to RCI for 22 TPUs, 1 week to II to exchange for a 2 bedroom Marriott, used 1 reservation to stay there for a long weekend and booked another stay for next month, and I can make my next reservation on December 14th.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score

Some dummies like me:rofl: have owned UDI Cottages and Timbers for the past 12-13 years. I prefer the Timbers because they trade better with II and use can use other exchange companies unlike a lot of points programs. Also IMHO :D they rent better.

In regards to the $2450 Timbers special assessment if you reserve 30 reservations over the next 3 years that proration adds 81.66 per reservation. If you had owned for 9 year that would prorate to $27.22 per reservation.

IMHO these UDI's will increase in a couple of years because they offer the best value.

I hear that the Timbers upgrades are very nice. Some have panicked and are basically giving :bawl:their UDI's away for various reasons. But there are only 17 Oak Timbers and about 80 or more UDI Cottages.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hear that the Timbers upgrades are very nice.

Yes, I was up there a week ago to check it out and they are very nice for the most part. There are a couple of odd choices, but it's a very comfortable unit.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The person who just tied to contact me I could not respond as a message said the popup was :shrug: blocked. Email me direct or call any time between 8 AM to 8 PM CST.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, if i buy this. Anyone wanna work as a 'property manager' for me?

You can keep all the profits made above costs, i just want to cover the MF's and the $55 fees and get 100 TPU's a year in RCI.

Hell, on the VERY low end, 15TPU's per deposit in RCI and rental rates of $50 a night, 13 reservations just for rentals, thats $4550, with fees of $3054.43 you could make a few hundred to a few thousand Easily!!

Hows that sound?

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, if i buy this. Anyone wanna work as a 'property manager' for me?

You can keep all the profits made above costs, i just want to cover the MF's and the $55 fees and get 100 TPU's a year in RCI.

Hell, on the VERY low end, 15TPU's per deposit in RCI and rental rates of $50 a night, 13 reservations just for rentals, thats $4550, with fees of $3054.43 you could make a few hundred to a few thousand Easily!!

Hows that sound?

Your plan to rent out at $50 per night on all reservations plus the $65 housekeeping =$415 which would be very hard to get in mud season in a UDI Cottages or a UDI Oak Timbers based on our 13 years of CMV rentals.

Another thing seeing we have owner both UDI Cottages and UDI Oak Timbers for the same dates you can get $50 to $100 more for a UDI Oak Timbers.

Many times at those same price differences for the same dates UDI Oak Timbers will rent while the UDI Cottage will not because the Oak Timbers has more desirable amenities,

Housekeeping fees are $65 per reservation not $55. The UDI Pure Oak Timbers special assessment is about $2,450 while the is higher.

We had paid the last 2 special assessments on all of our CMV ownerships.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
and Bruce and a few others have a good clientele going. it is not easy to rent out the weeks, too much competition.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the trading power of CMV in II?

Is it able to pull Marriott and HGVC affiliates outside of the 90 days? I have enough RCI points but need an II trader since some of the resorts I am interested it are only in II. My goal is to get into the Marriotts in the Carribean, Grand Luxxe in Mexico, Grand Cayman and the HGVC FL affiliates.

How far in advance can you book CMV? I assume the 3 reservation rule at any time is per each calendar year? To maximize TPU's I need to deposit in RCI ideally 9+ months out and also II but if I do that, I won't be able to book until one of the 3 check in dates has arrived?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I can only travel in shoulder/off season for the above destinations (May- September) so I don't need prime weeks or school weeks.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!!:hi:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interested it are only in II. My goal is to get into the Marriotts in the Carribean

I think if that's your goal you should get a Marriott week, as they probably won't get past the preference period.

I used a white CMV week to pull a Marriott Orlando. You can actually have four reservations at any one time - one red, two white/blue, and one any color within 45 days of check-in. As soon as the check-in date hits, you can make your next reservation for that color week.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've had no problem getting off-season week Marriott exchanges with CMV deposits, including some of the nicer Marriott resorts (Newport Coasts, Ville de France, etc.).

I missed his "off-season" post, so it seems like it might be more likely.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had no problem getting off-season week Marriott exchanges with CMV deposits, including some of the nicer Marriott resorts (Newport Coasts, Ville de France, etc.).

Were you able to see them outside the 90 day window or get them via ongoing search?

Is the 4 reservations looked at on a calendar year basis or rolling basis? Idealy to maximize TPU's and get the best weeks I was thinking book in advance as far as possible but if this ties up the ability to book another reservation until check in date, it hinders additional reservations

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've booked through outside the 60 day window and via ongoing search.

It's 4 active reservations at a time. If you book them really close in, you can get MANY reservations in a year. Once a check-in date arrives, you can book another week for that category (red/white or blue/45 day).

My original thinking was to book far out, too, but once RCI revealed TPU numbers, I realized that the "penalty" for close-in reservations wasn't bad. 31-90 days gets 80% of the full trading value, 91-180 days gets 90%, and 181-275 days gets 95%. That's not much difference. I typically don't do 15-30 days (60%), but 31+ days is great IMHO.

tillmalo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Hyatt Mountain Lodge in Beaver Creek, just after Thanksgiving, on a white CMV week. They got about a foot of snow while we were there, it was great! I booked that trip about 6 months in advance. We are staying at the Hyatt Piñon Pine in Sedona in February on another CMV week. I've been pleasantly surprised at some of the trades the weeks pull. If you are looking at off season, I think you'll be pleased with your trades.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I'm at Piñon Pointe this week, loving it, practically have the place to ourselves. High 60s today, hiking in shorts.

Sent from my iPad Gen 4 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I don't need loads of TPU's or weeks but I am lacking in an Interval trader.

How far out did you deposit for the Interval trade?