• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm reposting this again since some things have changed.
This Unique Timeshare UDI ownership is being given away from excess inventory in the Homeowners Association (HOA), I am on the Board of Directors and helping this inventory to go to new owners.

This type of ownership is no longer sold at the resort. I personally own 14 deeds of this type, this type of ownership is far superior to any other timeshare ownership.

This ownership allows you to book 4 reservations at any one time at Christmas Mountain Village Resort in Wisconsin Dells in the cottage units.
•1 reservation can be reserved up to1 year in the highest demand week "red" season
•2 reservations can be booked in the white or blue season
•1 reservation can be booked 45 days from check in, based on availability

Each one of these reservations can be for up to 7 days. You may book fewer days if you like, but it does count as one of your 4 reservations. Once any reservation date is reached you can then reserve another reservation that can be booked for up to 7 full nights. There is a $55 housekeeping fee per
reservation that is used, not based on the number of nights. The $55 housekeeping fee is charged when someone checks into the unit at the resort.

Starting Nov 1st, UDI owners that do not cancel their reservation more than 72 hours in advance pay a $25 reservation cancellation fee. The resort has a 2 night minimum stay, but as long as you are willing to pay the $55 housekeeping fee there is no problem to stay one night and check out.

You may easily reserve 10 weeks per year with this ownership. Again this is based on current availability.

This resort is affiliated with both RCI and Interval International exchange companies. You may deposit into either company. My family has exchanged into Disney, Marriott, Hilton Head, SC, Aruba, St Thomas, USVI and many other destinations using this ownership. It is the best type of ownership available if you want to stay in timeshare resorts at a very reasonable rate.

When I exchange through the exchange companies I can put in one or two white weeks and get a very nice vacation for less than $300 for a week. I do rent out my high demand Red weeks to cover my maintenance fees.

You will be responsible for maintenance fees that were due June 1, 2011, the fee is 923.43 for fiscal year June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2012 .

There is a possible special assessment, but the BOD has put it on hold for approx 6 - 10 months. The likelihood that a SA would happen before fall of 2012 is very unlikely.

Please feel free to call with any questions,

763-559-9686 please leave a message if I'm not there.

Closing costs are $250

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
...........This Unique Timeshare .........

.........This ownership allows you to book 4 reservations at any one time at Christmas Mountain Village Resort in Wisconsin Dells in the cottage units.
•1 reservation can be reserved up to1 year in the highest demand week "red" season
•2 reservations can be booked in the white or blue season
•1 reservation can be booked 45 days from check in, based on availability

You may easily reserve 10 weeks per year with this ownership. Again this is based on current availability.

Is if fair to make the following assumptions

1) there are 13 ownerships per cottage (13 x 4 weeks = 52 weeks)
2) that it is now possible to get more than 4 reservations per ownership (subject to availability) means that either some owners are not taking full advantage of what they own, or not every one of the possible ownerships is owned
3) once you find new owners for the excess inventory, and assuming that the new owners try to get the up to ten reservations you mention, it will become less likely that on owner can get more than just their 4 reservations a year
4) the POA has decided not to renovate all the units, scaled back on their plans, or just postponed the inevitable

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the very start of this ownership, 1988, some owners have managed to get ten or more weeks a year from it. Don't know why, but it has always worked. i bought in May, have booked 4 red weeks, one white, one blue, am eligible to book more right now, but have so many tpus that i haven't booked my 45 dayer or next white week.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's my take on the first two assumptions.

Actually, I think there are 17 ownerships per UDI cottage (17 x 3 weeks = 51 weeks). In theory, that means everyone should be able to get three reservations per year. In practice, it's quite a bit more than that.
2) that it is now possible to get more than 4 reservations per ownership (subject to availability) means that either some owners are not taking full advantage of what they own, or not every one of the possible ownerships is owned
There are definitely many not taking full advantage of it. I've had good success getting more than 10 reservations per year.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Just wanted to add that I've taken one of these units in June and have still yet to receive my deed. BG is very slow to close on these units so I've missed a few opportunities this year but am hopeful that once I do get closed I'll be swimming in TPU's. :D

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started the process in December and finally got the ownership in first week of May.
and there are 17 owners per unit.

steved2psi

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many TPUs could you get in a year?

Just wanting to see what the range would be to get an estimate on what the cost per TPU would be. Thanks.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to check the deposit calculator for specifics, but range from 13-35 I think.

KT

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to check the deposit calculator for specifics, but range from 13-35 I think.

KT

Is that 13 to 35 per reservation, over 100 per ownership if you push this to the limit...

Another question

If I make a reservation and deposit it to RCI do I pay the $55 housekeeping charge or is that for the person that actually uses the week...ie charged at check in

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have obviously missed something here. If you are to get one red week, 2 blue/white weeks, and 1 45 days out how did you get 4 red weeks? Just trying to understand this deed a little more in case I decide to purchase one.

From the very start of this ownership, 1988, some owners have managed to get ten or more weeks a year from it. Don't know why, but it has always worked. i bought in May, have booked 4 red weeks, one white, one blue, am eligible to book more right now, but have so many tpus that i haven't booked my 45 dayer or next white week.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I make a reservation and deposit it to RCI do I pay the $55 housekeeping charge or is that for the person that actually uses the week...ie charged at check in
The UDI owner has to pay the housekeeping fee to deposit into RCI.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
how did I gt 4 red weeks, when i got control of unit, I booked my red week, late July, then I booked my 45 dayer Memorial weekend, when the 45 dayer was started, I booked August as a 45 dayer, when the July week started, i booked New Years Week. these are all red weeks, but there are not many weeks outside of summer.

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an usual one, and takes some time to master if you do not know what you are doing. Hate passing up an opportunity like this, but I would hate to get it and not make the most of it.

how did I gt 4 red weeks, when i got control of unit, I booked my red week, late July, then I booked my 45 dayer Memorial weekend, when the 45 dayer was started, I booked August as a 45 dayer, when the July week started, i booked New Years Week. these are all red weeks, but there are not many weeks outside of summer.

Need to Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does take some brain power to use but ecconomically it is the best deal out there. Even when I pay exchange fees it is far cheaper to exchange than to own a week at the resorts I get in exchanges.

Right now I am scheduled for Bluebeards Beach Club in St Thomas in Oct, I also have 3 units a Marriott Harbour Lake in Orlando over Xmas, each of these exchanges through II cost me $204 per week. I used white weeks for these exchanges.

I rent out enough to cover my MF so I dont include MF in my costs for exchange.

Cost to exchange, Interval 149 plus the $55 HKF = 204
RCI 179 plus 55 = 234, but since I dont put in Red weeks and my TPU is too low for some vacations I have to combine my deposits in RCI. But if you just want to deposit and exchange you can deposit a Red week and get more TPUs. Many times I will deposit into RCI 45 days out. That way it doesnt tie up a week for very long and then I can rebook again. Recently I deposited less than 45 days out (white) and still got TPU of 13. I figure when I combine I usually have about 6 deposits in there and then it is worth the $99 to combine.

If you have questions please feel free to call me, I dont come on here too often so If I dont answer please send me a private message.

Need to Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
At sometime there will be an update/renovate. Right now the management company is looking into what can be done for $3000 per owner or 1000 per UDI interval. That $3000 would be spread over 3 - 4 years. This "renovation/update" has now been on the BOD radar for 5 years. Nothing is moving very quickly. I would not be surprised if it is well over a year before anything is decided. We all know this is not a good time to have a special assessment.

The inventory is put in a pool, many owners dont use their time, therefore it is left to other owners. During this summer there was availability most the summer at the 46 day out. When 45 days came then the inventory disappered.

There are 17 owners per cottage unit. If everyone was using their ownership you would not be guaranteed your 45 day.

3) once you find new owners for the excess inventory, and assuming that the new owners try to get the up to ten reservations you mention, it will become less likely that on owner can get more than just their 4 reservations a year
4) the POA has decided not to renovate all the units, scaled back on their plans, or just postponed the inevitable

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Is that 13 to 35 per reservation, over 100 per ownership if you push this to the limit...

Another question

Actually I believe if you push this to the limit it can go well over 200 but you'll be quite busy calling BG to do this. ;)

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The UDI owner has to pay the housekeeping fee to deposit into RCI.

Of course the same applies to II or any other exchange companies for any of the 2 CMV UDI's the CMV UDI Cottages or CMV UDI OAK Timbers and none of the other NON UDI CMV deeded non BG point ownerships that can not make multi resevations on just one UDI ownership.

If you get 10 weeks per year out of a "Pure" CMV Cottage with the currant years $923.43 maintenance fees that =a cost prorated cost of $93.34 per reservation plus the $55 housekeeping fee for a total of only $148.43 per reservation to stay at the resort for up to 7 nights.

If you would rent out a prime summer week and a Chriatmas or New years Week you should more than cover your yearly maintenance fees (as many of us due)and have 8 other reservations that will cost you only $55 for up to 7 nights or less than $8 per night. If you put a little effort in to it you can get 3 summer reservations out of one "Pure CMV UDI"

Or you can try to rent out some or all of those 8 other reservations or exchange with many other exchange companies besides RCI and II.

The "pure" CMV UDI's are IMHO easier to use than most points programs plus the "Pure CMV UDI's" without points are deeded which gives owners far more protection in regards to usage rules protection.

Many of you if you are a longtime points program owner know what I am talking about. More costly restrictions on usage. One example is RCI Points who have talen away many perks of the RCI Points program with no warnings.

The CMV UDI's are easy to use as once a reservation date rolls off of the books you can book another reservation of the same type.

If you cancel under the new rules more than 72 hours before check in you can make another reservation of the same type at no charge.

What Sheri said in regards to any possible special assessments was said at the Cottage meetings and also at the CMV Timbers meeting I was one of 2 owners present and the other was the CMVer.

Sheri IMHO has done a great joy for the CMV UDI Cottage owners interests.

We were told basically the same thing at the Timbers meeting but they also said that the figures formally posted on the CMV in regards to any possible special assessments amounts were no longer valid and would taken down and they were.

Bluegreens management at the 2 HOA board meetings I attending implyed that they would try to reduce the former possible special assessments figures down to about 1/2 of what they had posted before.

I am on record on the Bluegreen Yahoo site posting even before the CMV HOA meetings this April that IMHO the figures posted on the CMV website were out of line and have been taken down.

IMHO thought the former possible special assessments figures posted on the CMV :mad: were Red Herrings to help sales of the BG Points sold at the resort seeing the developer has not had any UDI inventory to sell for years.

As per CMV website update September 17, 2011. At this time, the scope of the renovation plans have yet to be defined, costs continued to be reviewed and adjusted. We anticipate giving the Board of Director’s an update in the beginning of 2012.

Seeing I have only one "Blended UDI CMV Cottage" ownership left I will most likely hold on to it as it gives me more options on deposits with RCI Points and rentals.

If anyone has doubts on how these UDI's trade, please fee to send me a direct email to judybruce@wi.rr.com and I will send you a list with of RCI exchanges and II exchanges.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Christmas Mountain Village
CMV UDI question

With the help of Sheri (thank you Sheri!), I received my Purchase Agreement from Bluegreen today. This is my first experience with flexible time, much less a UDI deed. And, I was surprised to see a specific week number listed on the purchase agreement. Can someone tell me the significance of having an assigned week number on this UDI? Is this a week that is automatically assigned to me?

I appreciate any feedback.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, it is mainly for keeping track of ownership purposes.

One of those Cottage UDI ownerships I had and then sold had no deeded week or unit number but had a plain ownership number for keeping track of ownerships .

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, it is mainly for keeping track of ownership purposes.

One of those Cottage UDI ownerships I had and then sold had no deeded week or unit number but had a plain ownership number for keeping track of ownerships .

Good to hear - thanks Bruce!

If you don't mind, I thought of another question. Are you able to make these UDI reservations online, or does this type of ownership require a call to Bluegreen?

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunately, you have to call them in. I would love to be able to do it online. It would be so much easier.

A little bummed we can't do it online, but it's not that big of a deal. Thanks for the info Michael!

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can SEE your existing (and past) reservations online, in case you ever loose track of what all you have booked, but the actual reservations have to be made over the phone. The impression I get is that the UDI reservations have several manual steps that they have to make on their end.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
The impression I get is that the UDI reservations have several manual steps that they have to make on their end.

As much as I love online booking when it's working properly, it's kinda nice talking to a real human being sometimes. :crash:

Need to Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of the UID's are deeded unit number and week number 1 - 17, the week number is not a week number as much as it is 1 of 17 ownerships for that unit number,
But I also have seen some weird numbering that I havent figured out what they did. It doesnt correspond to a week or unit number. It is typically a 4 digit number.

With the help of Sheri (thank you Sheri!), I received my Purchase Agreement from Bluegreen today. This is my first experience with flexible time, much less a UDI deed. And, I was surprised to see a specific week number listed on the purchase agreement. Can someone tell me the significance of having an assigned week number on this UDI? Is this a week that is automatically assigned to me?

I appreciate any feedback.