• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of the UID's are deeded unit number and week number 1 - 17, the week number is not a week number as much as it is 1 of 17 ownerships for that unit number,
But I also have seen some weird numbering that I havent figured out what they did. It doesnt correspond to a week or unit number. It is typically a 4 digit number.

The UDI Cottage I sold to Boca years ago had 4 numbers and one letter for inventory purposes.

Bruce :D

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I acquired a UDI last year and started booking weeks in May 2011. So far, I have booked a June red week, a July red week, 5 nights (red) in August, Labor Day week (also red), a Christmas week (also red; the resort offers skiing), and about four off-season weeks. By renting out some of the red reservations I was able to cover my annual fees. I have been so happy with my Christmas Mountain Village Cottage UDI that I recently bought a second UDI there, despite the pending special assessment.

To clarify how one can book multiple red weeks each year, the contract allows each owner to have up to four reservations (1 red, 2 blue/white, 1 45-day) at a time, not four reservations per year. As soon as the check-in date for a reservation passes, an owner can book another reservation. So, once the check-in date for my July red week had passed, I was able to book the Labor Day red week. After check-in for my Labor Day week, I was able to book the Christmas week. (The June red week and August red partial week were booked with my 45-day reservation.)

It is true that if all owners booked all of the weeks they are entitled to, each owner would get only three weeks a year, of which about half would be blue or white weeks. (Just under half the year at Christmas Mountain Village is red.) However, few owners seem to use more than one or two weeks a year. We Tuggers are unusual!

Sounds like an usual one, and takes some time to master if you do not know what you are doing. Hate passing up an opportunity like this, but I would hate to get it and not make the most of it.
Hey, the more complicated a timeshare is, the better I like it! It's like playing chess, but you win low-cost vacations all the time!

I actually hesitated about buying a CMV UDI because I was afraid it would be hard to use. (Well that, and I'm cheap--UDIs cost about $4000 and up just a couple of years ago.) But, it's really quite easy. I suppose a person could lie awake nights trying to plot out how to extract the maximum value from their UDI (OK, I've done that a few times), but getting 80% or so of the maximum value is quite easy and is still a very good deal.

I think if one used a CMV UDI just for getting TPUs in RCI Weeks, it would be no problem to get 200 TPUs per year if one was willing to phone Bluegreen every few weeks. (Bluegreen is pretty efficient at answering their phones and making reservations, luckily.) However, most UDI owners seem to use their weeks in a combination of ways, rather than just depositing with RCI Weeks. They use some red weeks themselves or rent them, they deposit with II or with independent exchange companies, they maybe use a few weeks in RCI Points-For-Deposit. That's one of the great things about this type of ownership: it can be used many ways.

My main worry is that I'll end up with more TPUs and other deposits than I can use! :) I am such a timeshare addict!

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose a person could lie awake nights trying to plot out how to extract the maximum value from their UDI (OK, I've done that a few times), but getting 80% or so of the maximum value is quite easy and is still a very good deal.
I supposed a person could also create a spreadsheet to help them pick the best weeks to reserve and to figure out what is the best place to use those weeks (RCI Weeks, PFD to RCI Points, etc.). Then they wouldn't have to lie awake at night.

I think if one used a CMV UDI just for getting TPUs in RCI Weeks, it would be no problem to get 200 TPUs per year if one was willing to phone Bluegreen every few weeks.
You could actually do quite a bit better than that. Part of the challenge is finding the balance between maximizing the total TPU vs. minimizing the cost per TPU. If you get weeks just as quickly as you can (less than a month out, getting 60% of the full value) you can probably get close to 500. If you choose a little more strategically (35 days out is a good target because you get 80% of the full value), you can get a few hundred at a very low TPU cost.

That's all subject to change if more owners start to fully utilize them, but that's how it looks right now.

FWIW, the upfront costs (for those of us who bought at higher prices) and the special assessment have a pretty minimal cost in the scheme of things. If you're booking 20 weeks a year, that's 200 over 10 years. Spreading a $4k purchase price (or special assessment) over 200 bookings is just $20/booking.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could actually do quite a bit better than that. Part of the challenge is finding the balance between maximizing the total TPU vs. minimizing the cost per TPU. If you get weeks just as quickly as you can (less than a month out, getting 60% of the full value) you can probably get close to 500.

In 2011 alone, if I would have given all my UDI reservations to RCI weeks I would have ended up with way more than 500 TPU.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2011 alone, if I would have given all my UDI reservations to RCI weeks I would have ended up with way more than 500 TPU.

how many weeks are you booking to get that many tpus. sounds like over 25 weeks.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
how many weeks are you booking to get that many tpus. sounds like over 25 weeks.

I didn't get that many TPUs because I only gave 14 weeks to RCI. The rest were rentals and personal use. But yes, over 25 weeks.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that many TPUs because I only gave 14 weeks to RCI. The rest were rentals and personal use. But yes, over 25 weeks.
do you do seminars? :)

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a great teacher who taught me well. Thanks, Bruce!

You are welcome. Some like you :cheer: and a few other tuggers have done a great job with them. Pat is very smart and will do very well with her UDI.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are welcome. Some like you :cheer: and a few other tuggers have done a great job with them. Pat is very smart and will do very well with her UDI.

but not enough time to use all the tpus. so far I haven't bothered with the 45 dayers, except to book one for someone who needed it. don't know if I want to venture into rentals.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
but not enough time to use all the tpus. so far I haven't bothered with the 45 dayers, except to book one for someone who needed it. don't know if I want to venture into rentals.

I don't rent any of my resies there. There are more than enough rentals available that I don't bother to compete. I use mine for exchanges and PFD

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Pat, she has a pure Cottage and not a blended Cottage.

Bruce:D
What is the difference between pure and blended cottages? Thanks

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
blended cottages gave up the red week for Vacation Club Points, but can stuill book them so many days out.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
blended cottages gave up the red week for Vacation Club Points, but can stuill book them so many days out.

Pat is correct that on a Blended you get you BG Points to use every year. Then at all times you can have two Flex reservations that can be white or Blue reservered up to one year before the check in date. You also can have one Flex reservation reservered up to 90 days before check its check in date and it can be red, white or blue.

On a Pure at all times you can have two Flex reservations that can be white or Blue reservered up to one year before the check in date. You also can have one red Flex reservation reservered up to one year before check its check in date. Then you can have a fourth flex reservation reservation 45 days before check its check in date and it can be red, white or blue.

Once a flex reservation date arrives you can reserve another of the same type.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I supposed a person could also create a spreadsheet to help them pick the best weeks to reserve and to figure out what is the best place to use those weeks (RCI Weeks, PFD to RCI Points, etc.). Then they wouldn't have to lie awake at night....

Better yet, a person could find a nice TUG member who would give her a copy of his spreadsheet, so she wouldn't have to set up her own! :D

Mike, is your spreadsheet in Excel? I really don't know Excel (or any other spreadsheet program), but if it were already set up and I just had to "populate" the data fields with what I had booked, I could probably mange it.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
what a wonderful idea JudyS ;)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you agree, Pat!

...I really don't know Excel (or any other spreadsheet program), but if it were already set up and I just had to "populate" the data fields with what I had booked, I could probably mange it.
I meant to say I could manage an Excel spreadsheet -- but I probably could also mangle an Excel spreadsheet! I don't actually think I could "mange" one, since spreadsheets don't have fur!

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on Sale of HOA UDI ownerships

We are to vote next week on prorating Maintenance Fees on HOA inventory, MF for the CMV UDI runs from June 1 to May 31.
We still do have ownerships that are for sale. It is taking about 3 months. You are allowed 30 days to back out, then they start the closing, that seems to be why they are taking so long. You may not make reservations until your ownship has been transfered,

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are to vote next week on prorating Maintenance Fees on HOA inventory, MF for the CMV UDI runs from June 1 to May 31.
We still do have ownerships that are for sale. It is taking about 3 months. You are allowed 30 days to back out, then they start the closing, that seems to be why they are taking so long. You may not make reservations until your ownship has been transfered,

How much will they be running?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
that have some to give away, or do you mean the maintenance fee cost? close to $1000.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
NeedtoTravel said in the post above mine that they were for sale, so I thought there was an initial cost.

I took one of these recently. It cost me $250 in closing costs and the MF of around $950 but they're apparently going to prorate it for anyone who takes it, so acquiring it would be cheaper for the first year.

I've done alot with my unit so far since October. I've done 6 reservations so far. Got a 2 bedroom DVC unit with only two weeks of deposits and a combine fee. Deposited to RCI points for a 2 bedroom in Ft. Myers at the beach in the summer, Booked an Orlando Oasis 2 bedroom unit, deposited a unit to Platinum interchange and have an ongoing request for Hawaii which they have already called me on with several options and I still have 14 TPU's left over in RCI.

I've already had my ownership confirmed with II and I've even seen Marriott beach weeks in Palm beach in summer with this ownership. I'm surprised at how much more inventory I see with CMV than I did with my other supposedly silvercrown unit. :rolleyes:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took one of these recently. It cost me $250 in closing costs and the MF of around $950 but they're apparently going to prorate it for anyone who takes it, so acquiring it would be cheaper for the first year.

I've done alot with my unit so far since October. I've done 6 reservations so far. Got a 2 bedroom DVC unit with only two weeks of deposits and a combine fee. Deposited to RCI points for a 2 bedroom in Ft. Myers at the beach in the summer, Booked an Orlando Oasis 2 bedroom unit, deposited a unit to Platinum interchange and have an ongoing request for Hawaii which they have already called me on with several options and I still have 14 TPU's left over in RCI.

I've already had my ownership confirmed with II and I've even seen Marriott beach weeks in Palm beach in summer with this ownership. I'm surprised at how much more inventory I see with CMV than I did with my other supposedly silvercrown unit. :rolleyes:

The UDI Cottages do pretty nice with II and other exchange cpmpanies besides RCI but we have known that for over 12 years. The UDI Timbers do slightly better with II because of being lager and have a second bathroom, etc.

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas Mountain HOA Inventory

Any new deed transfers from the HOA until June closings will only have a 250 closing fee, which includes the $100 transfer fee. So total out of pocket is $250. We felt that prorating would not be fair as we dont know if you would be able to get many reservations.

Usage will begin June 2012. MF will be due June 1 2012 of 923.43

If after your deed is transfered and you get a reservation in Mar - May it will be a bonus as you didnt pay those MF. It will all depend on the reservation department on wither they allow you to make a reservation before June.